Friday, November 17, 2017

Rapper Lil Peep, an emerging voice on the hip hop scene and a YouTube star, has died at the age of 21, police and a business associate confirmed to CNN Thursday. A spokesman for the Tucson, Arizona, Police Department told CNN that police were called just before 9 p.m. Wednesday night after Lil Peep was found unresponsive by his manager in his tour bus and said that first responders "rendered medical aid but they were unable to save him." "After speaking with people on scene and going into the tour bus, (police) said that there was evidence of a possible drug overdose, most likely from Xanax," Sgt. Pete Dugan told CNN in a phone interview Thursday.

Comments

Read an interview with him. Fascinating person.

#1 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2017-11-17 12:14 PM | Reply

A person I follow on Instagram had Lil Peep as a Lyft passenger just a week ago. He said he was exceptionally nice and friendly.

Prescription drug overdoses are an epidemic in this country.

#3 | Posted by rcade at 2017-11-17 02:04 PM | Reply

This New York Times piece explains Lil Peep for those of us oldsters who never heard of him:

www.nytimes.com

#4 | Posted by rcade at 2017-11-17 02:13 PM | Reply

www.nytimes.com

Posted by rcade at 2017-11-17 02:13 PM | Reply

Hey I'm not old. I'm 16 years old in a tired assed 46 year olds body. You know what sucks??? I can't go out and partay like I want to. Tired ass won't let me. Pffffffffttttttttttt

#5 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2017-11-17 02:25 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#5 | POSTED BY LAURAMOHR

I'm 80...in a 35 year old body.

#6 | Posted by Sycophant at 2017-11-17 02:30 PM | Reply

What a mess. He looked like a short timer. If they ever remade Trainspotting, he could've starred.

#7 | Posted by lee_the_agent at 2017-11-17 02:40 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

He did this tour of his tattoos. It was fascinating. He was still a kid. OD'ing on anti-anxiety meds is tragic.

video.gq.com

#8 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2017-11-17 02:52 PM | Reply

OD'ing period is tragic. The kid had a drug problem the whole time if you read the NYT piece. He actually had some talent. Tragic this is the life he chose.

#9 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2017-11-17 04:18 PM | Reply

Has it been 24 hours yet?

I don't trash talk for 24 hours.

#10 | Posted by Tor at 2017-11-17 06:07 PM | Reply

If he'd been killed in a mass shooting we couldn't talk about him at all.

#11 | Posted by Zed at 2017-11-18 06:06 AM | Reply

#9 | POSTED BY GALAXIEPETE AT 2017-11-17 04:18 PM | REPLY

All ODs matter?

#12 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2017-11-18 10:19 AM | Reply

a lemon for some..lemonade for the rest of us

#13 | Posted by ABlock at 2017-11-18 04:13 PM | Reply

#12 | Posted by BruceBanner

Frankly yes. All ODs do matter. Care to say they don't?

This kid was an extra special wreck.

#14 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2017-11-19 12:56 AM | Reply

If your parents both graduated from Harvard and you got facial tattoos there's a 99% chance you've squandered your life.

#15 | Posted by Tor at 2017-11-19 11:17 AM | Reply