Saturday, November 11, 2017

Louis CK: I want to address the stories told to the New York Times by five women named Abby, Rebecca, Dana, Julia who felt able to name themselves and one who did not. These stories are true. ... I have been remorseful of my actions. And I've tried to learn from them. And run from them. Now I'm aware of the extent of the impact of my actions. I learned yesterday the extent to which I left these women who admired me feeling badly about themselves and cautious around other men who would never have put them in that position. ... didn't think that I was doing any of that because my position allowed me not to think about it.

Comments

How dare he admit that he did what he did! Since when did the truth become so important?

#1 | Posted by kudzu at 2017-11-11 09:42 AM | Reply

?

#2 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2017-11-11 09:45 AM | Reply

He also asked permission for the incidents. If they said no, he didn't.

#3 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2017-11-11 09:48 AM | Reply

Since when did the truth become so important? - Kudzu

Since women came forward .... its really not hard to figure out ... Trump's Presidency has caused this.......

IMO They should shut Hollywood down until they can figure out what is going on ....

#4 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2017-11-11 09:55 AM | Reply

"I learned yesterday the extent to which...."

"...didn't think that I was doing any of that "

What a lame response. about as lame as Spacey.

#5 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2017-11-11 05:01 PM | Reply

What a lame response.

Beats donald's.

#6 | Posted by REDIAL at 2017-11-11 05:06 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

As public apologies go, he pretty much nailed this. He didn't ask for
any instant reward/acceptance of his apology. He said he pretty much deserves what is coming his way and set the stage for the real work
of figuring out how to make amends. He did not lay any reciprocal emotional burden of forgiveness at the feet of the people he abused.

The "just learned yesterday" line reads weekly assuming that he had to have been having some inner monologue on the subject since the Weinstein story. But overall, he didn't offer an excuse, he didn't try to claim any moral high ground for having apologized and he didn't offer it as a bargaining chip in the court of public opinion and most importantly he didn't ask anything of his accusers.

Most public apologies are PR shop piffle watered down by legal counsel approval. This one seemed to be sincere and not a childish barter for instant absolution.

#7 | Posted by leadbelly at 2017-11-12 11:01 AM | Reply

He said all the right things but the part where he claims that he didn't realize that suggesting he whip it out within ten minutes of meeting these women was bad behavior doesn't hold water. Did he try to pull that crap before he was famous and if so, what was the reaction?

#8 | Posted by Sully at 2017-11-12 12:49 PM | Reply