Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Sixty percent of American women voters say they've experienced sexual harassment, according to a Quinnipiac University national poll. Among women who say they've been harassed, 69 percent say they've experienced it at work, as 43 percent say social settings; 45 percent say on the street and 15 percent say it happened at home. Among American men voters, 20 percent say they've experienced sexual harassment. A vast majority of American men and women are deeply troubled by sexual harassment and the numbers underscore why. A stunning six in ten women say they have been victimized.

Comments

"You grab 'em by the........"

What else did you expect?

#1 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2017-11-27 04:52 AM | Reply

Interesting. 1/2 women but only 1/5 men. Not to say that 1/5 is not a problem.

#2 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2017-11-27 12:30 PM | Reply

6/10. My mistake.

#3 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2017-11-27 12:30 PM | Reply

#4 | Posted by MSgt at 2017-11-27 01:46 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

#4 | POSTED BY MSGT AT 2017-11-27 01:46 PM | REPLY: DOESN'T KNOW WHAT SEXUAL HARASSMENT IS

#5 | Posted by Derek_Wildstar at 2017-11-27 02:17 PM | Reply

RE #5 When winking is considered sexual harassment, neither do you.

#6 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2017-11-27 02:53 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#4 | Posted by MSgt at 2017-11-27 01:46 PMFlag: (Choose)FunnyNewsworthyOffensiveAbusive

A lot of women complain about you?

#7 | Posted by Zed at 2017-11-27 03:40 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

#8 | Posted by MSgt at 2017-11-27 04:09 PM | Reply

The point is, if she isn't going to like it, don't do it.

#9 | Posted by bored at 2017-11-27 09:56 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

How sad, if only 60% have been harassed then that means 40% are too unappealing to warrant attention. I think we can do better, everyone has a right to say #metoo.

#10 | Posted by visitor_ at 2017-11-28 07:40 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

When winking is considered sexual harassment, neither do you.

#6 | POSTED BY ANDREAMACKRIS

Who said winking is sexual harassment? Seen any news stories of women complaining about being winked at?

My goodness, there's a friggin' video giving an example of what sexual harassment is.

#11 | Posted by Derek_Wildstar at 2017-11-28 03:33 PM | Reply

When winking is considered sexual harassment, neither do you.
#6 | POSTED BY ANDREAMACKRIS

The DR in-house mitigator strikes again.

#12 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2017-11-28 03:36 PM | Reply

#4 | POSTED BY MSGT

If the Danny Divitos of the world just knew their place, there wouldn't be an issue, now would there?

#13 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2017-11-28 03:37 PM | Reply

It's not really winking, visitor Jr only has one eye.

#14 | Posted by visitor_ at 2017-11-28 03:50 PM | Reply

By recognizing the extreme differences women might consider to be "sexual harassment", SCOTUS wisely used terms like persistent and extreme to define it.

So I get a pass in spite of the fact that it was inferred once that I must be a misogynist when I asked the wrong lady, "What is the name of that cute Asian lady?" (Only because I could not remember her name) My 5 foot supervisor just happened to look like granny from the Beverly Hillbillies, except she had no front teeth. She had some extreme sensitivities.

#15 | Posted by bayviking at 2017-11-28 06:49 PM | Reply

40% are butt ugly.

#16 | Posted by AuntieSocial at 2017-11-28 09:02 PM | Reply

40% are but ugly.

Where the hell do you live.

#17 | Posted by bruceaz at 2017-11-28 09:12 PM | Reply

15% say they've been sexually harassed at home?

Does this mean their husbands are doing the harassing?

#18 | Posted by Tor at 2017-11-28 10:31 PM | Reply

Husbands, fathers, brothers.

#19 | Posted by snoofy at 2017-11-28 10:36 PM | Reply

Hopefully that's not the same man.

#20 | Posted by visitor_ at 2017-11-29 12:09 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

Under the broadest definition of sexual harassment, the number should be much closer to 100% of all Americans.

#21 | Posted by Sully at 2017-11-29 09:22 AM | Reply

"15% say they've been sexually harassed at home?"

So sad but so true.

#22 | Posted by danni at 2017-11-29 09:36 AM | Reply

"ZED, I was actually the one who could literally get away with anything. Over the years I've managed to have many guys hate me just r being so easy around the 'chicks' when they were unable."

OMG, MSGT is Donald Trump! Who knew?

#23 | Posted by danni at 2017-11-29 09:40 AM | Reply

"Guy comes up to woman at bar, hits on her with sexual innuendo and if she thinks he's 'hot', she likes it. Danny Divito looking type comes up to her at same bar, says the same things as the 'hot' guy, and she's now considers herself sexually harrassed."

#24 | Posted by danni at 2017-11-29 09:41 AM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

Im gonna guess that they listed a series of behaviors and asked women if these happend at home rather than ask them if they were being sexually harrassed there.

#25 | Posted by Tor at 2017-11-29 01:31 PM | Reply

OMG, MSGT is Donald Trump! Who knew?

#23 | POSTED BY DANNI AT 2017-11-29 09:40 AM | FLAG: Nah, do not have his money, but am much better looking 😎

#26 | Posted by MSgt at 2017-11-29 01:55 PM | Reply

I used to work with a guy that was an underwear model before he changed careers. It was a riot going to bars with him. It was the same thing every time. As soon as we walked in he would say "i'll be right back" and do a lap around the outer edge of the crowd. Not because he wanted to see who is there, he wanted everyone to see him. As soon as the lap was over he would walk up, keep his back to the crowd and say "how does it look?". Every time there would be Five or six 7 to 10s with their gopher heads popped up looking for him moving through the bar to find him. It was laughable.

But there is a reason nearly all the harassers are ugly. That's all they have.

#27 | Posted by Abh at 2017-11-29 08:15 PM | Reply

Drudge ladies that find themselves in the unlucky 40% and feel that they are missing out, I'm available. From uncomfortable leering to inappropriately touching, I charge on a sliding scale based on your age and weight.

#28 | Posted by visitor_ at 2017-11-30 11:49 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

3 second rule!

Also some of them pretended to be asleep.

#29 | Posted by LIVE_OR_DIE at 2017-11-30 03:02 PM | Reply

Back when I lived in The City, I had a guy put forth an unusual offer to me as I was walking down the sidewalk (middle of the day).

After the obligatory 'hey, can you give me directions to...' opening, which barely broke my stride, he knew he had limited time to work with. So, after a few more fumbled attempts at conversation with a stranger, out it came - the proposition: for the sum of $20 (cash) given to me, I would agree to go back to what he described as his apartment and let him smell my feet.

I declined.

(should have been $20 a foot, easy)

*I'm fairly certain, from where I was and what I assume to be true on the DR, it was NOT Boaz...

**Should have prefaced: I'm a dude.

#30 | Posted by schifferbrains at 2017-11-30 03:19 PM | Reply

"3 second rule!"

Make it a 1 second rule! Easier to remember like the 1 second rule about food touching the floor. Except ice cream.

"Also some of them pretended to be asleep."

Also some of them pretended to be groping.

#31 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2017-11-30 03:28 PM | Reply

"In real life, Danny Divito comes up to a woman who is actively flirting with the good looking guy, good looking guy is immediately ignored and Danny is the object of her affections."

You do realize, that in real life you could replace Danny DeVito with Donald Trump, and your statement becomes even more true.

#32 | Posted by madbomber at 2017-11-30 05:42 PM | Reply

"...I would agree to go back to what he described as his apartment and let him smell my feet."

Was that before or after he hacked them from your legs?

I bet he didn't mention that part, did he?

#33 | Posted by madbomber at 2017-11-30 05:44 PM | Reply