Sunday, November 12, 2017

There was not a trace of ramen, sushi or tempura on President Trump's plate at a casual lunch with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe on Sunday. The billionaire property developer instead relished in eating a hamburger sourced from American beef during his first trip to Japan as President. ... President Trump's weakness for burgers and well-done steak has been well-documented as he has chosen to divulge his culinary tastes on various social media platforms. This has included eating a bucket of Kentucky Fried Chicken while reading The Wall Street Journal and indulging in a McDonald's burger and fries to celebrate winning the Republican presidential nomination.

Comments

Good for him. It would be sad if he were pretending to be something he's not on a state visit.

#1 | Posted by REDIAL at 2017-11-12 03:54 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Remember George Bush Sr throwing up on the --- PM's lap?

Those reptilians can't stand Japanese food. The prefer American Babies. Where do you think the Planned Parenthood leftovers go?

Dammn that would be a great sci fi movie like "They Live" only more political.

#2 | Posted by Pegasus at 2017-11-12 09:25 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

I agree with Trump, I have had cuisines all over the world on five continents and my least favorite is Japanese. Too much rice, not enough meat, very little spice or veggies. To each his own, but I enjoy Korean much more.

#3 | Posted by docnjo at 2017-11-13 01:07 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

So what? Why is this news, let alone front page news?

#4 | Posted by jpw at 2017-11-13 01:58 AM | Reply

he's an oaf.

#5 | Posted by ichiro at 2017-11-13 02:08 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"I agree with Trump...

Now there's breaking news.

#6 | Posted by REDIAL at 2017-11-13 07:02 AM | Reply

And I still don't like the damn Yankee. I think he is vain, bombastic, and rude. But I doubt he is stupid. As far as being unqualified for office, I remember a young man who had never ran anything in his life and had seldom got a paycheck that wasn't issued by the government. He held office for 8 years.

#7 | Posted by docnjo at 2017-11-13 10:50 AM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

Japanese food is delicious. Especially sushi, sashimi, miso soup, and tempura vegetables. It's one of the few cuisines that you can dine out on and not feel like a bloated narwhal afterward. Saké sucks, though.

#8 | Posted by madscientist at 2017-11-13 11:34 AM | Reply

"Especially sushi, sashimi, miso soup, and tempura vegetables." - #8 | Posted by madscientist at 2017-11-13 11:34 AM

Why does Jesus always go to a Japanese restaurant when he's in town?

Because Jesus loves miso.

#9 | Posted by Hans at 2017-11-13 11:41 AM | Reply | Funny: 2

I love Japanese food, or at least what they serve at Japanese restaurants in the US.

I don't like the hibachi table though...it's always ----------- sitting around the tables. Plus I get violently angry when simpletons can't catch the food flipped at them...

#10 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2017-11-13 12:46 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Sure. Just goes to prove we have a mental 8 year old running the country.

#11 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2017-11-13 01:22 PM | Reply

#3 | Posted by docnjo

He's not just doing this in japan. He's demanding his regular food be served to him in all countries.

Like a baby.

#12 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2017-11-13 01:23 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

If he had condescended to try Kobe beef he would have demanded ketchup on it.

#13 | Posted by grumpy_too at 2017-11-13 03:06 PM | Reply

Why is this news, let alone front page news?

#4 | Posted by jpw

Because...Trump.

Nothing like being forced to eat food you don't like. Unlike vegan liberals, some people actually like to enjoy the food they eat.

I love Japanese Hibachi. Steak and Shrimp. I hate sushi. It's horrible. The only time a human should eat raw fish is after the apocalypse.

#14 | Posted by boaz at 2017-11-14 09:14 AM | Reply

Posted by boaz at 2017-11-14 09:14 AM | Reply

Common decency demands you eat what they serve you. You are a guest in their house.

#15 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2017-11-14 09:21 AM | Reply

He wasn't a guest in someone's home. He's obviously has no intellectual curiosity at all but his eating habits are really his own business.

#16 | Posted by Sully at 2017-11-14 09:36 AM | Reply

"Nothing like being forced to eat food you don't like. Unlike vegan liberals, some people actually like to enjoy the food they eat"

The Trump sycophants are getting progressively more vile.

Anyone else notice this trend?

#17 | Posted by ChiefTutMoses at 2017-11-14 09:52 AM | Reply

The Trump sycophants are getting progressively more vile. Anyone else notice this trend? - #17 | Posted by ChiefTutMoses at 2017-11-14 09:52 AM

You're commenting in entry based on an article that thought it was newsworthy to comment on what someone ate when given the option. Hell, we don't even know that it WAS his option: '"I welcome President Donald J Trump most wholeheartedly on his visit to Japan! We're getting down to business right away over hamburgers for our working lunch," said a message on the Facebook page of the Japanese prime minister's office.' Perhaps the very courteous people there, knowing his tastes, were good hosts and catered to them.

I think you forgot 'and detractors' in between 'sycophants' and 'are'.

#18 | Posted by Avigdore at 2017-11-14 10:23 AM | Reply

"You're commenting in entry based on an article"

I have no idea what is being communicated in the above gibberish. you should call the troll farm tutor.

#19 | Posted by ChiefTutMoses at 2017-11-14 10:31 AM | Reply

#19,

It's the fact that you thought me saying that some people eat to enjoy it was a vile comment.

I've noticed the trend that any point of view that isn't like yours, you try to label it "vile" or "evil" or something like that.

Basically, you suck.

#20 | Posted by boaz at 2017-11-14 10:38 AM | Reply

"It's the fact that you thought me saying that some people eat to enjoy it was a vile comment"

that isn't what you wrote and you know it
lame

but to your point
A) Hibachi here in the states is disgusting
B) I wouldn't associate "conservatives" with Hibachi just because its tasteless and soaked in soy source
C) In general Trumps, most cultists followers are getting more and more vile here on the DR, and out in Public.
The evidence is clear in the number of your posts being deleted as of late.
Vile

#21 | Posted by ChiefTutMoses at 2017-11-14 10:51 AM | Reply

#21,

Whatever. Most of the time, it's liberals such as yourself being vile with me. Most don't want to debate, they only want to get "zingers" in.
Hibachi is awesome.

And my comments are usually deleted because they make sense and destroy the liberal narrative.

#22 | Posted by boaz at 2017-11-14 01:10 PM | Reply | Funny: 3

#22 | POSTED BY BOAZ

They may make sense, but they're still usually baseless and unfactual.

#23 | Posted by IndianaJones at 2017-11-14 01:21 PM | Reply

#22 | Posted by boaz

Which is exactly what a crazy hateful person in denial would say.

I bet Rcade has a completely different version of reality.

#24 | Posted by donnerboy at 2017-11-14 05:19 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2