Wednesday, November 15, 2017

In the latest of a series of recent allegations about the Academy Award-winning actor, actress Veronica Warren revealed Thursday that Tom Hanks was extremely kind to her on the set of the 2006 film The Da Vinci Code.

Comments

Also from the article:

"The entire time I was on set he repeatedly exposed himself to me as a thoroughly decent human being."
Thought we could use some good news around here.

#1 | Posted by Hans at 2017-11-15 06:43 AM | Reply

I suspected it for a long time. He's a serial do gooder.

#2 | Posted by danni at 2017-11-15 06:57 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

Also, BTW, an ugly story about Tom Hanks would seriously break my heart. I honestly believe he is the man he appears to be and I hope my beliefs will never be destroyed.

#3 | Posted by danni at 2017-11-15 06:59 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"...an ugly story about Tom Hanks would seriously break my heart. I honestly believe he is the man he appears to be and I hope my beliefs will never be destroyed." - #3 | Posted by danni at 2017-11-15 06:59 AM

I am with you on that, Danni.

Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson, and Ron and Cheryl Howard are but two contemporary examples that prove that Hollywood marriages can be honest and true, despite all the temptations and evidence against such marriages being successful.

#4 | Posted by Hans at 2017-11-15 07:04 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

You don't hear about the successful marriages and good people in Hollywood because a) scandal sells and b) sightings are rare - like Hollywood unicorns.

#5 | Posted by MUSTANG at 2017-11-15 07:34 AM | Reply

"Tom Hanks touched me."

- Wilson.

#6 | Posted by 726 at 2017-11-15 08:08 AM | Reply | Funny: 7

Tom and Rita are good people, their kids went to the same school as my son and while I have only met them a couple of times we have mutual friends that rave about them. They truly are what they seem to be, decent, normal people who have raised good kids.

Thanks Hans for sharing this article, we do need good news around here once and a while.

#7 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2017-11-15 11:34 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I've always likened Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson to a modern version of Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward.

A people who knew they were very very fortunate to be where they were; and subsequently felt a sense of responsibility to stay grounded, avoided the temptation to give in to egotism, and try to give back a little bit.

#8 | Posted by shane at 2017-11-15 12:41 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

There are some good, solid marriages in Hollywood. Kevin Bacon and Kyra Sedgewick, Tom Selleck and Jillie Mack, Michael J. Fox and Tracey Pollan, Mark Harmon and Pam Dawber, Jamie Lee Curtis and Christopher Guest, the Osbournes, etc...

You know what else? There probably isn't a person on that list (with Tom Hanks and his wife added) that wouldn't be absolute delights to sit down and have dinner and drinks with.

#9 | Posted by MUSTANG at 2017-11-15 02:25 PM | Reply

tom selleck is a jerk.
I thought he handled Rosie O'Donnell in a respectful manner back in the day, but word is he's a bag on the set of blue bloods.

#10 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2017-11-15 02:55 PM | Reply

#10 I met him a few times when I was in the Navy - just happenstance every time - and he was always pleasant. Maybe he soured with age.

#11 | Posted by MUSTANG at 2017-11-15 03:04 PM | Reply

It could be.
I was disappointed to hear it because I'm a huge Magnum PI fan.

#12 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2017-11-15 03:08 PM | Reply

I'd like to meet DeNiro and Ron Howard.

I heard that George C. Scott was an -------.

#13 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2017-11-16 12:02 AM | Reply

I'd like to meet Eva Green. Not cause I know or not that she is nice but for the simple possibility she will fall madly in love with me.

#14 | Posted by truthhurts at 2017-11-16 12:05 AM | Reply

I was really impressed with Eva Green's acting ability in Miss Peregrines Peculiar Children, but then I realized it was likely due to her immense hotness influencing my alt-brain.

#15 | Posted by bored at 2017-11-16 02:24 PM | Reply