Sunday, November 12, 2017

It was 3.12 pm on Saturday 28 October when Donald Trump, after a round of golf, departed the Trump National Golf Club in Sterling, northern Virginia. His motorcade, which included the Guardian and other journalists, overtook a female cyclist wearing a white top and cycling helmet, who responded by raising the middle finger of her left hand. The fleet of vehicles swept on imperiously on but then slowed for a red light, and the cyclist caught up. She persisted. She flipped the bird a second time before turning right as the motorcade turned left. A photo of her act of defiance took off on social media. The Washington Post called it "the middle-finger salute seen around the world."

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

"It's not something I do a lot," she mused. "It was just sort of like, here I am on my bike. I've got nothing, right? This is pretty much the only thing I had to express my opinion. He wasn't going to hear me through bullet-proof glass ... So that was pretty much how I could say what I wanted to say, right?" ...

Her view of the Trump presidency is scathing. "Horrible," she said. "I'm embarrassed. Some people have said you should respect the office even if you don't respect the person. I'm like: I'm sorry, he does not respect the office. If he respected the office and he was serving honorably, despite my political differences, I can respect the office. I respected the office when Bush and Bush and Reagan were in there.

"It's politics by Twitter, it's policy by Twitter," she said of Trump's penchant for the social media platform. "That's not presidential to me."

Comments

She should be hailed as an American Hero for flipping off a treasonous traitor to this country!
All patriotic Americans should do what she did!

#1 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2017-11-12 01:49 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

This woman rules.

#2 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2017-11-12 06:26 PM | Reply

Funny...I don't see the Conservatives on here standing up for her First Amendment rights like they usually do when a Conservative does something far worse.

#3 | Posted by Sycophant at 2017-11-13 11:44 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

This broad is a bag.
First clue? The bike.
Second clue? The helmet.

The motorcade should have pulled a u turn and rolled coal on her.

I'm glad she got canned.

(Actually I hate that people get fired for stuff like this. There's a guy in the Buffalo paper with his picture plastered everywhere because he streaked at the Bills game. If he has a job, he won't for long)

#4 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2017-11-13 12:22 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#4 | POSTED BY 101CHAIRBORNE

Streaking at a game is for attention-desperate losers; flipping trump the bird is awesome. I'm glad she has received thousands of job offers as a result of her patriotic gesture.

#5 | Posted by IndianaJones at 2017-11-13 12:31 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

So don't get mad when someone flips off Obama or another liberal darling..

And you wonder where the coarseness of our conversation comes from..

#6 | Posted by boaz at 2017-11-13 01:59 PM | Reply

"So don't get mad when someone flips off Obama or another liberal darling."

Says the guy who gets mad when NFL players take a knee during the national anthem. Because he perceives it as flipping off his darlings in uniform.

If you have any consistent standards in life, other than Republicans are the best and Democrats are ----- heads, please let us know what they are.

#7 | Posted by snoofy at 2017-11-13 02:10 PM | Reply

You don't tug on Superman's cape.
Don't spit into the wind.
Don't pull the mask off the ol' Lone Ranger
You get the point....

#8 | Posted by hoser at 2017-11-13 03:51 PM | Reply

You don't tug on Superman's cape.
Don't spit into the wind.
Don't pull the mask off the ol' Lone Ranger
You get the point....

#9 | Posted by hoser at 2017-11-13 03:51 PM | Reply

So don't get mad when someone flips off Obama or another liberal darling..

#6 | POSTED BY BOAZ

Seriously? They did far worse to Obama and liberals didn't get mad...until it got far far worse.

Also, they FIRED her for flipping off Trump. So why shouldn't liberals get mad if people flip off a Democrat president after this precedent?

#10 | Posted by Sycophant at 2017-11-13 05:52 PM | Reply

So don't get mad when someone flips off Obama or another liberal darling..
And you wonder where the coarseness of our conversation comes from..
#6 | POSTED BY BOAZ

If Obama was a serial child molester, hit on his own daughter, praised nazism, and put ketchup on steak he intentionally burns, then yes; I would appreciate everyone flipping him the bird.

Boaz, have you ever tried not hating the United States and not being a partisan hack?

#11 | Posted by IndianaJones at 2017-11-13 06:05 PM | Reply

And you wonder where the coarseness of our conversation comes from..

#6 | Posted by boaz

YOU LIE!

See? We don't wonder at all.

#12 | Posted by donnerboy at 2017-11-13 06:10 PM | Reply