Thursday, November 30, 2017

Things went horribly wrong for a Michigan man who tried to pay for a parking ticket in pennies.

Whatever you're thinking, it's probably worse than that...

...Sevy and a court officer appear to get in an argument before Sevy was reportedly asked to leave. On Sevy's way out of the building, a court officer grabs him from behind and chokes him until he passes out.

Comments

Wow, another authoritarian a*****e costs the tax payers lots of money. Good job a*****s! That man will enjoy his winnings because or your stupidity and inability to control yourselves. I do hope you get fired and hopefully charged with assault. These guys must have neighbors and friends who will see that video, just desserts.

#1 | Posted by danni at 2017-11-30 09:42 AM | Reply

Totally uncalled for. They are really horrible about parking tickets in Royal Oak in general and not the most friendly police force for sure. Frankly it is government currency the government should have to accept it. But they told him to leave, he does it and they attack him...

I have done this myself. In my case, it was the middle of winter and I was parked on a street. There is a curfew where I was and I was leaving just before the curfew. Well guess what, there was the officer just pulling away having put a ticket on my car. It was five minutes before the street parking curfew!!! So being a poor college student I raided my coin jar and came up with the fee and took it into pay the fine. They gave me crap about it and I gave them a piece of my mind, but they took it. The locals didn't really like the college students so that probably why I got it in the first place...

#2 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2017-11-30 09:44 AM | Reply

Taxpayers paying for easily triggered law enforcement officers yet again.

Most expensive parking ticket in Michigan history. I think it should be SOP for these employees to be held responsible for the upcoming trial and settlement costs.

#3 | Posted by 726 at 2017-11-30 09:45 AM | Reply

At least it was rolled pennies. I would have unrolled them in front of the clerk and then handed him the pile of pennies.

#4 | Posted by 726 at 2017-11-30 09:46 AM | Reply

Maybe there's more to a full video, but there's no choke, and nobody passing out in what's shown.

#5 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2017-11-30 10:02 AM | Reply

#5 oh then clearly this is a non story.

#6 | Posted by jpw at 2017-11-30 11:46 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

I'm hoping for a truly satisfying resolution. First, I hope he sues the PD and is awarded a tidy sum for the assault.

Second, I hope the PD then pays him in bags of pennies.

#7 | Posted by MUSTANG at 2017-11-30 12:55 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

#5 oh then clearly this is a non story.

#6 | POSTED BY JPW AT 2017-11-30 11:46 AM | FLAG:

Can't jump to any conclusion. The video available in the article doesn't show somebody getting choked out, but it's also obviously edited for the news site and there's no telling how much it's missing.

#8 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2017-11-30 01:45 PM | Reply