Friday, November 17, 2017

With tears in her eyes, Danica Patrick emotionally confirmed to media on Friday afternoon she would be stepping away from full-time racing competition following Sunday's Ford EcoBoost 400 at Homestead-Miami Speedway. "My sister said I wasn't supposed to get emotional," she said, wiping tears from her eyes, as her sister and parents watched from the back of the room. "I said I wouldn't. But I'm grateful for all the opportunities." Dressed in a white blouse and black jeans, the 35-year-old Patrick declared her intentions to transition after a historical six-year full-time career in NASCAR preceded by a headline-making seven-year full-time stint racing in the IndyCar series.

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

I'm heartbroken. I LOVED Her racing.

Comments

Time for a CTE checkup. She took some hard hits.

#1 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2017-11-17 07:18 PM | Reply

I'd do her.

#2 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2017-11-17 07:37 PM | Reply

She wouldn't do you

#3 | Posted by truthhurts at 2017-11-17 07:43 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

Met her once.

Tiny.....and I'd do her.

#4 | Posted by eberly at 2017-11-17 09:07 PM | Reply

She wouldn't do you either

#5 | Posted by truthhurts at 2017-11-17 09:15 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Yeah, I'd do her too but I'd probably bore the ---- out of her.

But it seems wrong to even say that now.

#6 | Posted by bruceaz at 2017-11-17 09:21 PM | Reply

Did she ever win a NASCAR race?

#7 | Posted by REDIAL at 2017-11-17 10:21 PM | Reply

Did the Cardinals ever win the super bowl. Phoenix suns got any rings?

#8 | Posted by bruceaz at 2017-11-17 11:27 PM | Reply

IndyCar is cooler than NASCAR.

#9 | Posted by IndianaJones at 2017-11-17 11:51 PM | Reply

If there is only one girl at the party, she is the prettiest girl at the party, regardless of what she looks like.

#10 | Posted by kudzu at 2017-11-18 08:26 AM | Reply

She's a professional car racer, I respect her accomplishments. She's also, incidentally, hot! She'd consider me to be a dirty old lady, but I can look.

#11 | Posted by danni at 2017-11-18 09:37 AM | Reply

Posted by danni at 2017-11-18 09:37 AM | Reply

She won't do you either

__TruthHurts.

#12 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2017-11-18 09:46 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

REDIAL

"Did she ever win a NASCAR race?"

To the best of my knowledge, No. She did take the pole at Daytona once, though.

Her transition from Indy to NASCAR never really caught on. I always thought her only purpose at NASCAR was as a tax write-off for Stewart-Hass.

#13 | Posted by Twinpac at 2017-11-18 12:13 PM | Reply

LAURAMOHR

" SHE ".....TruthHurts

#14 | Posted by ABlock at 2017-11-18 01:48 PM | Reply

Thank you Laura, I think Bruceaz might have a shot though.

#15 | Posted by truthhurts at 2017-11-18 02:12 PM | Reply

Thank you Laura, I think Bruceaz might have a shot though.

Posted by truthhurts at 2017-11-18 02:12 PM | Reply

Jesus you're dense.

#16 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2017-11-18 02:33 PM | Reply

I've seen her drive indycar and nascar and she's damn fine, but like all women
racers, she just won't get in your face and force a situation. same thing was true about Junior to a lesser extent. not like the Busch boys or Stewart or Jeff Gordon. Exact opposite of someone like Robbie Gordon who was a great driver but was always a wreck waiting to happen. women have always seemed to me to have too much common sense to be successful racing against men.
Michelle Mouton being the exception.

#17 | Posted by ABlock at 2017-11-18 03:11 PM | Reply

Open letter

Dear Danica,

Hi, I'm Bruceaz. I stink of gin and cigarettes and probably have a little egg yolk in my beard from breakfast. I'd love to spend some quality time with you. Truthhurts will vouch for me. And you can take my rusty old Ford Pinto for a spin.

#18 | Posted by bruceaz at 2017-11-18 03:21 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

Open letter
Dear Danica,
#18 | Posted by bruceaz

Shakespeare couldn't have written it better!

#19 | Posted by truthhurts at 2017-11-18 03:50 PM | Reply

BRUCE

Ricky Stenhouse beat you to the punch. Sorry, fella, too little, too late and many $$$$$$$$$$$ short. ~ LOL

#20 | Posted by Twinpac at 2017-11-19 04:05 AM | Reply

Martin Truex just won the 2017 NASCAR championship and he did it with style.

#21 | Posted by Twinpac at 2017-11-19 07:09 PM | Reply