Monday, November 20, 2017

Fox News host and TV judge Jeanine Pirro is heading to court herself after being ticketed for excessive speeding Sunday in upstate New York. State Police say Pirro was clocked driving 119 mph in a 65 mph zone when she was stopped by a trooper at about 1:15 p.m. Sunday afternoon in the Town of Nichols in Tioga County. ... According to the DMV website, a conviction of going more than 40 mph above the speed limit could result in 11 points on a person's driver's license. When a driver reaches 11 points their license will be suspended.

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

"I had been driving for hours to visit my ailing 89-year-old mom and didn't realize how fast I was driving. I believe in the rule of law and I will pay the consequences," Pirro said in a statement through Fox News Channel.

Comments

The trees being a complete blur wasn't a warning to her?

#1 | Posted by Sycophant at 2017-11-20 04:43 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

If she doesn't have concrete proof her mom is terribly ill they should throw the book at her.

#2 | Posted by Tor at 2017-11-20 04:44 PM | Reply

She might not have realized she was doing a buck-twenty, but she had to know she was doing well over the limit.

#3 | Posted by JeffJ at 2017-11-20 04:45 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

The trees being a complete blur wasn't a warning to her?

#1 | Posted by Sycophant at 2017-11-20 04:43 PM | Reply | Flag:

You aren't supposed to look at the trees while driving dear.

#4 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2017-11-20 04:46 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Posted by JeffJ at 2017-11-20 04:45 PM | Reply

Not when your mind's on your mom.

#5 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2017-11-20 04:48 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Laura,

On occasion my mind has wandered while driving and I suddenly found myself doing 85 in a 70. But 120? Again, she might not have realized she was driving that fast, but she had to know she was seriously speeding. I was hoping the linked article would mention what kind of vehicle she was driving. Surely it was high-end and some high-end vehicles can mask excessive speeds up to a point.

#6 | Posted by JeffJ at 2017-11-20 04:53 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

When your foot is all the way to the floorboard, you know you're speeding.

#7 | Posted by Kreator at 2017-11-20 05:31 PM | Reply

I can symphathize. I was driving my Mustang GT today and looked down and I was doing 110.

#8 | Posted by boaz at 2017-11-20 05:51 PM | Reply

I was in the car with my mom when she hit triple digits and had no idea. Unfamiliar roads heading to CO from TX. She was used to driving a toaster box Scion XB with a 1 liter motor but was driving an Acura CL 3.0 with z-rated tires and tightened suspension. Her jolly chuckling about how well my car handled made the next 15+ tickets I had in that car worth it. It's possible to be doing 50 over and not know, but not likely and not for long.

#9 | Posted by gavaster at 2017-11-20 05:54 PM | Reply

Many German cars make 120 seem like nothing these days. However, if she took out my family because of this stupid move, I'd lose my mind. Coming up on another car while you're going 60 miles an hour faster doesn't leave much room for error if that car changes lanes.

Pulling the 89-year old card is lame. She must not have big ----.

#10 | Posted by JimDuncan at 2017-11-20 06:13 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Her momma paid her bail and she said you're gonna drive me to drinkin' if you don't stop drivin' that hot rod lincolm

#11 | Posted by truthhurts at 2017-11-20 06:27 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

Speeder: "Officer, I thought you didn't give tickets to pretty girls."
Officer: Looks up from ticket book. "We don't"

#12 | Posted by bored at 2017-11-20 06:30 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

I can symphathize. I was driving my Mustang GT today with a Liberal strapped to the front grill and playing highway to hell as loud as it would go on the outside amps as I headed to Gas Town and I looked down and I was doing 110.

#8 | Posted by boaz

edited by donnerboy

#13 | Posted by donnerboy at 2017-11-20 07:30 PM | Reply | Funny: 3

@#5 Not when your mind's on your mom.

In which case, she should not have been driving if she was not able to focus upon her driving.

Once you get behind the wheel of a car, you are responsible for what you do. As a former DA, she should have known this.

#14 | Posted by LampLighter at 2017-11-20 07:47 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

She ------ up. Bad on her. Give her a stiff fine. Suspend her license for a bit. Move on and don't do it again.

#15 | Posted by moder8 at 2017-11-20 07:51 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

She deserves to lose her license for a while after driving so far over the speed limit. Looking at Nichols, N.Y., on Google Maps it seems like she must have been on N.Y. 17. It's a divided four-lane highway, so I don't know how much she endangered other drivers, but going that fast she could kill somebody and herself pretty easily. You're not giving yourself time to react to what other drivers do in response to your craziness.

#16 | Posted by rcade at 2017-11-20 08:22 PM | Reply

This is atrocious. I've never been over 115.

#17 | Posted by cbob at 2017-11-20 09:37 PM | Reply

120 is fast but people regularly drive 75 to 85 in a 65 zone where I live in CA. A few sports car fly by every now and then even at those speeds. Wouldn't be surprised if they were going that fast.

#18 | Posted by dibblda at 2017-11-20 11:21 PM | Reply

They end up doing something like this every once in a while:

www.google.com

#19 | Posted by dibblda at 2017-11-20 11:25 PM | Reply

Half my life ago I was riding my motorcycle faster than that. The biggest charge was reckless endangerment. 2 1/2 years. My lawyer explained it as using a vehicle as a weapon. If I'd off hit a passenger or driver side door I would have killed someone, if the cops chasing me crashed who knows. 120 vs 85 huge difference if you've never done it.

I ran out of road ,cops were rough and firm and since I was white and made it 30 some years without getting into trouble I mostly paid money , it took more than a year to resolve.

I drive like an old lady now ( no offense to old ladies)

#20 | Posted by bruceaz at 2017-11-21 12:31 AM | Reply

"120 vs 85 huge difference if you've never done it."

Once on an empty road driving 2 wheels and it scared the crap out of me. Even young people typically don't have those kind of reflexes.

#21 | Posted by dibblda at 2017-11-21 02:07 AM | Reply

120 mph shows an astronomical level of disregard for the safety of other drivers. She should lose her license.

#22 | Posted by 726 at 2017-11-21 08:15 AM | Reply

Had the hammer down on I-86/ NY 17, the Southern Tier Expressway. I've driven that road many times. Beautiful scenery, winding road that isn't built for such speed in a passenger auto driven during the day. The officer did other drivers a favor by stopping this witch, before she killed someone...

#23 | Posted by catdog at 2017-11-21 08:32 AM | Reply

55mph+ over the limit? Instant trip to jail here.

#24 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2017-11-21 09:01 AM | Reply

I'd have to say she's a bigger danger to the public than a guy who picks strawberries over staying his Visa, paying into SS and never drawing a dime from it, etc,etc.

#25 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2017-11-21 09:48 AM | Reply

#22 | POSTED BY 726

Agreed .... But perhaps she was just being a Millennial, you know disregard and respect for government, social institutions and church is a good thing, according to Kudzu.

#26 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2017-11-21 09:53 AM | Reply

55mph+ over the limit? Instant trip to jail here.

I'm surprised this wasn't a trip to jail. If she was a young black male I bet it would have been.

#27 | Posted by rcade at 2017-11-21 09:55 AM | Reply

Posted by rcade at 2017-11-21 09:55 AM | Reply

That is IF he made it that far to be put in jail.

#28 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2017-11-21 09:57 AM | Reply

#27 - RCADE

If she was a young anything it would have been. It was for me. :)

#29 | Posted by gavaster at 2017-11-21 11:16 AM | Reply

I saw 175 on my Gixxer 750 once. Scared the hell out of me too.

One of the reasons I got off crotch rockets.

#30 | Posted by boaz at 2017-11-21 12:35 PM | Reply

LOCK HER UP!

#31 | Posted by ichiro at 2017-11-21 04:32 PM | Reply

That is IF he made it that far to be put in jail.

Sad but true.

#32 | Posted by rcade at 2017-11-21 08:19 PM | Reply

If she was a young anything it would have been.

I dunno. Some young women skate on traffic violations all the time because male cops cut them a break. Can't figure out why that is.

#33 | Posted by rcade at 2017-11-21 08:20 PM | Reply

Too slow. Faster and she would've gotten away with it.

#34 | Posted by IndianaJones at 2017-11-22 03:04 PM | Reply

if you can't tell you are doing 120 mph. you should have your license removed regardless of your mental state.

if she was deliberately doing 120 a regular person would have their license revoked.

#35 | Posted by klifferd at 2017-11-22 03:16 PM | Reply

I used to drive back and forth to NYC quite a bit about 5 years ago.
There was a section of highway in NJ that I swear people did 100+ MPH regularly, and were in and out of lanes.
Same with driving in Atlanta.

I'm a speeder. Especially on longer trips. Even at 85mph it is damn near impossible to detect/get out of the way/gauge what to do with somebody approaching that fast. Reckless driving charges barely cover that type of speed. There has to be a license suspension of well over a year to adequately cover that type of careless driving.

#36 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2017-11-22 03:23 PM | Reply

Boaz,
Were the bikers still driving the I95 section by Bragg taunting cops at well over 100mph when you were there?
My buddy's plate was COPRUNR (or coprnr).

#37 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2017-11-22 03:25 PM | Reply