Tuesday, November 14, 2017

New Yorker: This past weekend, I spoke or messaged with more than a dozen people -- including a major political figure in the state -- who told me that they had heard, over the years, that [Roy] Moore had been banned from the [Gadsden] mall because he repeatedly badgered teen-age girls. Some say that they heard this at the time, others in the years since. These people include five members of the local legal community, two cops who worked in the town, several people who hung out at the mall in the early eighties, and a number of former mall employees.

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

Greg Legat, who is now fifty-nine and living in East Gadsden, was, from 1981 to 1985, an employee at the Record Bar, a store that was in the Gadsden Mall. ...

Legat says that he saw Moore there a few times, even though his understanding then was that he had already been banned. "It started around 1979, I think," Legat said. "I know the ban was still in place when I got there."

Comments

Steve Bannon knows how to pick them, doesn't he? As sickening as this is, if it can neuter the filth spawned by Bannon and his ilk all this pain will serve a decent cause after all. But none of these women deserve what Moore did to them nor what Moore, Bannon, and his immoral supporters and their attack dogs are doing at this moment. May they all burn in hell.

#1 | Posted by tonyroma at 2017-11-13 08:16 PM | Reply

So? Joseph and Mary went to malls.

#2 | Posted by Zed at 2017-11-13 08:22 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

How creepy do you have to be to get banned? Wow. No wonder he went full evangelical.

#3 | Posted by bored at 2017-11-13 08:27 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

And the POTUS brags about walking in the dressing room of teenage girls.

#5 | Posted by truthhurts at 2017-11-13 08:43 PM | Reply

This should be easy to produce. There should be paperwork and not just hearsay. If so, this is would be the first real tangible something. It will be interesting to see how he reacts to this..

And yes, I want to see something in writing....

#6 | Posted by boaz at 2017-11-13 08:50 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

"Git, Ray Moore. You git' on outta here, ya hears? Your pitcher's on the wall in the command center." Mall of Alabama Security

#7 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2017-11-13 08:50 PM | Reply

Sorry, that's with Trump's tax returns.

#8 | Posted by Corky at 2017-11-13 08:51 PM | Reply

And yes, I want to see something in writing....

Long or short form?

#10 | Posted by REDIAL at 2017-11-13 08:54 PM | Reply

I'm sure there was a wall of shame at the mall with Moore's picture on it.

#11 | Posted by truthhurts at 2017-11-13 08:56 PM | Reply

lol. Cuz we all know it is a liberal conspiracy and lie that caused an Alabaman mall to ban Moore for pervy behavior. Damn. Moore apologists are retarded.

#12 | Posted by moder8 at 2017-11-13 09:05 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

Sorry, that's with Trump's tax returns.
#7 | Posted by Corky

And Obama's school financial records?

#13 | Posted by boaz at 2017-11-13 09:11 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Just when I thought I was done laughing at the insane creepiness of him signing a girls yearbook I see about his mall banning.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Just how aggressive must he have been to get banned from a mall?

#14 | Posted by Tor at 2017-11-13 09:12 PM | Reply

Moder8,

YOU know as well as anybody, we in this nation are innocent until proven guilty. NO one up until this point has been able to even give any evidence past innuendo and accusations. We here in the U.S. don't convict like that and it's scary you are a member of the bar with your blatantly ideological bias.

Are you really a criminal defense lawyer?

#15 | Posted by boaz at 2017-11-13 09:13 PM | Reply | Funny: 3 | Newsworthy 3

#12 |

Sorry, I keep forgetting that all modern Presidents release their school financial records.... rofl!

#16 | Posted by Corky at 2017-11-13 09:17 PM | Reply

And yes, I want to see something in writing....

#5 | POSTED BY BOAZ

Here is proof he likes little girls. The guy is a creep and should resign and go in hiding. To bad it didn't come out when it happened so he could go to jail'Can't stand pedophiles the need their ding dongs cut off!

img.thedailybeast.com

#17 | Posted by patron at 2017-11-13 09:17 PM | Reply

try again

www.google.com

#18 | Posted by patron at 2017-11-13 09:24 PM | Reply

And Boaz you know it's bad when fox news runs the story.

#19 | Posted by patron at 2017-11-13 09:26 PM | Reply

"Lock her up!" We remember the right chanting that so their calls for "innocent until proven guilty" fall on deaf ears. Hey, let's hold some more Benghazi hearings and then complain about Roy Moore facing unfair scrutiny from the left. Then let's laugh our asses off!

#20 | Posted by danni at 2017-11-13 09:34 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

More than 50 Alabama pastors sign letter supporting Roy Moore

The pastors' letter does not directly address the allegations, but refers to an "all-out war" on his campaign by "the Washington establishment" and suggests that the reports are dishonest.

"We are ready to join the fight and send a bold message to Washington," the letter reads. "Dishonesty, fear of man, and immorality are an affront to our convictions and our Savior and we won't put up with it any longer."

thehill.com

#22 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2017-11-13 09:40 PM | Reply

"But with how you are talking now, you will deserve it."

So basically, Boaz, all of the accusing women are liars. Think about that and what it says about you.

#23 | Posted by danni at 2017-11-13 09:41 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 5

She says this happened in 1979. I'm almost 50 years old and I was 9 years old then. Something about this just doesn't feel right. You all here have judged Moore and already condemned him. No trial, nothing but hate. He has denied it, but I guess that isn't enough. Age of consent in Alabama was and is 16. Most of those women were 16-18 at the time. Well, it's the law. This didn't happen today. Times have changed. You cannot prosecute him under todays atmosphere.

Anything else needs proof. Anything else needs to be a charge in a court of law. Then and only then should his career be taken from him. If he is charged, I can see him needing to step down. But otherwise, this lynch mob mentality should not be allowed to continue....

#24 | Posted by boaz at 2017-11-13 09:42 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

#14 really? Hillary was innocent until proven guilty?

Do righties really expect anyone else to believe their claims of honesty or morality anymore?

Because I sure as hell don't believe it.

#25 | Posted by jpw at 2017-11-13 09:42 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

"I hope none of you are ever accused of something and have your life ruined before you can defend yourself. But with how you are talking now, you will deserve it.
#20 | Posted by boaz at 2017-11-13 09:37 PM"

Looks like you're already doing that for him.

#26 | Posted by TrueBlue at 2017-11-13 09:42 PM | Reply

So basically, Boaz, all of the accusing women are liars.

I didn't say that. But I'm also not a judge. Neither are you.

Think about that and what it says about you.

You are in a rush to judge. What does that say about you?

#27 | Posted by boaz at 2017-11-13 09:43 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

"but refers to an "all-out war" on his campaign by "the Washington establishment""

A good many if not most of these women have stated that they supported Trump. Sort of ruins that whole "the Washington establishment" attempt to deflect their animosity towards their molester. The women are truthful, Moore is simply a lying scumbag and everyone knows it. Some voters in Alabama will still vote for him but they know the truth and should be ashamed of themselves, probably are.

#29 | Posted by danni at 2017-11-13 09:45 PM | Reply

This guy sounds like an incredible creep. When I was growing up in the World Wide Church of God (a brainwashed fundamentalist doomsday cult) I got the distinct impression that all of the clergy where either pedophiles or con-men. But I guess it's the same for all cults.

I'd like to know what church he was in, but that is never mentioned.

#31 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2017-11-13 09:45 PM | Reply

The women are truthful

How do you know?

What the woman who accused the Duke Lacrosse defendants truthful? Did you take her side before we knew the truth?

#32 | Posted by boaz at 2017-11-13 09:46 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

Coming from you, that's practically a compliment Boaz.

#33 | Posted by snoofy at 2017-11-13 09:46 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"What the woman who accused the Duke Lacrosse defendants truthful?"

Is Roy Moore being truthful when he says "Generally, no?"
You tell me Boaz.

#34 | Posted by snoofy at 2017-11-13 09:47 PM | Reply

I know one thing, everyone in the U.S. deserves due process. Moore, whether he did what he is accused of or not, deserves his day in court.

And if this is how it's going to be, I'm sure the next time you democrats get a nominee, some women or men will just pop up out of nowhere and make an accusation, so I suppose you will have no problem if that person steps down before any trial or such, correct?

#35 | Posted by boaz at 2017-11-13 09:48 PM | Reply | Funny: 2 | Newsworthy 2

" Moore, whether he did what he is accused of or not, deserves his day in court. "

You mean whether he did what he's already admitted to doing?

#36 | Posted by snoofy at 2017-11-13 09:49 PM | Reply

Is Roy Moore being truthful when he says "Generally, no?"

To be honest, probably not. I'm not arguing for Moore. I could give a f**k whether he is elected. I'm more concerned about what this does to accusations and our rights to be innocent until proven guilty.

Also, I don't like that most of this is 40+ years old. It shouldn't even be brought up. It's an unfair thing that he cannot defend himself from.

#37 | Posted by boaz at 2017-11-13 09:50 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

I guess Boaz thinks his confession was coerced, or he misspoke, or...
Boaz, why exactly do you think Roy Moore is lying when he says "Generally, no?"
Or you just think he's lying about that, for some reason we may never understand?

#38 | Posted by snoofy at 2017-11-13 09:50 PM | Reply

You mean whether he did what he's already admitted to doing?

He hasn't admitted anything criminal or otherwise. Age of consent in his state was 16. Just like it's 18 in other states.

#39 | Posted by boaz at 2017-11-13 09:51 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

Boaz just showing his true colors again. He's got to protect the people that think like him... Especially the ones that prey on teenage girls. Congrats, Boaz. You made my keyboard vomit. Sick ----.

#40 | Posted by deadseasquirrel at 2017-11-13 09:51 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

I don't think he is lying. I think in his 30's, he probably did try to date 16 year olds. It wasn't illegal. Distasteful in todays society, yes. But maybe not at the time he was 30...

#41 | Posted by boaz at 2017-11-13 09:53 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

Again,

I'm not condoning what he did. You people act like just because I don't automatically take the side of the woman, I'm wrong. No, I'm not.

As I said, I AM NOT DEFENDING MOORE, I'm defending his right to fight accusations. You dumb asses cant see the difference.

#42 | Posted by boaz at 2017-11-13 09:55 PM | Reply | Funny: 2 | Newsworthy 2

"before you can defend yourself. But with how you are talking now, you will deserve it."

I, too, am concerned about the new mandate: we must believe all the accusers. Full stop. No, we must evaluate all the accusers' stories. It will take another Tawana Brawley debacle or a faux Duke rape case for a more balanced approach to be obtained. We have swung from "They all are liars" to "They are all telling the truth." I think it was okay to be cautious about Moore's guilt after the WaPo article was first published, but now as more stories coming out, the more credence those stories have, especially when many of the people speaking out are lifelong Republicans and Trump supporters.

#43 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2017-11-13 09:55 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"It's an unfair thing that he cannot defend himself from."

Though God knows Hannity tried to give him every chance.

#44 | Posted by Danforth at 2017-11-13 09:57 PM | Reply

Of course he is entitled to due process before he can be incarcerated but he is not entitled to due process before voters can decide he is guilty.

#45 | Posted by danni at 2017-11-13 09:57 PM | Reply

Conveniently boaz is all for rule of law.

What's your take on the Mueller investigation? Should be allow law and order to work in that case too?

#46 | Posted by jpw at 2017-11-13 09:59 PM | Reply

"I'm defending his right to fight accusations."

He's not really fighting them.
His "defense" is he doesn't remember. And it was a long time ago, which is coincidentally a pillar of your defense.

HANNITY: But do you remember ever going on a date with her? She said that you asked around out on the first of several dates but nothing progressed beyond kissing.

MOORE: I don't remember specific dates. I do not and I don't remember if it was that time or later. But I do not remember that.

HANNITY: But you know hard but you never dated her ever? Is that what you're saying?

MOORE: No but I don't remember going out on dates. I knew her as a friend. If we did go on dates then we did. But I do not remember that.

#47 | Posted by snoofy at 2017-11-13 10:00 PM | Reply

RCade, are my posts invisible? I posted this at 8:13, so maybe you were reading it yourself and didn't check the Backpage. The article about evangelical child abuse I posted Saturday afternoon and it expired at 5:58 today and is now on the Front page too.

#3 | Posted by tonyroma at 2017-11-13 08:32 PM | Reply | Flag:

Hey, Tony - man, the news was breaking out all over... like my post in another thread almost half an hour before you!

-------------------------------------

Just in:
Roy Moore was once banned from a mall in Gadsden, Alabama, for stalking teenage girls.

www.newyorker.com

#38 | Posted by cbob at 2017-11-13 07:49 PM | Reply | Flag:
| Newsworthy 1

#48 | Posted by cbob at 2017-11-13 10:01 PM | Reply

but he is not entitled to due process before voters can decide he is guilty.

The voters cant decide he is guilty. They can decide not to vote for him. But then again, as you liberals love to quote to me, which you yourselves aren't following, "Judge ye not, lest you be judged".

Karma just doesn't only work for liberals you know.

#49 | Posted by boaz at 2017-11-13 10:05 PM | Reply | Funny: 3

"I'm more concerned about what this does to accusations and our rights to be innocent until proven guilty."

Boaz, I remember now how you reminded all those right-wingers who chanted LOCK HER UP that we have Due Process in this country.

We all remember that, right guys?

#50 | Posted by snoofy at 2017-11-13 10:05 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Did someone impugn that right?

I'd say what's problematic is they way he is fighting them.... oh, and as Gal pointed out, the mounting evidence to the contrary.

Just because Donald gets to be the Liar in Chief doesn't mean everyone else does.

#51 | Posted by Corky at 2017-11-13 10:07 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Boaz, you would be wise to reflect on occasion about the state of the GOP.

Think about whether you're being sold a bill of goods. Not just by Moore, but by Trump and Fox and the whole sleazy, steaming pile of excrement that is calling itself Republican these days. They are slathering you with excrement, and you are working it in like body lotion and asking for more.

You need to figure out when to say, this doesn't smell right.

#52 | Posted by cbob at 2017-11-13 10:12 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"- I'm defending his right to fight accusations. You dumb asses cant see the difference.

Did someone impugn that right?"

No, just like nobody impugned the right of Nazis to march.

But apparently that right was under grave threat.

So right-wingers, who totally aren't Nazis and Confederate sympathizers, rushed to the defense of Nazis and Confederate sympathizers.

Because you know, when Nazis are allowed to march, their rights are in grave danger of being revoked.

#53 | Posted by snoofy at 2017-11-13 10:14 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

You need to figure out when to say, this doesn't smell right.

#54 | Posted by boaz at 2017-11-13 10:19 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Boaz, clearly you have a sense of how many allegations are false.

Most of them, about half; what's your thinking here?

#55 | Posted by snoofy at 2017-11-13 10:21 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Among men who have been banned from malls for harassing girls, how many of the other allegations against them are false?

About 85% false, maybe more?

#56 | Posted by snoofy at 2017-11-13 10:22 PM | Reply

"With women leveling accusations, that doesn't get done much, ask the Duke Lacrosse team."

It might accomplish something. Ask Bill Cosby or Harvey Weinstein.

#57 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2017-11-13 10:25 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

If I understand correctly Moore was an assistant District Attorney when he got banned from the mall.

His behavior must have been predatory to the point security was willing to risk being fired, lawsuits and worse in order to protect the children.

#58 | Posted by Tor at 2017-11-13 10:34 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Look Snoof,

I think he probably did target young women. He was young. My 21 year old daughter still has the mentality of a 17 year old. It was still legal for him to try to date 16 year olds. I'm not condoning, just saying it was/is legal. I think "sexual assault" is in vogue. Even the slightest touch, whether unintended or intended is being called "assault" these days. A few of these instances, the man was rebuffed and he stopped, but the women still are saying just that he approached her made her uncomfortable and needs an apology. I think some of this "metoo" stuff is getting over blown and risks looking like calling wolf or seeking attention.

I think that we need to step from the ledge of where every woman is trying to think of a time when a man whistled at her or winked and 30 years later she needs to speak up. Not everything is harassment.

I bet when it comes to a situation when a woman can be accused of a crime and she cant defend herself, things will change..

While no doubt some of these women are truthful, I believe some are just taking advantage of the moment.

#59 | Posted by boaz at 2017-11-13 10:36 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

#56 | Posted by Tor

Correct Tor, so there has to be a paper trail. And if there is, that's damming for him..

#60 | Posted by boaz at 2017-11-13 10:37 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Open question: Is anyone surprised that Bannon gave his support to this guy?

#61 | Posted by JeffJ at 2017-11-13 10:39 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Kevin Spacey plays a president on House of Cards and was promptly fired, he was in a movie which was finished shooting which they are going through and replacing all the footage he was in. Because back in the 1980s he molested a 14 year old boy.

Roy Moore is a serial child molester. Yet he is still up for election for Senate.

Republicans. Are. Deplorable.

#62 | Posted by ClownShack at 2017-11-13 10:43 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Why am I not surprised Boaz is defending a child molester simply because he's a Republican.

#63 | Posted by ClownShack at 2017-11-13 10:44 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

17 posts out of 60 are from Boaz defending a child molester.

Roughly 28% of the posts.

Roughly 1/3 of this thread.

Is Boaz defending a child molester.

Boaz. I may be wrong. But I believe you have two daughters. You should let them go spend the night in Roy Moore's cabin with him. I mean. You trust Roy Moore.

You freak out at the possibility of transgendered people using the bathroom of their choice because "What if?"

Now Roy Moore is accused of child molestation and you're all, "let's see the proof."

You. Are. Deplorable.

#64 | Posted by ClownShack at 2017-11-13 10:51 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

"Judge ye not, lest you be judged".

~Boaz

"Transgendered people want to rape our children"

~Boaz

You really can't make this isht up.

#65 | Posted by ClownShack at 2017-11-13 10:55 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

Since Moore admitted to dating teen age high school girls in his early-30's, there is no rush to judgement about those specific actions.

Best case scenario, the woman who was 14 at the time is lying about her in-private interactions with Moore. Even trying to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume she's lying, and I am not remotely convinced that she is, at best he was dating High School teenage girls when he was in his early 30's. Now, in the case of three of them, they were all of the age of consent and by their own accounts his actions were consistent with those of two people who are dating. Norms haven't changed between then and today and this is just creepy behavior by the norms of his day as well as the present. Thrown in two other women who are accusing him of felonious sexual predation and.....keeping in mind, these aren't anonymous sources and these aren't women with any apparent axes to grind as far as I can tell. It used to be right-wingers would deride anonymous sources. Can't do that here. So, now it's the timing? The timing probably has to do with the deluge of women feeling empowered to come forward after the lid was blown off Harvey Weinstein's decades of predation. This guy is unfit and should drop out of the race. If he runs and wins the Senate should vote to remove him.

#66 | Posted by JeffJ at 2017-11-13 10:56 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Boaz is not defending a child molester.

#67 | Posted by JeffJ at 2017-11-13 10:57 PM | Reply

Kevin Spacey at 26. Fondled a 14 year old boy. His career is over.

Roy Moore, in his early 30s. Molested high school teenage girls. He's still up for senate.

Seems Hollywood holds its members to higher standards than the GOP.

#68 | Posted by ClownShack at 2017-11-13 10:59 PM | Reply

Boaz is not defending a child molester.

Take off your rose colored glasses.

#69 | Posted by ClownShack at 2017-11-13 11:00 PM | Reply

The woman who spoke today has the most damning story about Moore. They weren't dating, and he sexually assaulted her. Plus, she has proof they knew each other (he signed her yearbook). Also, she said she and her husband are Trump supporters.

#70 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2017-11-13 11:02 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2017-11-13 11:02 PM | Reply

Holy Hell that's what I call double damned.

#71 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2017-11-13 11:04 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#52 | POSTED BY BOAZ

Wow. What a shock. I would have never expect Boaz to use a whataboutism.

#72 | Posted by jpw at 2017-11-13 11:07 PM | Reply

Take off your rose colored glasses.

#67 | POSTED BY CLOWNSHACK

Tawana Brawley
The Duke Lacrosse team.

To name a couple. I don't think it's out of line to be cautious in rushing to judgement in a he-said/she-said scenario.

Seems Hollywood holds its members to higher standards than the GOP.

#66 | POSTED BY CLOWNSHACK

Three of the high school girls he dated said no such thing and they were at the age of consent at the time. The boy who Spacey was with was 14 at the time and he doesn't deny it. Moore denies the allegations of the woman who was 14 at the time. Apples/oranges.

Also, the Senate Majority leader is calling on Moore to drop out of the race. Since Moore already won the primary, that is all he has the power to do at the moment. If Moore wins the election, he could call for a Senate vote to have him removed. You're not making a fair comparison.

#73 | Posted by JeffJ at 2017-11-13 11:08 PM | Reply

Deplorables with need to see video proof of the molestation. Along with visual proof the person is actually Moore, plus proof the girl is actually under aged. Then they will need Moore's grandmother to confirm it was him. Along with an ounce of virgin blood.

Otherwise.

It's all a liberal hoax.

#74 | Posted by ClownShack at 2017-11-13 11:09 PM | Reply

Boaz is not defending a child molester.

#65 | POSTED BY JEFFJ

He's smart enough to not say so directly.

However, his sudden concern for rule of law is his smoke screen.

How many times did he call Hillary a criminal and use that as justification to bash her as unqualified for POTUS or, worse, open for investigation/incarceration after Trump won? How many times did he drag Benghazi into a conversation despite there being a damned Congressional report stating it wasn't the fault of the DoS?

It's nothing but dancing and bull---- game playing.

#75 | Posted by jpw at 2017-11-13 11:13 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

"If Moore wins the election, he could call for a Senate vote to have him removed."

McConnell can call for the Senate vote tomorrow, if he choses: Senators can go on record saying if elected, they'll refuse to seat Moore.

D'you think he'll do that?

#76 | Posted by Danforth at 2017-11-13 11:14 PM | Reply

Seems Hollywood holds its members to higher standards than the GOP.

#66 | POSTED BY CLOWNSHACK

Ummmm a supermax cell block holds it members to a higher standard than the GOP.

#77 | Posted by jpw at 2017-11-13 11:14 PM | Reply

D'you think he'll do that?

#74 | POSTED BY DANFORTH

I doubt it. He's too politically savvy to throw a member of his own party under the bus without taking advantage of an opportunity to simultaneously hold Democrats' feet to the fire. I could see him doing this:

Calling for a floor vote to send a message to Moore - if you are elected, we will vote to immediately remove you. Then, calling a floor vote for Menendez - if the jury finds you guilty we will vote to immediately remove you.

#78 | Posted by JeffJ at 2017-11-13 11:18 PM | Reply

Rushing to judgement? Was the 14 year old a ----. Or is she a liar.

Moore denies the allegations of the woman who was 14 at the time.

If you think most people will willingly confess to molesting an underaged girl you're being naive.

#79 | Posted by ClownShack at 2017-11-13 11:21 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

...rumored to have been banned.

#80 | Posted by ichiro at 2017-11-13 11:21 PM | Reply

Alabama police officers make up rumors about banned creepy prosecutors all the time, along with their colleagues saying it was widely known that Roy liked em young.
Sure.

#81 | Posted by bored at 2017-11-13 11:41 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Clown,

You can't deny the number of accusations that have proven to be fraudulent and with that in mind, I understand where Boaz is coming from.

Having said that, I think it's important to state where I personally fall in all of this (having already commented on the consensual dating of 3 teenage girls at the age of consent).

Let's set aside the second accuser who just came forward and focus on this woman, Ms. Corfman. Here are the aspects of her story that jump out at me:

WaPo did an excellent job of reporting her allegations very carefully - interviewed her 6 times to see if any details in her story changed, which would indicate it was, at least in part, a fabrication. Each time she was interviewed the details remained the same.

Her reason for not coming forward sooner - thought she wouldn't be seen as reliable - is understandable given the problems she's had in her life.

She cited other people she told of her encounters and cited when she told them. When WaPo sought these people out, they all corroborated.

There is a lot to her story that is often missing from other accusations of this nature.

Without a time-machine and a spy cam, we will never truly know what happened, so we have to work with the information that is available to us. Based upon said information, I think it's highly likely Ms. Corfman is telling the truth which would make Moore a criminal sexual predator, and not just a creeper.

#82 | Posted by JeffJ at 2017-11-13 11:44 PM | Reply

#64 | POSTED BY JEFFJ

Spot on!!!

Boaz is not defending a child molester.
#65 | POSTED BY JEFFJ

Maybe not, but he IS rationalizing, and in the least neutralizing, a child molester...In. The. Least.

#83 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2017-11-13 11:48 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Duke Lacrosse Team was accused by a single individual. You dumb ----- using that as a reason to question FIVE women with incredibly similar stories should be ashamed of yourselves and reconsider taking a course in arithmetic.

#84 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2017-11-13 11:52 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 5

This episode really captures in a nutshell why so many of us believe that right wingers stupid and/or complete hypocrites. It really is shocking. People are telling us from every angle within Alabama that Moore is a known perv, yet still so many right wingers want to believe it is a liberal plot. How indoctrinated are you?

#85 | Posted by moder8 at 2017-11-13 11:53 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 9

#82 |

People who can count? Cool.

No wonder rwingers hate math... and science.

#86 | Posted by Corky at 2017-11-13 11:53 PM | Reply

People are telling us from every angle within Alabama that Moore is a known perv....

#83 | POSTED BY MODER8

That's the thing. It's not just the number of accusers, but it's the fact that their stories are corroborated by others. For them all to be lying, we are talking about quite a conspiracy all over a Senate seat in southern state?

Hoaxes abound but there is way too much there for me to dismiss this as a hoax. Also, due process has no role here. Nobody is calling for this guy to be tossed in the clink, especially given the statute of limitations on these actions.

That he likely can't ever be prosecuted and thus avoids any possibility of being found guilty in a court of law doesn't mean we should be dismissing all of this as a nothing burger.

This guy is unfit and if he can't be run off the ballot and he somehow manages to win, the Senate most vote to remove him.

#87 | Posted by JeffJ at 2017-11-14 12:00 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"What she didn't say, was that #metoo played a role in her coming forward. I believe it did, at least subconsciously, and that women are coming forward in droves right now will allegations of all sorts of abuse kind of puts the damper on Moore's defenders' cynicism toward her timing."

I'm sure #metoo did play a role. The woman who came forward today said she was inspired by the courage of the women who came forward in the WaPo article. We saw the same kind of thing in the Cosby case and in the Weinstein case as one by one more women came forward.

#88 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2017-11-14 12:07 AM | Reply

"Hoaxes abound but there is way too much there for me to dismiss this as a hoax."

So far we haven't heard anything about these women being paid or of some group that is responsible for getting them all to speak. Some will say the WaPo, but more people are speaking out now to other outlets about what they knew or heard back when Moore was hanging out at the mall and "dating" high school students.

#89 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2017-11-14 12:11 AM | Reply

As far as I can tell, WaPo used best journalism practices in reporting this story.

#90 | Posted by JeffJ at 2017-11-14 12:16 AM | Reply

If the Alabama GOP were smart they would replace Moore. A Republican is a shoo-in to win the election. Unless it is Moore.

#91 | Posted by moder8 at 2017-11-14 12:17 AM | Reply

If the Alabama GOP were smart they would replace Moore....
#89 | POSTED BY MODER8

What are their mechanisms for doing this?

#92 | Posted by JeffJ at 2017-11-14 12:28 AM | Reply

#85 | POSTED BY JEFFJ

The most newsworthy post I've read here in a long time.

My sentiments exactly.

#94 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2017-11-14 12:35 AM | Reply

"What are their mechanisms for doing this?

1. The governor could postpone the election.
2. Someone might convince RM to withdraw.

RM can't be forced out, although McConnell leading a vote saying they won't seat him might have an effect.

#95 | Posted by Danforth at 2017-11-14 12:38 AM | Reply

It's tough to know who to believe, Roy Moore or at this point literally hundreds of people.

I'm sure it's also comforting for the children of some people who post here that if they are ever sexually assaulted by a republican their parents will call them lying whores and vote for the republican anyway.

#96 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2017-11-14 04:16 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

I hope more elected republicans come forward and call for the women to be arrested and prosecuted.

That's a nice touch.

#97 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2017-11-14 05:31 AM | Reply

D'you think he'll do that?

#74 | POSTED BY DANFORTH AT 2017-11-13 11:14 PM | REPLY

Given Mitch McChinless' predisposition to put party over country every single damn time, I say that if Moorelester wins the election he will embrace him with a big welcome to the Grand Old Perverts hug.

#98 | Posted by 726 at 2017-11-14 07:19 AM | Reply

If the Alabama GOP were smart

It's Alabama. They make Florida look like PhD's.

#99 | Posted by 726 at 2017-11-14 07:20 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

#2 And he wasn't an incredible creep when he said transgender people have no rights? He wasn't a creep when refused to follow a Supreme Court order?

It takes a special type of con man to sell you a product that is invisible, costs you 10% of your gross income, that you can't see until after you die and is 100% tax free.

#101 | Posted by 726 at 2017-11-14 07:32 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

I don't think Roy Moore is going to quit. He's going to ride this one all the way into the ground.

... maybe not the best choice of words...

#102 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2017-11-14 07:38 AM | Reply

Since when is the standard for electing a senator "innocent until proven guilty"?

Roy Moore is entitled to that in a court. He isn't entitled to that in the court of public opinion. Voters can decide for themselves whether they want a man like Moore to be one of 100 U.S. senators after all of these reports of his predatory behavior against teen girls.

But you know this already.

If a guy like Moore showed up to date your 16-year-old daughter and you heard these things about him, would you go, "You're innocent until proven guilty, so you two have a good time tonight!" Hell no. You'd say, "Walk your ass back out of my house you skeevy, teen-chasing old creep before I put a boot in it."

#103 | Posted by rcade at 2017-11-14 07:40 AM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 4

I'm sure there was a wall of shame at the mall with Moore's picture on it.

#11 | POSTED BY TRUTHHURTS AT 2017-11-13 08:56 PM | REPLY | FLAG

I was in a adult store down in Orlando and at the end of each aisle there was a polaroid picture on the end cap of pictures of shoplifters. One featured a man who had received an epic beatdown with a note that he wasn't just caught shoplifting, but when approached by security, he took a swing at them. Dumbass.

#104 | Posted by 726 at 2017-11-14 07:46 AM | Reply

What are their mechanisms for doing this?

#92 | POSTED BY JEFFJ

there are none. he stays on the ballot (at this point), even if he dies or gets sent to prison.

It's Alabama. They make Florida look like PhD's.

#99 | POSTED BY 726

You are wrong about that. There are some extremely smart people here. There are just not a majority. We still live under the oppression of 'that old-timey religion', as far as the whole state goes. If we could saw the state in half at birmingham, the northern half would rival even the richest states in wealth and percentage of educated people. It would also probably be one of the states with the best job markets and future prospects. However, what you are saying was true 40 years ago. I'll tell you the same thing I tell the idiot republicans down here, 'Welcome to today'.

#105 | Posted by kudzu at 2017-11-14 07:48 AM | Reply

I am sure that the recent flood of accusers relating to Weinstein, Spacey, CK Louis had given her the stones to finally come forward. The difference here is that Moore is so beholden to his holier than thou identity he cannot admit what he has done. The bigger problem with the GOP is that while they are quick to throw stones at liberals for the same thing, they put their fingers in their ears when it comes to one of their own. Nothing made proved that perfectly when the evangelicals elected serial abuser Trump to POTUS. They have lost all credibility according to two corinthians.

#106 | Posted by 726 at 2017-11-14 07:50 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Roy Moore's favorite store at the mall:

twitter.com

#107 | Posted by rcade at 2017-11-14 07:52 AM | Reply | Funny: 2

There are some extremely smart people here.

There are extremely smart people everywhere. As a collective though, their support of a pedophile rapist tells me they are dumb. They were already stupid by voting for someone that would put the bible above the Constitution.

#108 | Posted by 726 at 2017-11-14 07:52 AM | Reply

#101 | POSTED BY RCADE

Lol. I'm not so sure about that. Boaz would probably say, 'Normally, I don't let her go out with gold-toothed rappers with 3 felonies, but I hear you are a republican, so y'all go have fun.'

IOW, it's all about which political party you belong.

#109 | Posted by kudzu at 2017-11-14 07:55 AM | Reply

Pedophile rapist? Has he been accused of rape? Pedophile, you don't know what that word means. Disclaimer: Around 40 years ago I actively pursued females of high school age and was once kicked out of a mall, though not banned. I will not be running for US Senate this year.

#110 | Posted by visitor_ at 2017-11-14 08:01 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

What bothers me about this Roy Moore crap is that there is a good man running on the Democratic ticket. His name is Doug Jones. en.wikipedia.org(attorney)

He has a pretty good resume of prosecuting extremists who show their political dissatisfaction with bombs and by killing innocent people.

Plus, the republicans have already shown that if he is elected, he will be expelled from (or not allowed to be seated in) the US Senate.

#111 | Posted by kudzu at 2017-11-14 08:07 AM | Reply

Roy Moore's favorite store at the mall:

twitter.com

Posted by rcade at 2017-11-14 07:52 AM | Reply

I miss the candy store at our mall. I used to buy gummy worms out the ass when I was young.

#112 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2017-11-14 08:15 AM | Reply

put the bible above the Constitution.

#106 | POSTED BY 726

This has been the whole problem with these religious folks all along. What's the purpose of being ultra religious if you don't believe your religion is the ultimate truth? IOW, it is more truth than the constitution.

What I don't understand is how it took the country over 200 years to realize that the constitution does not accept anyone's religion as a set of guiding principles.

#113 | Posted by kudzu at 2017-11-14 08:20 AM | Reply

Has he been accused of rape?

He was just accused of attempting to rape a 16-year-old. You couldn't possibly have missed that story since it was all over the news yesterday.

#114 | Posted by rcade at 2017-11-14 08:26 AM | Reply

"This thing you are talking about is exactly why I left the repub. party when Reagan was elected. This was when these religious people left the demo. party and switched over to the repub. party."

Let's be honest here, those "Christian" Democrats left the Democratic Party because the party embraced Civil Rights and those racists would not support such a party. The fact that you left the GOP at the time probably indicates you could not tolerate the willingness of that party to welcome avowed racists and to pander to them for the next 30-40 years. They are still pandering to them to this very day.

#115 | Posted by danni at 2017-11-14 08:29 AM | Reply

"Pedophile rapist? Has he been accused of rape? Pedophile, you don't know what that word means."

You can use all the semantic nonsense you want, the fact is he has been accused of attempted rape by a credible person. From your post you claim to have been a similar predator, God only knows why anyone would be proud of that.

#116 | Posted by danni at 2017-11-14 08:33 AM | Reply

#113 | POSTED BY DANNI

if i am being completely honest, my reasoning did INCLUDE the racists problem, but was primarily based on the 'bible is above the constitution' thing.

BTW, the people that cling to the most extreme right-wing views are still just as racist as they ever were.

#117 | Posted by kudzu at 2017-11-14 08:38 AM | Reply

I must have missed that he was actually accused of rape. There seem to be many accusations and I haven't seen any that used that word until now.

#118 | Posted by visitor_ at 2017-11-14 08:41 AM | Reply | Funny: 2 | Newsworthy 2

Minors can't consent. It's automatically rape.

#119 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2017-11-14 08:46 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Minors can't consent. It's automatically rape. unless it is done by a religious repub .

#119 | POSTED BY SITZKRIEG

FTFY

#120 | Posted by kudzu at 2017-11-14 08:52 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"Danni, semantics are important, rape and pedophilia are diminished when they are used to describe other forms of sexual assault and statutory offenses."

No Visitor, semantics are unimportant. Crimes agains minors are crimes against minors regardless of what term you use for it. Your desire to put semantics up as more important than crimes against minors tells us all that you are lacking in morals and on board with Judge Moore. I'm always honest about how I feel about things, quit trying to hide your feelings. You think it is ok that Judge Moore did these things with 14, 15, and 16 year old girls. Don't be embarrassed just own your perverted opinion.

#121 | Posted by danni at 2017-11-14 08:55 AM | Reply

I used to buy gummy worms out the ass when I was young.

#112 | POSTED BY LAURAMOHR

Bet they tasted like crap.

#122 | Posted by patron at 2017-11-14 08:55 AM | Reply | Funny: 6

#110 | POSTED BY LAURAMOHR

Come on... Phrasing?

That was a terrible mental image. Especially in a thread about a guy who molests underage kids.

#123 | Posted by gtbritishskull at 2017-11-14 08:58 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

Come on... Phrasing?

Posted by gtbritishskull at 2017-11-14 08:58 AM | Reply

Point taken.

#124 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2017-11-14 09:00 AM | Reply

Alabama takes the prize for most backward state in the Union AGAIN.

#125 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2017-11-14 09:06 AM | Reply

Just trying to get the ground rules here.

#126 | Posted by Bubba10 at 2017-11-14 09:09 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 4

Just trying to get the ground rules here.

#126 | POSTED BY BUBBA10

rule #1 - consider political party first.

rule #2 - consider religion next.

rule #3 - only get riled up if it is a democrat with no discernible protestant leanings.

#127 | Posted by kudzu at 2017-11-14 09:19 AM | Reply

#110 | POSTED BY VISITOR_ AT 2017-11-14 08:01 AM | FLAG: All righty then

#128 | Posted by cbob at 2017-11-14 09:22 AM | Reply

"Around 40 years ago I actively pursued females of high school age and was once kicked out of a mall, though not banned. I will not be running for US Senate this year.
#110 | POSTED BY VISITOR_

Ladies and gentlemen: kid rock!

#129 | Posted by Alexandrite at 2017-11-14 09:44 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

You are wrong about that. There are some extremely smart people here.

#105 | POSTED BY KUDZU AT 2017-11-14 07:48 AM

You are right. 37.1% Did not vote for republicans in the last election

#130 | Posted by hatter5183 at 2017-11-14 09:53 AM | Reply

Minors can't consent. It's automatically rape. - #119 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2017-11-14 08:46 AM

You are mistaken (MrSilenceDogood would call you a liar). The age of consent is
16 in Alabama, ergo minors can consent.

#131 | Posted by Avigdore at 2017-11-14 09:56 AM | Reply

The age of consent is 16 in Alabama, ergo minors can consent.

The age of consent defines when a minor is treated as an adult and can grant consent.

It doesn't mean all minors can consent.

Ergo, your logic is as creepy as an Alabama judge at the mall.

#132 | Posted by rcade at 2017-11-14 10:05 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

www.theatlantic.com

Roy Moore, the controversial GOP nominee for a U.S. Senate seat in Alabama, had sexual contact with a 14-year-old in the 1970s, and pursued two other teenaged girls, according to a bombshell Washington Post report published early Thursday afternoon.

Leigh Corfman told the Post that she met Moore, then a 32-year-old district attorney, outside a courtroom in Etowah County, Alabama. Moore obtained her phone number, then made arrangements to pick her up near her house a few days later. She said that on a first date, he kissed her. On a second encounter, she said, he took off her pants and shirt and his own clothes, touched her over her bra and underwear, and guided her hand to touch his penis over his underwear.

MY WORDS FOLLOW

He was a district attorney therefore he was a person in authority therefore age of consent isn't a valid excuse.

#133 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2017-11-14 10:09 AM | Reply

(MrSilenceDogood would call you a liar).

#131 | POSTED BY AVIGDORE AT

It's funny when a liar gets all red when they get called a liar.

#134 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2017-11-14 10:16 AM | Reply

So, if the age of consent in Alabama is 16 then I guess the neanderthals among us think it would have been perfectly ok for a 32 year old man to proposition a 16 yeare old. Y'all's pathetic defense of Roy Moore reveals so much about your lack of character. I'd ditch Moore were I you, save your own reputation, don't let him drag you down into the swamp with him.

#135 | Posted by danni at 2017-11-14 10:30 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

"There are some extremely smart people here. There are just not a majority." - #105 | Posted by kudzu at 2017-11-14 07:48 AM

Reminds me...

During one of his presidential campaigns, a woman yelled out to Adlai Stevenson, "Senator, you have the vote of every thinking person!" The Senator responded, "That's not enough, madam, we need a majority!"

#136 | Posted by Hans at 2017-11-14 10:34 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

'perfectly ok for a 32 year old man to proposition a 16 year old', legally yes but morally not. He has been accused of more than propositioning. Touching, grabbing, restraining are not legal or moral at any age.

#137 | Posted by visitor_ at 2017-11-14 10:37 AM | Reply

Where is Chris Hansen when you need him?

#138 | Posted by Odbrochound at 2017-11-14 10:38 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

"I guess Anthony Wiener in jail for texting an underage girl is OK with Republicans. But putting a little girls hand on your erect penis is OK with them. Forcibly restraining a girl and feeling her breasts and putting her head to your crotch is OK with them.
Just trying to get the ground rules here."

Uh, there was a trial, with evidence, in a courtroom with real lawyers.

#139 | Posted by visitor_ at 2017-11-14 10:41 AM | Reply | Funny: 2 | Newsworthy 2

It is laughable that right wingers defending Moore want to apply the CRIMINAL standard of proof beyond reasonable doubt in justifying Moore's continued campaigned for elected office. Hint: When it comes to being given the honor of being elected senator the standard of acceptable behavior should be something far far lower than proof beyond reasonable doubt of criminal pervy behavior. For a normal, decent human being that standard is along the lines of having lived a moral, upstanding life and helped your fellow American.

#140 | Posted by moder8 at 2017-11-14 11:28 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 5

Your standard of more likely than not seems reasonable. Hopefully someone will document this moment and you live up to it too.

#141 | Posted by visitor_ at 2017-11-14 11:39 AM | Reply

@#140 ... apply the CRIMINAL standard of proof beyond reasonable doubt in justifying Moore's continued campaigned for elected office. ...

I agree with the general sentiment of your comment.

This is about an election, a political event, not a judicial trial event. It is about the severity of the optics of the events. Given that Mr Moore's denials (the ones I heard and read) were evasive at best, at this point I hold the opinion that there's a good probability of some fire behind all this smoke.

But it is the severity of the optics of the situation. Even Sen McConnell has said he believes what the women have said over what Mr Moore has said. Let that sink in a bit. .... .... ....

Sen McConnell, who, imo, has a vacuous hole where his heart should be, dropped Mr Moore. Sen McConnell, the political whisperer, dropped Mr Moore.

To me that means that Sen McConnell looked at the severity of the optics of the situation and calculated that the political fallout of Mr Moore in the Senate would not be good.

#142 | Posted by LampLighter at 2017-11-14 11:51 AM | Reply

Uh, there was a trial, with evidence, in a courtroom with real lawyers.

People were condemning Weiner for his skeevy actions long before the trial. He was blasted by his own side as well as Republicans, forcing him to resign from Congress.

Republicans should do the same regarding Moore.

#143 | Posted by rcade at 2017-11-14 12:02 PM | Reply

I pronounce Moore guilty of being skeevy using the standard of more likely than not.

#144 | Posted by visitor_ at 2017-11-14 12:12 PM | Reply

"NO one up until this point has been able to even give any evidence past innuendo and accusations. We here in the U.S. don't convict like that....
#15 | POSTED BY BOAZ"

Ah, Boaz. You really should know better than to play Amateur Lawyer on this site. It almost never goes well.

Here, you are just plain wrong. People get convicted every day based on accusations. You need evidence to convict someone, and testimony is evidence. As to your other thought, that you won't believe any of this until Moore is charged, that ain't gonna happen. There is something called a statute of limitations on charges like these, and it ran decades ago. Moore cannot be charged for the kid diddling that he clearly perpetrated on these children.

Stick to things you know something about, like toe cheese-sniffing.

#145 | Posted by mOntecOre at 2017-11-14 12:13 PM | Reply

#59 | POSTED BY BOAZ:

"He was young."
He was 32, and she was 14. You are creepy.

"I think that we need to step from the ledge of where every woman is trying to think of a time when a man whistled at her or winked and 30 years later she needs to speak up."
Diddling a 14 year old through her panties and forcing her to touch your junk through your tight-whites is not equivalent to "whistling" or "winking" at a woman.

You need help. Start by refraining from whistling and winking at women, and work up from there.

#146 | Posted by mOntecOre at 2017-11-14 12:20 PM | Reply

I wish this pervey issue was not an issue. I wish people would be upset that the evil judge was removed from his judgeship twice by his own peers.

I wish people would see that he is hostile to the principles upon which America was founded.

But, since no one cares about that stuff ... a nod is as good as a wink to a blind horse....

#147 | Posted by kudzu at 2017-11-14 12:22 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#15 | POSTED BY BOAZ AT 2017-11-13 09:13 PM | FLAG:

Why that is exactly what you were saying about Hillary last year.

#148 | Posted by 726 at 2017-11-14 12:26 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

"Uh, there was a trial, with evidence, in a courtroom with real lawyers."

He resigned from Congress long before any trial but do keep posting your defenses for the perve Moore. I want you to earn enough to feed your family.

#149 | Posted by danni at 2017-11-14 12:28 PM | Reply

The age of consent is 16 in Alabama, ergo minors can consent.

A) It still makes 32 year olds sexually assaulting a 16 year old pervy.

B) Sexual assault no matter what the age is is still illegal.

c) It doesn't excuse him from sexually assaulting a 14 year old.

#150 | Posted by 726 at 2017-11-14 12:32 PM | Reply

The arguments against Moore would go a lot further if his accusers had photographic evidence like in Wiener's case. Having a funny name didn't help.

#151 | Posted by visitor_ at 2017-11-14 12:37 PM | Reply

I think I have changed my mind about Moore who has been asked to leave the race by Mitch McConnell and other top Republicans. The hypocrisy is just to much, these holier than thou Senators are planning on cutting 1.5 trillion dollars from Medicaid and Medicare, giving the richest people in the nation huge tax cuts and eliminate deductions for people like truck drivers, etc. Nah, Moore's sins are awful but no where near as awful as the plans the Republicans have for you and me, I would laugh in the face of any Republican who actually has the nerve to call themself a Christian.

#152 | Posted by danni at 2017-11-14 12:38 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I think he probably did target young women. He was young.

He was deputy district attorney, he of ALL people should have known the legality of forcibly sexually assaulting a woman whatever her age. He knew how the system worked or else he would not have made the threat of "you're a child and I am a deputy district attorney, no one will ever believe you" to her.

Pure scum.

His life past then is still scum except now he wraps himself in the bible to excuse his bigotry and hate.

He needs to retire from public life once and for all.

#153 | Posted by 726 at 2017-11-14 12:39 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#152 is right. The rest of the GOP with their pandering to the 1% at the expense of everyone else in America is just a lighter shade of GOP evil. They all seek to push anyone not in their club down to the gutter for their benefit alone. Greed and corruption is their stock in trade and they see the opportunity to kill the safety net that keeps this nation from plunging into poverty. They don't care. They want to kick the poor off health care. They want to stop helping the poor and elderly eat, heat their homes or afford to live. Just about every single one of them have become millionaires while pretending to serve this nation when in reality they are serving no one but themselves.

Piece of ---- Chris Collins summed it up last week when he spoke the truth that his 1% donors are promising to cut him off from donations if they don't get a massive tax cut that will make income and wealth inequality in this nation explode.

#154 | Posted by 726 at 2017-11-14 12:44 PM | Reply

This is one of the worst Hypocritical people from White House, Mr T can be in white house after all his Playboy stuff, but they say it is not good for Moore to stand in Election....

#155 | Posted by material07310 at 2017-11-14 12:59 PM | Reply

BOAZ is onto something here:
If Obama did not have to release his final exams from ECON 2301, why does Trump have to release his tax returns?
#BoazLogic

#156 | Posted by e1g1 at 2017-11-14 01:25 PM | Reply

#15 | POSTED BY BOAZ AT 2017-11-13 09:13 PM | FLAG:

LOL! While you were chanting "lock her up" the last year, right?

#157 | Posted by e1g1 at 2017-11-14 01:26 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

had photographic evidence like in Wiener's case.

It's not like we had audio evidence of him admitting to sexual assault, but yeah dick pics are useless unless you have a dick pic.

#158 | Posted by 726 at 2017-11-14 01:28 PM | Reply

Damn banned from the mall?

He was pedo for a long time.

#159 | Posted by fresno500 at 2017-11-14 01:45 PM | Reply

How many yearbooks have you signed since high school?

#160 | Posted by lee_the_agent at 2017-11-14 01:51 PM | Reply

This should be merged with the Clinton blog on the back page. Reading them side by side is a hoot.

#161 | Posted by visitor_ at 2017-11-14 02:03 PM | Reply

Well, at least the ol' judge has the support of those 50 pastors!

[door opens; messenger appears with a breaking news article saying the pastors' letter appears to be a fake.]

All right, well, I take that back. At least the man's wife supports him!

As far as I know.

#162 | Posted by cbob at 2017-11-14 02:06 PM | Reply

#54 | Posted by boaz

Just curious what your Bill Clinton position has been until this point? Heck, you position on anything Clinton for that matter - Bill or Hillary.

I for one believed the women on Bill. I didn't vote for him either time. And I still believe them today. Sure false allegations pop up from time to time - they 100% absolutely due. The thing is there is a pattern here - just like Weinstein, Cosby, Epstein, Trump...

#163 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2017-11-14 02:06 PM | Reply

Wow - don't shoot me for spelling and punctuation on that...

#164 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2017-11-14 02:07 PM | Reply

LOL! While you were chanting "lock her up" the last year, right?

#157 | Posted by e1g1

Last year?

The Trump cult is still chanting that at every revival meeting and spiritual gathering of the faithful. And then they begin "speaking in tongues" in some kind of strange language and shaking and dancing uncontrollably when Trump says to them their Savior's favorite words , "Build the Wall!" and "Crooked Hillary" or "Lock Her Up!".

Hell, the die hard believers even brought it up during the Jeff Sessions testimony in Congress today in another attempt to deflect from lil Jeffy's lies.

#165 | Posted by donnerboy at 2017-11-14 02:16 PM | Reply

It still makes 32 year olds sexually assaulting a 16 year old pervy.

Moore chasing 16-year-olds as a 32-year-old grown-ass man at the mall is pervy even if they willingly dated him. The assaults just make it worse. A man like that should not be in the Senate.

#166 | Posted by rcade at 2017-11-14 02:25 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

They set the age of consent in some states at 16 in order to protect high school seniors dating individuals a couple years younger than them, not to provide permission to 32 year old perverts (who can't find a date of their own age) to date 16 year olds.

In fact, California's age of consent law is a little dicey. The statutory rape CAN be applied to an 18 year old having relations with a 16 year old, but only if the parents file the complaint. IIRC, parents don't need to file a complaint if it's a 32 year old.

Just sayin' the whole "age of consent" argument is flimsy at best and should ONLY be used by Moore apologists.

#167 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2017-11-14 02:58 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 4

He has 2 accusations against him for criminal sexual conduct with a minor.

As for being in his early 30's with a 16-18 year old....I have a cousin who got involved in a very serious relationship with a 30-year old man when she was 18. The relationship lasted for a few years. They broke up about 10-15 years ago. I don't remember the circumstances. One thing I can tell you, her boyfriend was not a creepy skeevy.

#168 | Posted by JeffJ at 2017-11-14 03:27 PM | Reply

And this would be immediately followed by my wondering how I suddenly have a 16 year old daughter.

#169 | Posted by RevDarko at 2017-11-14 04:26 PM | Reply

#169 | Posted by RevDarko

I think maybe I can explain to you how that happened.

But, you are going to have to first believe in the unlimited power of my Almighty God who can work outside of the boundaries of Space and Time, and of course, the Virgin Birth of a 16 year old child.

But, my God is an awesome God. He could do it!

#170 | Posted by donnerboy at 2017-11-14 05:24 PM | Reply

"One thing I can tell you, her boyfriend was not a creepy skeevy.
#168 | POSTED BY JEFFJ"

In what sense? And what is your basis of knowledge?

#171 | Posted by mOntecOre at 2017-11-14 05:50 PM | Reply

What I'm getting from some is that the statutory age limits are arbitrary and that it is the age and power differential that makes Moore's actions skeevy. In that case a 22 year old unpaid intern and a 49 year old leader of the free world may also be considered skeevy.

#172 | Posted by visitor_ at 2017-11-14 06:31 PM | Reply

#172 | POSTED BY VISITOR_

Less skeevy than a 49 year old leader of the free world hooking up with a teenager, but YES! Skeevy nonetheless.

Is that what you're searching for here? Admission from someone, ANYONE to admit Bill Clinton was skeevy? If I admit to that, will you drop it as a deflection?

Here's to the hopes you do: Bill Clinton is SKEEEEEEEVY!

#173 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2017-11-14 06:37 PM | Reply

One thing I can tell you, her boyfriend was not a creepy skeevy.
#168 | POSTED BY JEFFJ

What in the hell did they have in common?

#174 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2017-11-14 06:54 PM | Reply

They had one thing in common, they were good in bed.
They lived life in the fast lane.

#175 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2017-11-14 07:00 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

"my wondering how I suddenly have a 16 year old daughter."

Letting The Days Go By.

#176 | Posted by Danforth at 2017-11-14 07:05 PM | Reply

"One thing I can tell you, her boyfriend was not a creepy skeevy.
#168 | POSTED BY JEFFJ"
In what sense? And what is your basis of knowledge?

#171 | POSTED BY MONTECORE

Their relationship lasted multiple years. At family events her siblings and parents seemed to genuinely accept him. Other reasons as well....One of my wife's dad's best friends married, had kids, got divorced and remarried a woman a couple of years younger than me. They have 2 children who are younger than my kids. He's a great guy and she's a wonderful woman. The age disparity is 26 years. Let's take the brother of my oldest friend (just had a couple of beers with him last week - we've been friends since his parents moved in one house over from my parents the summer leading into 3rd grade). His brother (3 years older than us) got married young and had kids early. They both cheated on each other and after 20 years of marriage got a divorce. He is now with a woman who was 19 at the time, when he was 43. He likes them young. His first wife was 15 when he was 19 when they first started dating.

Anecdotal? Of course. The argument is that I think it's counter-productive to focus on the 3 women who allege a dating relationship with him when they were past the age of consent.

If it hadn't been for the other 2 women (so far) alleging far worse, I might have defended him were the "accusations" limited to 3 teen women who were of the age of consent and who had the experiences they had - nothing out of the ordinary on a date.

#177 | Posted by JeffJ at 2017-11-14 09:40 PM | Reply

One thing I can tell you, her boyfriend was not a creepy skeevy.
#168 | POSTED BY JEFFJ
What in the hell did they have in common?

#174 | POSTED BY RSTYBEACH11

Given the duration and strength of their relationship, they loved each other.

Don't get me wrong - it's a question I asked myself when they first started dating. High School - to - 30 is a HUGE jump. I always wondered how that worked when they socialized with her friends.

#178 | Posted by JeffJ at 2017-11-14 09:43 PM | Reply

That's what I was thinking. Probably why it petered out, I'd imagine.

#179 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2017-11-14 11:33 PM | Reply

"He likes them young."

In what sense? The physical sense (who doesnt????!!!!) or the mental/personality sense? If the latter, I'd imagine it has everything to do, actually, with the former. What middle aged male would be thoroughly attracted to everything millennial except for those trying to get into millenials' pants (and homosexual men)?

#180 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2017-11-14 11:38 PM | Reply

"Given the duration and strength of their relationship, they loved each other."

Hey Jeff I wrote this joke just for you.

Q. What's Bill Cosbys favorite Woody Allen film?

A. Sleeper.

#181 | Posted by snoofy at 2017-11-15 12:39 AM | Reply | Funny: 2

It's perfectly normal for 30 year old dudes to try hump teenagers.

#168 | POSTED BY JEFFJ AT

I'm glad to see the republicans are standing by their man.

#182 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2017-11-15 06:07 AM | Reply

One thing I can tell you, her boyfriend was not a creepy skeevy.

Was your cousin trolling the malls for multiple 16-year-olds until he was banned? Did he have a local position of legal authority? Did he offer to look after a girl while her mother was in custody court?

Making this just about age is misleading.

If I knew a 32-year-old who was aggressively pursuing high school girls, I'd think it was completely skeevy. If I knew a male who had one relationship at 30 with one female at 18 and it didn't start because he only pursued people of that age, I might view it differently.

#183 | Posted by rcade at 2017-11-15 08:06 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Posted by rcade at 2017-11-15 08:06 AM | Reply

While a District Attorney no less. That's even worse.

#184 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2017-11-15 08:08 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Posted by visitor_ at 2017-11-15 08:32 AM | Reply

What a partisan hack.

#186 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2017-11-15 08:33 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

While a District Attorney no less. That's even worse.

True. He had power over people when he was pursuing teens. If he pursued some of them when they were at court, the direct link to his authority is obvious.

Many states have made it a crime for a high school teacher to date a student even when the student is 18. It's deemed highly inappropriate because the teacher is in a position of authority.

#187 | Posted by rcade at 2017-11-15 09:29 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#140 | POSTED BY MODER8

Hilarious, coming from a Public Defender.

Give it up for M8, folks!

#188 | Posted by DixvilleNotch at 2017-11-15 02:13 PM | Reply

Q. What's Bill Cosbys favorite Woody Allen film?
A. Sleeper.

#181 | POSTED BY SNOOFY

Good one, Snoofy.

#189 | Posted by DixvilleNotch at 2017-11-15 02:37 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Hilarious, coming from a Public Defender.

This is such an ------- comment. ---- you for disrespecting public defenders. Where do you think the Bill of Rights protections for the criminally accused come from when someone has no money? Public defenders. Our justice system would offer no justice at all without attorneys willing to provide a strong defense for everyone, no matter how guilty the public believes them to be, and no matter how poor they are.

If you were broke and accused of a serious crime, a public defender would be the only thing keeping your ass out of prison. And here you are disrespecting the profession just to bash a public defender. Moder8's a hero for doing that job. You should be praising him.

In conclusion, ---- you and the horse you rode in on.

#190 | Posted by rcade at 2017-11-15 02:55 PM | Reply

^ what he said

#191 | Posted by deadseasquirrel at 2017-11-15 04:24 PM | Reply

I think he was joking, Rcade.

What do you call 50 dead lawyers at the bottom of the ocean?

A good start.

#192 | Posted by JeffJ at 2017-11-15 04:32 PM | Reply

'Notch would never joke. As a Jedi, he has the deepest commitment, a most serious mind. This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away...to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing. Adventure. Heh! Excitement. Heh! A Jedi craves not these things.

#193 | Posted by madscientist at 2017-11-15 05:31 PM | Reply

In conclusion, ---- you and the horse you rode in on.

#190 | POSTED BY RCADE

I'd praise him if he suggested we examine the evidence as it comes available in the course of one's strong defense. You know, the standard he supports for pervy (D) Senator Menendez.

#194 | Posted by DixvilleNotch at 2017-11-15 07:43 PM | Reply

Pardon me a moment -- I only brought a step ladder with me this afternoon.

I'll be back presently with a scaffold to ---- all y'all's high horses.

#195 | Posted by DixvilleNotch at 2017-11-15 07:44 PM | Reply

I think he was joking, Rcade.

#194 shows he wasn't.

#196 | Posted by rcade at 2017-11-15 07:44 PM | Reply

s/b from which

"...from which to ---- all..."

Again, pardon me.

youtu.be

#197 | Posted by DixvilleNotch at 2017-11-15 07:52 PM | Reply

RCade, perhaps you won't mind if I surf about and look over your place?

I seem to be spoiling everybody's cigars and brandy -- and dreams of victory.

#198 | Posted by DixvilleNotch at 2017-11-15 07:56 PM | Reply

I think he was joking, Rcade.

Why are you always defending pedophiles, Jeff?

#199 | Posted by ClownShack at 2017-11-15 08:09 PM | Reply

I seem to be spoiling everybody's cigars and brandy -- and dreams of victory.

Then do everyone a favor and wear a paper bag over your head.

#200 | Posted by ClownShack at 2017-11-15 08:10 PM | Reply

More more Moore...

Two more lying liars from the local mall have stepped forward to hurl accusations at Little Lord FondleRoy.

www.al.com

#201 | Posted by cbob at 2017-11-15 08:51 PM | Reply

How many of you personally know someone who has been banned from a mall?

#202 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2017-11-16 08:42 AM | Reply