Sunday, November 12, 2017

Honey Nut is America's best-selling breakfast cereal, and by a comfortable margin. Roughly 151 million boxes and other containers of various sizes were sold over the past year, well ahead of the second best-selling breakfast cereal, Frosted Flakes, according to IRI, a Chicago based market research firm. ... Previously, I assumed Honey Nut Cheerios was a slightly sweeter Cheerios, but you learn things when you finally get around to reading the back of the box. It actually has about nine times as much sugar as plain Cheerios, per serving. An Environmental Working Group analysis of a number of popular cereals -- a report that linked sugary cereals to the "nation's childhood obesity epidemic" -- put Honey Nut Cheerios's sugar content second only to Fruity Pebbles.

Comments

Diabetes in a box. Each carton should be supplied with a prescription for Metformin, Glipizide, and/or Glyburide.

Glycemic Index of Breakfast Cereals

#1 | Posted by madscientist at 2017-11-12 10:57 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

I always liked Lucky Charms and Count Chocula when I was a kid.

I couldn't eat that crap now even if I wanted to.

#2 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2017-11-12 11:31 AM | Reply

If brains were gasoline

Some folks couldn't run a piss ant's go-cart twice around a Cheerio

#3 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2017-11-12 11:47 AM | Reply

The Invisible Hand wants your kids to have diabetes.

#4 | Posted by snoofy at 2017-11-12 11:58 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 5

#4 | POSTED BY SNOOFY

Don't worry, once all the children die of diabetes, the cereal company goes under and the free market has done its job.

#5 | Posted by IndianaJones at 2017-11-12 12:08 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

...once all the children die of diabetes...
_______________________________________________

Don't worry, we'll make more.

------ sapiens sapiens

#6 | Posted by madscientist at 2017-11-12 12:31 PM | Reply

we'll make more.
#6 | POSTED BY MADSCIENTIST

How? Everyone has diabetes induced ED because of the free market cereal. They should rename them Can't Nut Cheerios.

#7 | Posted by IndianaJones at 2017-11-12 12:59 PM | Reply | Funny: 4

It's not like the low nutritional value of cereal is some new idea.

Remember Calvin's favorite, Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bombs?

#9 | Posted by cbob at 2017-11-12 03:48 PM | Reply

Kids aren't going outside running anymore. That's why they are getting fat. We used to burn off the extra calories that cereal gave us. Don't blame the cereal, blame the liberal, nanny state, put your kids in bubble wrap society the liberals are creating.

#10 | Posted by boaz at 2017-11-12 09:19 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

And you know what I'm tired of? Everytime something comes out that popular, someone or something has to go looking for the worst thing they can imagine about it to try to bring everyone else down. If you wouldn't eat it, FINE. Don't tell me because I don't care..

#11 | Posted by boaz at 2017-11-12 09:20 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

"Don't blame the cereal, blame the liberal, nanny state"

For what? Requiring food makers to list their ingredients?!? For educating you???

Good God, man, you'll blame anything on liberals, to the point of derangement.

#12 | Posted by Danforth at 2017-11-12 09:24 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 7

#10 | POSTED BY BOAZ

Just when I thought Hell had frozen over and I was agreeing with Boaz, he goes and needlessly makes it a partisan issue when it really is generational.

#13 | Posted by IndianaJones at 2017-11-12 09:33 PM | Reply

I'm not outside running around anymore. That's why I'm fat. I used to burn off the extra calories. And I blame the liberal Drudge Retort because now all I do is tilt at windmills and bark at the moon.

Boaz

#14 | Posted by bruceaz at 2017-11-12 10:33 PM | Reply

Pssssssssssssssss Boaz. There's a gay liberal Muslim up under your bed. Wooooooooooooooooooooooo Boo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Be very afraid.

#15 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2017-11-12 10:45 PM | Reply

I want Boaz to tell me why, If liberal policies are the cause of obesity, The most obese cities are all in long time red states while the healthiest states are all in blue states.

wallethub.com

As usual Everything Boaz says can be refuted with a cursory google searc

#17 | Posted by hatter5183 at 2017-11-13 01:28 PM | Reply