Friday, November 24, 2017

Facebook will show people which Russian propaganda pages or accounts they've followed and liked on the social network, responding to a request from U.S. senators to address manipulation and meddling during the 2016 presidential election. The tool will appear by the end of the year in Facebook's online support center, the company said in a blog post Wednesday. It will answer the user question, "How can I see if I've liked or followed a Facebook page or Instagram account created by the Internet Research Agency?" That's the Russian firm that created thousands of incendiary posts from fake accounts posing as U.S. citizens. People will see a list of the accounts they followed, if any, from January 2015 through August 2017.

Comments

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

I feel like the embodiment of Cartman's joy right now.

#1 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2017-11-22 04:31 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

What they need to do is show you the propaganda you saw shared by people you know.

#2 | Posted by johnny_hotsauce at 2017-11-23 01:45 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Gonna provoke a lot of De Nile.

#3 | Posted by REDIAL at 2017-11-24 12:57 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

They can't handle the truth.

#4 | Posted by bored at 2017-11-24 02:38 PM | Reply

Republicans won't look. That way they can proclaim its still all true.

#5 | Posted by Sycophant at 2017-11-24 03:14 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Many people tell me the reason why they voted for Trump because they feared a Clinton presidency.
That, more than anything is why Trump won.
If you exclude far left California, Trump won by a popular majority.

#6 | Posted by Ray at 2017-11-24 03:25 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Ray sounds like one of those facebook bots.

#7 | Posted by Kreator at 2017-11-24 03:30 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"If you exclude far left California..." - #6 | Posted by Ray at 2017-11-24 03:25 PM

And if you had brains you'd be smart, Raystradamus.

So much for "if you..."

#8 | Posted by Hans at 2017-11-24 03:31 PM | Reply

If you exclude far left California, Trump won by a popular majority.

If you exclude Trump voters, he wouldn't have a single vote.

See how that sort of thinking works?

#9 | Posted by REDIAL at 2017-11-24 03:31 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#9 | POSTED BY REDIAL

Impeccable logic.

So is: if nobody voted there would be no politicians.

#10 | Posted by Ray at 2017-11-24 03:44 PM | Reply

That, more than anything is why Trump won.
If you exclude far left California, Trump won by a popular majority.

#6 | POSTED BY RAY AT 2017-11-24 03:25 PM | REPLY

Many people tell me they feared a Clinton presidency too. What with all the child sex pizza parlors, her having seizures, selling off uranium to the Russians, on and on.
I mean who could vote for that?

Oh but none of that was true.... So the real reason people voted for Clinton was the internets false propaganda worked on them.
Not everyone who voted for Trump is racist. Some invest in beanie babies and pokemon cards. Some are all about Pyramid schemes.
Either way Trump voters fell for false propaganda or bought into the ramblings of a blow hard, snake oil salesman, trust fund baby from NYC.

In addition, Drinking liberal tears is not a political policy. Its identity politics. Trump voters now self Identify as either racist or retarted. No offense to the truly mentally disabled

#11 | Posted by Alaskan_Guy at 2017-11-24 03:48 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 5

#7 | POSTED BY KREATOR
#8 | POSTED BY HANS

Like it or not, I stated a fact. Look it up.

It tells me that there's been a shift towards the right.
What attracted voters to Trump too, it that he wasn't a career politician.

#12 | Posted by Ray at 2017-11-24 03:49 PM | Reply

So the real reason people voted for Clinton

So the real reason people DIDNT* vote for Clinton.

#13 | Posted by Alaskan_Guy at 2017-11-24 03:52 PM | Reply

#11 | POSTED BY ALASKAN_GUY

IMO, the left is blaming everything but themselves. If they learn nothing from this experience, they'll lose again.

#14 | Posted by Ray at 2017-11-24 03:55 PM | Reply

What attracted voters to Trump too, it that he wasn't a career politician.
#12 | POSTED BY RAY AT 2017-11-24 03:49 PM | FLAG:

I hear that a lot too.
I mean i wouldn't want a career military person to advanced to General either
I wouldn't want a career firefighter or police officer to become fire chief or police chief respectively either.
I wouldn't want a career lawyer to represent me in court, I would prefer a "business man" with no legal experience.
I don't want a career professional athlete to manage my favorite team.
I mean someone who has spent most of their life being a public servant? All that institutional knowledge and experience?
No effing way brah!

#15 | Posted by Alaskan_Guy at 2017-11-24 03:59 PM | Reply

#14 | POSTED BY RAY AT 2017-11-24 03:55 PM | REPLY | FLAG

The sheer amount of dumb assery it took to put Trump in the oval office.... Theres enough blame to go around. Left, right and center.

#16 | Posted by Alaskan_Guy at 2017-11-24 04:02 PM | Reply

#16 | POSTED BY ALASKAN_GUY

#15 | POSTED BY ALASKAN_GUY

On political matters, everything operates in reverse.

The best politician is an ignorant politician who knows he's ignorant. The worst are ignorant and don't know it.

#17 | Posted by Ray at 2017-11-24 04:13 PM | Reply

"If you exclude far left California, Trump won by a popular majority."

Just another dishonest way of pretending Trump won the popular vote. He didn't, didn't even come close. He won because of voter suppression in several key swing states.

#18 | Posted by danni at 2017-11-24 04:17 PM | Reply

"In the same vein, the inexorable growth of government is a sign of social decay."

Simple disagree with this assertion but whatever.

#17 | POSTED BY RAY AT 2017-11-24 04:13 PM | REPLY | FLAG:

"Smaller government is better government" In that vein no government is best government. Anarchy for President!

These political pladitudes are as meaningless as they are easy to repeat.

The U.S. Government is of the people for the people by the people. The alt right is saying, we don't like American people, we don't trust American people. Simple ideas for simple minded Anti Americans or pro-nationalist. Its so dumb its hard absorb.

#19 | Posted by Alaskan_Guy at 2017-11-24 04:25 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#19 | POSTED BY ALASKAN_GUY

The U.S. Government is of the people for the people by the people.

If you believe that, I have a bridge for sale. It makes sense when you replace "people" with "rich."

These political pladitudes are as meaningless as they are easy to repeat.

I'm old enough to see the decay over sixty years. We're on a path that's happened with regularity throughout history. Nations rise. Then they fall.

#20 | Posted by Ray at 2017-11-24 04:37 PM | Reply

#18 | POSTED BY DANNI

Yes. Hillary did win the popular vote. But in our electoral system, popular vote doesn't count.

I'm trying to extract some meaning by the fact that far left California gave Hillary the popular majority. It signals to me a shift to the right.

#21 | Posted by Ray at 2017-11-24 04:41 PM | Reply

- It signals to me a shift to the right.

www.youtube.com

#22 | Posted by Corky at 2017-11-24 04:51 PM | Reply

These political pladitudes are as meaningless as they are easy to repeat.

#20 | POSTED BY RAY AT 2017-11-24 04:37 PM | REPLY | FLAG:

I'll pass on your bridge, Trump sold people on a wall though so there seems to be a market for imaginary structures.

The old, "I remember a simpler time when the American dream was within your grasp. Our nations moral compass was pointing true north."

I remember teaching kids to duck under their desks. Race riots, military drafts, McCarthyism, political assassinations, segregation and so on.

This is how selective memory is exploited in campaigns. "I got the cure for whatever ails you" Trump slinging snake oil.

#23 | Posted by Alaskan_Guy at 2017-11-24 05:00 PM | Reply

#23 | POSTED BY ALASKAN_GUY

You've made a false assumption that I'm a Trump supporter.

When I was young, America was the world's wealthiest nation in terms of real wealth based on production output.
Now it's the world's greatest debtor nation. Production was offshored.
That's what I mean by decay.
The statistics count debt as wealth. It's an illusion.

#24 | Posted by Ray at 2017-11-24 05:07 PM | Reply

#24 | POSTED BY RAY AT 2017-11-24 05:07 PM | FLAG:

I never tried to presume what your political leanings are. You were stating why Trump won. I was only pointing out (from my perspective) why those reasons are non-sensible.

When you were young Labor unions lobbied successfully for the working class. The economy is less local now and more global. The internet had yet to be invented and despite oil crisis of the 70's the world wasn't yet shifting to different forms of energy. Automation, computerization had yet to impact labor.
Struggling to find our footing in a increasingly changing labor and energy economy is a lot different than claiming the U.S. is a failing nation. The world is a lot smaller now. Economies are adjusting, divisive politics is not helping.

#25 | Posted by Alaskan_Guy at 2017-11-24 05:24 PM | Reply

P.S. Sorry to high jack this thread.

#26 | Posted by Alaskan_Guy at 2017-11-24 05:26 PM | Reply

The statistics count debt as wealth. It's an illusion.

#24 | Posted by Ray

If ignorance is bliss you must be one happy old fool.

Debt for the government is not the same as debt for a household.

Turns out the US is worth around $100 Trillion dollars (depending on the fluctuation in the stock market and other factors).

That is AFTER you subtract the national debt (~$20 trillion dollars).

#27 | Posted by donnerboy at 2017-11-24 05:30 PM | Reply

#27 | POSTED BY DONNERBOY

If ignorance is bliss you must be one happy old fool.

Yeah sure. You keep telling yourself that.

That is AFTER you subtract the national debt (~$20 trillion dollars).

That doesn't count unfunded debt like SS and Medicare. Multiply $20 trillion by ten. It doubles about every nine years.

One problem. The dollar is a unit of debt.

#28 | Posted by Ray at 2017-11-24 05:41 PM | Reply

When you were young Labor unions lobbied successfully for the working class.

Pretty much anything political is based on lies, omissions and half-truths. In truth, big business supported labor unions as a way of eliminating wild cat strikes.

Economies are adjusting, divisive politics is not helping.

Politics is inherently divisive. Economies have their limits. We haven't see the last major market downturn.

#29 | Posted by Ray at 2017-11-24 05:48 PM | Reply

#29 | POSTED BY RAY AT 2017-11-24 05:48 PM | FLAG:

If my buddy says to me, "I won't to serve my country. I am going to join the armed forces and give back to the country I love." No one would question his/her motives.

If my same buddy were to say, "I want to serve my country but im really soft and don't like the idea of participating in armed conflict. I think I could best serve my country by joining the city assembly, or run for congress. I think I could really help my community and country" Many people would question his/ her motives.

Being a public servant and serving your country in any capacity should not be met with such cynicism. If you decide its your life calling to serve your constituents and you spend most of your life in that field good for you. The idea that a life long politician is highly suspect for many Americans is odd.

Not to say there aren't bad apples but as a blanket statement about politicians.... disheartening. In my view most people aren't out to angle shoot you. I don't think that my view is naive on this matter.

I heard a while back someone say there are two schools of thought here. First: People are born to sin and are inherently bad. Any institution created by man is flawed from the start. The Second: People are inherently good and without strength of character they can be corrupted.

Im of the second school of thought and believe people start out to serve their country with the best of intentions initially at least.
Just because its possible to be corrupted doesn't mean any one person will over time. Thats the spirit in which i view the American populace and the U.S. Government. For what its worth.

#30 | Posted by Alaskan_Guy at 2017-11-24 06:32 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 5

What I don't get about "fearing" a Clinton Presidency is WHY? The ONLY why's are made up Right wing BS. Bill is POS as a human being but his Presidency saw huge progress in the economy and federal spending among other things. It was time of great economic expansion unlike Reagan and Bush before him.

#31 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2017-11-24 07:01 PM | Reply

20 x 10 = 200 trillion.

I call BS Ray. Is that over 75 years or some such nonsense?

Link or lie buddy.

I checked it out and the best guess would actually be more like $30 trillion.

But, that is assuming, of course, that Congress does nothing.

www.ncpa.org

#32 | Posted by donnerboy at 2017-11-24 07:04 PM | Reply

I get frustrated with this level of political cynicism. I understand being skeptical of politics in general but this emo political view is tiresome..
#30 | POSTED BY ALASKAN_GUY

That's too bad if you don't like it. Government is nothing but a scaled up version of the Mafia. I'm tired of the lies, extortion, coercion, corruption, destruction and mass murder. It's a predatious institution. A criminal syndicate that attracts psychopaths.

The general public is being sacrificed on the alter of money and power. That's what service means in reality. Like fallen empires before us, this country has no place to go but down.

A post like this usually generates a lot of hate. Let's see what happens.

#33 | Posted by Ray at 2017-11-24 07:04 PM | Reply

"this country has no place to go but down."

You said that 10 years ago. You've been saying it nonstop since. You were screaming "Dow 1400" as the Dow hit ten times that number.

Why should anyone listen to someone with your dismal track record?

#34 | Posted by Danforth at 2017-11-24 07:12 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Like fallen empires before us, this country has no place to go but down.

Empires that fell before us lasted on average 600-700 years.

WE all know Trump is a disaster for the US and the world but it will take more than a Trump to take us down.

So if History is any guide we have more than a few hundred years before we start the decline.

#35 | Posted by donnerboy at 2017-11-24 07:13 PM | Reply

"...this country has no place to go but down." - #33 | Posted by Ray at 2017-11-24 07:04 PM

"Drought conditions are prevailing all around the globe. Water is arguably in more serious shortage than any other natural resource. There's a good chance of higher food prices ahead as nations bid for dwindling food stocks." - Raystradamus, on the coming apocalypse
And...
Over time, Ray has witnessed many an empire rise up only to be ------------ back down to earth by hubris, and notices many of the familiar symptoms occurring here in the USA. Rather than succumb to the forces of history, Ray has taken preemptive action, singlehandedly constructing a fortress made of solid jewgolds -- complete with gilded meats, vegetables, and various potables. He sees the rest of the world as playing court jester to what will be his epistemologically-ordained royalty, but might still like to watch you chase and scrounge after a few jewgolds between noshes on the turkey leg you will be bringing him. In case the mob becomes too unruly or the best-case scenario otherwise doesn't pan out, Ray has personally overseen the construction of his very own Golden Gun, and feels quite confident betting it against whichever antenna da' ---- chooses.

#36 | Posted by Hans at 2017-11-24 07:19 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

#12 the problem with the "not a career politician" argument is that it's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

They voted for garbage candidates then got so tired of garbage candidates they voted for an even larger pile of garbage candidate as a supposed fix.

Here's a great idea, why don't they stop dry ------- corporations long enough to realize that corporations are the source of most of their problems, including politicians who do more for donors than constituents.

#37 | Posted by jpw at 2017-11-24 07:28 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Link or lie buddy.
#32 | POSTED BY DONNERBOY

This is the best I can do. Note the date September 2013. www.youtube.com

That kind of stuff doesn't go on official record. Government operates on a cash basis. Revenue is spent as fast as it come in. A lot of spending is off the books. It doesn't follow the accounting practices that apply to business. Nothing is set aside for future contigencies.

After treasuries, the Federal Reserve covers the difference. The growth of the money supply reflects the growth in federal debt.

20 x 10 = 200 trillion.

Whatever the real amount, it's many times treasury debt and federal income. Washington will borrow and spend until something stops them. The Feds can't default, because the Federal Reserve can print infinite amounts of money. What it does to the value of the dollar some day in the future is another matter.

#38 | Posted by Ray at 2017-11-24 07:41 PM | Reply

#35 | POSTED BY DONNERBOY

Whatever makes you happy.

Why should anyone listen to someone with your dismal track record?
#34 | POSTED BY DANFORTH

We all have -------- and we all have opinions.

#39 | Posted by Ray at 2017-11-24 07:44 PM | Reply

#37 | POSTED BY JPW

Ditto. As the saying goes, we have the best politicians money can buy.

#40 | Posted by Ray at 2017-11-24 07:49 PM | Reply

We all have -------- and we all have opinions.

#39 | Posted by Ray

And some of us keep them in the same place.

"This is the best I can do. Note the date September 2013. www.youtube.com"

Figures... all opinion straight from your butt and no facts.

My source was the NATIONAL CENTER FOR POLICY ANALYSIS -- The National Center for Policy Analysis (NCPA) was a non-profit American think tank whose goals were to develop and promote private alternatives to government regulation and control. (wiki)

I would not consider them a left leaning organization either. It only took me about 5 seconds to find them (so I would need more sources to verify how accurate the data is but I think it gets the point across)

#41 | Posted by donnerboy at 2017-11-24 07:53 PM | Reply

"and we all have opinions."

And yours have been proven uninformed, time and again. Recently you've claimed the Dow will hit 30,000, and now you claim we have no way to go but down. Even your rants are inconsistent.

#42 | Posted by Danforth at 2017-11-24 07:59 PM | Reply

#42 | POSTED BY DANFORTH

Get a life. If you don't like my opinions, ignore them.

#43 | Posted by Ray at 2017-11-24 08:17 PM | Reply

Ray where in this life is anarchy alve and well, or are you just reminiscing?

I'd say the very wealthy are as close to anarchy as can be found.

#44 | Posted by snoofy at 2017-11-24 08:27 PM | Reply

Current debts double every nine years. It's a trend that's not sustainable. That's the downhill part.

#45 | Posted by Ray at 2017-11-24 08:29 PM | Reply

Ray where in this life is anarchy alve and well, or are you just reminiscing?
#44 | POSTED BY SNOOFY

Nowhere. Mass anarchy usually means civil disorder to put it politely. Like France after Louis XIV was beheaded.

I'd say the very wealthy are as close to anarchy as can be found.

Yes. The laws apply to us and not to them. I would add the political class to that group.

Lawless lawmakers. That term has a ring to it.

#46 | Posted by Ray at 2017-11-24 08:34 PM | Reply

Facebook to Show Users Putin Propaganda They Fell For That Facebook Made A ---- Pot Full Of Money From

#47 | Posted by Whizzo at 2017-11-24 09:34 PM | Reply

"Get a life. If you don't like my opinions, ignore them."

If you don't like my reminders about your endless amounts of bull hockey, stop posting crap.

"IMO in an era of ultra low interest rates, the stock market offers better gains."

So? Dow 30,000 is even dumber than your idiotic prediction of Dow 1400. What changed? Why was your first prediction so far off, yet this one is visionary?

"It's a trend that's not sustainable."

You claimed as much over a decade ago. Maybe it's time to give up the sandwich board.

#48 | Posted by Danforth at 2017-11-24 10:06 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

#48 | POSTED BY DANFORTH

--!

#49 | Posted by Ray at 2017-11-24 10:10 PM | Reply

#48 | POSTED BY DANFORTH

--!

Posted by Ray at 2017-11-24 10:10 PM | Reply

--??? You're --ll up on crazy??? We know.

#50 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2017-11-24 10:13 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Bwahahahahahaha!

What happened, Ray...did you finally find out cancer only cures itself if you redefine the word???

#51 | Posted by Danforth at 2017-11-24 10:17 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Get a life. If you don't like my opinions, ignore them.

#43 | POSTED BY RAY

I prefer to point 👉🤪and laugh 😂.

#52 | Posted by donnerboy at 2017-11-24 10:42 PM | Reply

I wonder if there's a way for rcade to update the site so it recognizes emojis.

Then we can better express our 🤯 at Repubs.

#53 | Posted by jpw at 2017-11-24 11:16 PM | Reply

Facebook users who shared this material should be required to acknowledge and apologize for spreading this stuff or Facebook should Scarlett letter their accounts as gullible and susceptible to promulgating fake material. Kind of the opposite of "verified twitter"

#54 | Posted by leadbelly at 2017-11-24 11:22 PM | Reply

I wonder if there's a way for rcade to update the site so it recognizes emojis.

Please gawd no. Next thing would be a "like" button.

#55 | Posted by REDIAL at 2017-11-24 11:26 PM | Reply

A like button would be too much, if not redundant given the flags option.

I dunno, emojis open up new avenues of expression and efficiency.

For instance, instead of typing an ad hominem post that makes people cry or whine I can just post 🖕🏻.

#56 | Posted by jpw at 2017-11-24 11:39 PM | Reply

They'd just get moderated.

#57 | Posted by REDIAL at 2017-11-24 11:44 PM | Reply

As do the typed posts.

I'd just like an efficient method of giving an unequivocal message of "nope".

#58 | Posted by jpw at 2017-11-25 12:19 AM | Reply

I've got a question for Ray.

Just what part of Russia are you from?

I ask this because all Real Americans know despite all the jokes we make in the media California has many republican congressmen and in fact its previous governor was a republican, in other words all this nonsense about how California vote shouldn't count is really just Russian garbage that no real American would ever promote.

So again ray what part of Russia are you from?

#59 | Posted by Tor at 2017-11-25 01:47 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#48 | POSTED BY DANFORTH

You of all people should be familiar with the exponential function. Government debts and unfunded obligations are doubling about every nine years. It's a matter of how many more times they can double before the numbers become too massive to sustain.

Meanwhile, party on like there's no tomorrow.

So again ray what part of Russia are you from?
#59 | POSTED BY TOR

I live in Siberia close to the North Pole. There isn't much to do here when it's too cold to go outside. When I get bored, I like to post wierd things that make liberals angry. They take themselves entirely too seriously.

#60 | Posted by Ray at 2017-11-25 07:08 AM | Reply

I'm always surprised when seemingly intelligent people refuse to acknowledge that which is common knowledge.

Let's not acknowledge the reality of corruption, ya know, because that would mean i've wasted my whole life, plus I've followed false idols.

It's enough to make one question the existence of Santa Claus.

#61 | Posted by kudzu at 2017-11-25 07:40 AM | Reply

ray,
The entire West Coast supported Hillary including Hawaii. There is no evidence of runaway inflation on account of the Federal Reserve generating $17 trillion in liquidity. The problem is the Fed always helps the wrong people.

#62 | Posted by bayviking at 2017-11-25 08:42 AM | Reply

'wrong' people.

#62 | POSTED BY BAYVIKING

that is a matter of perspective, ain't it? If you were a .01%-er (the people that own 50% of all wealth on earth), you would think they are helping the exact 'right people'.

Like I said before, people do not want to look at reality. The Fed is not a government agency. It is a private bank. It is run by private bankers. It is not beholden to the laws of the Fed Gov't. They alone have the power to determine the value of the dollar, and the cost of credit. Using these two tools, they can do whatever they want to do, and even the government cannot control them. All they have to do is call in the markers and the whole worldwide economy will collapse in a matter of minutes.

Until you come to grips with these facts, and all that it means, the remaining questions are not gonna make sense.

#63 | Posted by kudzu at 2017-11-25 08:55 AM | Reply

OK kudzu,

If supporting organized crime, backed by the US military, is a constitutional requirement, you might have a point.

#64 | Posted by bayviking at 2017-11-25 09:25 AM | Reply

The entire West Coast supported Hillary including Hawaii.
#62 | POSTED BY BAYVIKING

All I did was poiht out the population disparity between left leaning states and right leaning states. I read that as a shift to the right. It remains to be seen if the midterms confirm the shift.

Not so much in consumer prices. We see inflation in assets like stocks, real estate and bonds.

The problem is the Fed always helps the wrong people.

That is what the Federal Reserve was designed to do. Remember, it's a legally sanctioned banking cartel.

#65 | Posted by Ray at 2017-11-25 10:33 AM | Reply

Not so much in consumer prices.

I take that back. I wasn't thinking about college tuition, health care costs and food costs.

Runaway inflation is a consequence of lost faith in the currency. Venezuela is a good recent example. We're nowhere near that stage.

#66 | Posted by Ray at 2017-11-25 10:41 AM | Reply

"You of all people should be familiar with the exponential function."

I am; that's how I knew your predictions of constant imminent doom were manure.

Again, you've been holding a sign proclaiming THE END OF THE WORLD IS NEAR for (at least) 12 years straight. When, exactly, is your timeline? We've already blown through several of your visionary predictions.

#67 | Posted by Danforth at 2017-11-25 11:12 AM | Reply

I am; that's how I knew your predictions of constant imminent doom were manure.

Apparently you don't know the meaning of "trend". So is your internalizing of what I've been saying, manure.
I don't think you do know the significance of exponential function. Professor Bartlett explains:
www.youtube.com

An economy built on debt cannot stand. Debt cannot go to infinity. This cycle has been a hundred years in the making since the creation of the Federal Reserve and the Income Tax. It's been designed to self-destruct. If you don't see that, tough.

I'm bad at timing. So I won't go there. When economies collapse, they start at the weakest sectors first, from low quality debt to higher qualities. In the states, student loans, pensions, mortgages, state treasuries and sub-prime debt. As bad as it is here, Europe and Japan are worse. Safe havens for now are the dollar, federal treasuries and stocks. Gold and silver are great buys at these prices.

It's like pornography. You'll know it when you see it. If you don't like the message, that's your problem.

#68 | Posted by Ray at 2017-11-25 12:35 PM | Reply

"Apparently you don't know the meaning of "trend""

A trend that doesn't materialize in a decade isn't a trend.

"I don't think you do know the significance of exponential function."

You've been predicting imminent collapse for over ten years.

"An economy built on debt cannot stand. Debt cannot go to infinity."

True. But your claims have been that we'd be long past collapse by now.

"I'm bad at timing. So I won't go there."

Nonsense. You "go there" every time you predict.

"As bad as it is here, Europe and Japan are worse."

Oh...so Europe and Japan will collapse before the US?

"Safe havens for now are the dollar, federal treasuries and stocks."

So much for your prediction we have no place to go but down.

"If you don't like the message, that's your problem."

And if you don't like being outed for being a constant sandwich board screamer, that's your problem. See how that works?

#69 | Posted by Danforth at 2017-11-25 12:57 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

It looks like having an adult conversation is impossible.

#70 | Posted by Ray at 2017-11-25 03:10 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

It looks like having an adult conversation is impossible.
#70 | POSTED BY RAY

Well. You're not an adult. So. There's that.

#71 | Posted by ClownShack at 2017-11-25 03:11 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Well, when one adult creates wild fantasies, and tops it off by claiming 90% of cancers cure themselves, it's tough.

#72 | Posted by Danforth at 2017-11-25 03:14 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"When I get bored, I like to post wierd things that make liberals angry."

Followed by "It looks like having an adult conversation is impossible."

You can't make this stuff up.

#73 | Posted by Danforth at 2017-11-25 04:07 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 7

I still think ray is a russian tool.

Knowongly or unknowingly he's dancing to their beat.

#74 | Posted by Tor at 2017-11-25 07:47 PM | Reply

If you fell for something on facebook in Russian propaganda you probably shouldn't be able to vote. All people get real news from facebook.

#75 | Posted by Crassus at 2017-11-26 12:08 AM | Reply

I have a talent for pissing off liberals.

#76 | Posted by Ray at 2017-11-26 07:13 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

A trend that doesn't materialize in a decade isn't a trend.

Trends can last for decades, thousands and millions of years. Trend indicates direction. Trends end when direction changes.
The long term downward trend of the US economy has been down since the 70s.

"I'm bad at timing. So I won't go there."
Nonsense. You "go there" every time you predict.

Then you should do opposite of whatever I say.

All you proved is that I don't think like liberals. That works into my confirmation bias.

#77 | Posted by Ray at 2017-11-26 07:30 AM | Reply

"Trends can last for decades, thousands and millions of years."

So much for your constant predictions of imminent doom.

"you should do opposite of whatever I say."

I've invested well by selectively ignoring kooks.

"All you proved is that I don't think like liberals."

Or conservatives. You're your own unique brand: the kind who believes in a Dow made of Magic Unicorns, cancers that cure themselves, and a world where regular doctor visits are suicidal.

#78 | Posted by Danforth at 2017-11-26 09:10 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Seth Rich was offed by fakebook russian news planters.

Planters peanuts are good

#79 | Posted by mutant at 2017-11-26 09:19 AM | Reply

#78 | POSTED BY DANFORTH

I can sense your anger. If I get lucky, I might cause you to have a heart attack.

You're probably already on blood pressure meds.

#80 | Posted by Ray at 2017-11-26 10:41 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

"I can sense your anger."

Wow. Off even further than I thought.

"You're probably already on blood pressure meds."

Actually, other end of the spectrum. You're on a real Ray streak, aren't you?

#81 | Posted by Danforth at 2017-11-26 10:44 AM | Reply

Careful, danforth...he's about to sell you some snake oil or colloidal silver.

#82 | Posted by Alexandrite at 2017-11-26 10:46 AM | Reply

And the only thing that angers me is when you give dangerous, stupid medical advice. You're the Suzanne Somers of the DR.

#83 | Posted by Danforth at 2017-11-26 10:47 AM | Reply

"he's about to sell you some snake oil or colloidal silver."

Or colloidal GOLD!

#84 | Posted by Danforth at 2017-11-26 10:47 AM | Reply

Actually, other end of the spectrum.

Sounds like anti-depressents.

Sure, as if it makes sense to poison people when they get sick.

#85 | Posted by Ray at 2017-11-26 11:52 AM | Reply

"Sounds like antidepressants."

Wow, you're just a well of stupid, aren't you?

"as if it makes sense to poison people when they get sick."

If the poison kills what's about to kill them, then yes, it makes sense. You're hung up on the fact there is no cancer "cure", when living an extra 10 years is cure enough for many.

#86 | Posted by Danforth at 2017-11-26 12:06 PM | Reply

You attack whatever I say. So it's pointless to continue.

#87 | Posted by Ray at 2017-11-26 12:30 PM | Reply

"You attack whatever I say. "

Translation: I debunk your bu!!shiite.

"So it's pointless to continue."

Then why would you respond to me? Are you getting that senile?

#88 | Posted by Danforth at 2017-11-26 01:38 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2