Thursday, November 30, 2017

It had been an unusual day in Britain, with President Trump retweeting several videos from far-right group, Britain First. Taking aim at Prime Minister Theresa May's sharp rebuke of his actions, Trump wanted May to know he was unhappy. In Trump fashion, he took to Twitter to air his grievances but targeted the wrong @TheresaMay. Unfortunately for Trump, the target of his tweet was not the prime minister of the United Kingdom as he had intended, but in fact another woman named Theresa May Scrivener who has just six followers and a protected account.

Comments

To quote James May, Trump is an utter pillock.

#1 | Posted by qcp at 2017-11-30 08:52 AM | Reply

We need to add a line to our oath of office for the Presidency. We need to add that "I promise never to twitter." A President who is addicted to Twitter is a dangerous and stupid opportunity for our enemies to show how stupid and ignorant our leader is.

#2 | Posted by danni at 2017-11-30 08:58 AM | Reply

He is totally not an daily embarrassment to America.

Good job GOP, you built that.

#3 | Posted by 726 at 2017-11-30 09:14 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

If it walks like a Dotard, tweets like a Dotard, it must be a Dotard!

#4 | Posted by donnerboy at 2017-11-30 09:45 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Ok Kim.

#5 | Posted by LIVE_OR_DIE at 2017-11-30 10:04 AM | Reply

Trump is retarded, Twitter should have left his account turned off.

He probably just ruined this poor woman's life. Kind of funny but I'm laughing it's provably wrong.

#6 | Posted by LIVE_OR_DIE at 2017-11-30 10:05 AM | Reply

if I'm laughing it's probably wrong*

#7 | Posted by LIVE_OR_DIE at 2017-11-30 10:07 AM | Reply

Ok Kim.

#5 | POSTED BY LIVE_OR_DIE

The word fits like a glove. I giant, dotard shaped glove.

#8 | Posted by jpw at 2017-11-30 10:26 AM | Reply

"Damn phone can't even let me call Donald Trump retarded without screwing up my post..."

Can't you turn off that feature?

#9 | Posted by danni at 2017-11-30 10:30 AM | Reply

I can turn off autocorrect, but I'm not sure if my big sausagey thumbs would do a better job on their own or not.

#10 | Posted by LIVE_OR_DIE at 2017-11-30 10:38 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#10 | POSTED BY LIVE_OR_DIE AT 2017-11-30 10:38 AM | FLAG: | NEWSWORTHY 1

I feel your pain.

#11 | Posted by cbob at 2017-11-30 11:01 AM | Reply

Trump should just shut the hell up, period. He's utterly incapable of speaking the way people with a conscience speak.

#12 | Posted by cbob at 2017-11-30 11:03 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

On the one hand I hope future leaders talk directly to people the same way he does. Just minus the soul crushing stupidity.

#13 | Posted by LIVE_OR_DIE at 2017-11-30 11:10 AM | Reply

Yeah, I have found that one can speak directly, or even tweet, without being a laughable moron.

#14 | Posted by cbob at 2017-11-30 11:20 AM | Reply

talk directly to people the same way he does.

Constant blatant lies? They already do that.

He's a -------- artist selling them --------, telling them what they want to hear to get their votes. He doesn't talk to them, he talks at them.

#15 | Posted by 726 at 2017-11-30 11:34 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

True story. 25+ years ago some guy with almost my exact same name shot a cop about 10 miles from where I was living during law school. Only his middle initial was N and mine is M. And the police were swarming! I was keenly aware that my name, birthday and addressing was popping up on police computers everywhere. Thank god the cops didn't pull a Trump.

#16 | Posted by moder8 at 2017-11-30 11:38 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Quote the whole post in context.

I specifically said, "Minus the soul crushing stupidity."

#17 | Posted by LIVE_OR_DIE at 2017-11-30 11:41 AM | Reply

Looks like somebody has a lot more Twitter followers today, and an account now full of nasty re-tweets from the Mouth Breathers for Trump 2020...

#18 | Posted by catdog at 2017-11-30 12:11 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#17 so you disagree with #15? sound crushing stupidity is or isn't the same the constant blatant lies and --------?
maybe it's worse?

#19 | Posted by ichiro at 2017-11-30 01:10 PM | Reply

It's funny because I've actually been experimenting with other social media to have political debates on, and it's almost always completely stupid, and occasionally I would think to myself "Man, I miss the battles I had on the Retort," and then of course I pop back in for a day and you completely ruin the ------ memory of at least barely intelligent conversation you moronic tw*t.

The point was I want a leader to talk to us candidly but not be a ------ like Trump.

#20 | Posted by LIVE_OR_DIE at 2017-11-30 02:13 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

#20 | POSTED BY LIVE_OR_DIE

Check out Reddit where they have Safe Spaces for Conservatives. It's hilarious that the snow flakes need little safe spaces where facts get deleted from the thread.

#21 | Posted by Sycophant at 2017-11-30 02:16 PM | Reply

#21 Reddit sucks, segregation is for losers.

I'm not even going to talk about my horrific experiences with Twitter. Night sweats and bad dreams for days.

#22 | Posted by LIVE_OR_DIE at 2017-11-30 02:22 PM | Reply

"I'm not even going to talk about my horrific experiences with Twitter"

maybe you need a new hobby. preferably something in the sunlight

#23 | Posted by ChiefTutMoses at 2017-11-30 02:32 PM | Reply

This is pretty indicative of who Trump supporters are; they see a Sikh in a turban and attack him for being a Muslim.

#24 | Posted by snoofy at 2017-11-30 05:29 PM | Reply

#20 | POSTED BY LIVE_OR_DIE

You mean like FDR fireside chat kind of stuff?

#25 | Posted by jpw at 2017-11-30 08:49 PM | Reply

#22 | POSTED BY LIVE_OR_DIE

It's like rounding up all the DR -------, cloning each one a few million times then giving them all a phone and a twitter account.

#26 | Posted by jpw at 2017-11-30 08:51 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

At least Trump didn't confuse Mother Teresa with Therese May.

#27 | Posted by Ray at 2017-11-30 09:07 PM | Reply

#25 - exactly

#26 - in fairness I didn't exactly "elevate the discourse" there... probably why they started asking for my phone number..

#28 | Posted by LIVE_OR_DIE at 2017-12-01 12:38 AM | Reply