Saturday, November 11, 2017

Alabama GOP Senate candidate Roy Moore dropped by Sean Hannity's radio program Friday afternoon to respond to allegations that he'd pursued sexual encounters with four teenagers when he was in his 30s -- including one woman who said she was 14 when Moore approached her. And while he called the story "completely false and misleading," he said he "didn't dispute" that he used to date girls as young as 16. Hannity pressed Moore on whether he had dated girls in their teens when he was in 30s. "Not generally, no," the former judge said in response.

Comments

... "Not generally, no," the former judge said in response. ...

I have to wonder if Judge Moore would allow such an evasive response from a defendant in his courtroom?

#1 | Posted by LampLighter at 2017-11-11 10:57 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

"Not generally, no,"

Creepy.

#2 | Posted by Tor at 2017-11-11 11:17 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Where there's smoke, there's pervs.

#3 | Posted by cbob at 2017-11-11 11:25 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Scum, he must step down.

#4 | Posted by rightocenter at 2017-11-11 11:48 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

he must step down.

He won't.

Cause the Bible.

#5 | Posted by ClownShack at 2017-11-11 12:23 PM | Reply

I just want you all to know, I generally don't shoot up churches or country music concerts.

#6 | Posted by snoofy at 2017-11-11 12:24 PM | Reply

He won't.

Cause the Bible.

Posted by ClownShack at 2017-11-11 12:23 PM | Reply

Thou shall not lie. He's lying.

Damn another commandment shot all to hell.

#7 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2017-11-11 12:28 PM | Reply

@#5 ... Cause the Bible. ...

No group has shifted their position more dramatically than white evangelical Protestants. [In 2016] More than seven in ten (72%) white evangelical Protestants say an elected official can behave ethically even if they have committed transgressions in their personal life -- a 42-point jump from 2011, when only 30 % of white evangelical Protestants said the same.

www.prri.org

#8 | Posted by LampLighter at 2017-11-11 12:33 PM | Reply

"white evangelical Protestants."

Can we please just call them Southern Baptists?

#9 | Posted by snoofy at 2017-11-11 12:36 PM | Reply

"white evangelical Protestants."
Can we please just call them Southern Baptists?

#9 | POSTED BY SNOOFY

No. They are not confined to the South. Like a cancer, they have metastasized to nation wide.

#10 | Posted by oldwhiskeysour at 2017-11-11 01:13 PM | Reply

@#9 ... Can we please just call them Southern Baptists? ...

"Southern Baptist" is not the same demographic. The Southern Baptist demographic includes non-whites (10-15%)

www.pewforum.org

#11 | Posted by LampLighter at 2017-11-11 01:22 PM | Reply

I'm not a fan of the SBC but it has produced leaders who have insights.

The evangelicals are like a mindless cancer.

#12 | Posted by Tor at 2017-11-11 01:58 PM | Reply

I like to refer to those people as the "religiously insane".
They need to be locked up in a rubber room with a straight jacket.

#13 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2017-11-11 03:22 PM | Reply

When did so much of American Christianity get mean and stupid?

It wasn't the 30's Churches fought to keep people from starving.

It wasn't the 40's they were nearly all of aid during WWII.

And in the 50's everyone admired science then even if they didn't get it.

Was it the 60's?

Did Russia cause this during the cold war?

#14 | Posted by Tor at 2017-11-11 03:43 PM | Reply

Former Moore colleague: 'Common knowledge' that he dated high school girls

thehill.com

#15 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2017-11-11 05:19 PM | Reply

How many junior proms did Moore attend while in his 30s?

#16 | Posted by reinheitsgebot at 2017-11-11 05:30 PM | Reply

Let's call Roy Moore what he is: a predator.

#17 | Posted by Alexandrite at 2017-11-11 05:49 PM | Reply

At 41 after my divorce I dated a 19 y/o for about 7 months - does that count?

#18 | Posted by MSgt at 2017-11-12 03:10 AM | Reply

Don't put all the blame on the older male. It's a well established fact that young harlots and temptresses have a thing for sagging flesh and wrinkled ------- that are frequently attached to fat wallets and power. I used her she used me, neither one cared as the song goes.

#19 | Posted by visitor_ at 2017-11-12 10:24 AM | Reply

"At 41 after my divorce I dated a 19 y/o for about 7 months - does that count?"

It's considered bad form, but it's not actually illegal.

#20 | Posted by snoofy at 2017-11-12 12:04 PM | Reply

At 41 after my divorce I dated a 19 y/o for about 7 months - does that count?

#18 | POSTED BY MSGT

Was she in high school?

I don't think the big problem is the dating of legal age girls who are much younger than him (though molesting an underage 14 year old IS a problem). The problem is that he then ran on a platform of morality (ten commandments, gay bashing, etc), when dating girls who are barely of age is morally ambiguous at best.

If you did date someone just out of high school while you were in your 40s, I would suggest not running for office on a platform of moral superiority and judgementalism. You might want to err more on the side of "people in glass houses should not throw stones" and being understanding of people's individual circumstances.

#22 | Posted by gtbritishskull at 2017-11-12 12:46 PM | Reply

- If you did date someone just out of high school while you were in your 40s,

You might as well wear a sign saying that adult women scare the ---- out of you.

#23 | Posted by Corky at 2017-11-12 12:52 PM | Reply

Depending on the sex of older person it's either creepy or empowering.

#24 | Posted by visitor_ at 2017-11-12 03:26 PM | Reply

That's what I generally think about old guys like Moore who chase high schoolers. Completely afraid of women.

#25 | Posted by rcade at 2017-11-12 08:45 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

At 41 after my divorce I dated a 19 y/o for about 7 months - does that count?

Half your age plus 7 is a good dividing line between normal and skeevy, I think.

But at least you were dating an adult.

#26 | Posted by rcade at 2017-11-12 08:46 PM | Reply

from a single individual

#27 | POSTED BY DOCNJO A

I hate to interrupt a good Bill Clinton deflection, but the people who put the story together interviewed around 30 people.

Please proceed.

Is there a chance you can work Hillary in there as well? I bet it wasn't just Bill who made him do it. I'm sure she caused Roy Moore to molest children somehow.

#28 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2017-11-13 05:20 AM | Reply

"Can anyone name a Republican who has run for office lately that wasn't accused of something involving sexual harassment or assult in the last couple of years?"

Of course we can. I don't remember any such accusations against Mitt Romney or John McCain. Don't remember any against George W. Bush or Marco Rubio. I could go on endlessly, don't paint all Republicans with the filth of Moore. That's not being fair to other Republicans. You don't want to believe (or admit you actually do believe) that Moore is a pervert but enough people have come forward, on the record, so that we can conclude he is a perve. That's Senator Pervert in the future I guess you're hoping.

#30 | Posted by danni at 2017-11-13 08:29 AM | Reply

30 people = 1 individual in Liar's World.

#31 | Posted by danni at 2017-11-13 08:29 AM | Reply

Posted by danni at 2017-11-13 08:29 AM | Reply

#32 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2017-11-13 08:33 AM | Reply

BTW Moore will likely get elected, the WAPO "news" actually gave him a bump in the poles.

#29 | POSTED BY DOCNJO

He will absolutely get elected, he's not a democrat.

It's going to be funny when they don't assign him to a committee and no one works with him on anything.

Never shake hands with a pedophile, kids. That **** will never wash off.

#33 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2017-11-13 09:35 AM | Reply

I could ask 30 people how the weather was in 1979 and get 30 different answers.

So you think something as mundane as the weather is as memorable as being molested? My god the false equivalency is strong in you.

I tell you what, I can remember what the weather was like in 1977 in late January in Buffalo NY. Why? Because the Blizzard of 77 is an unusual event. Like getting molested by a 32 year old man. People remember significant events in their lives. Something as mundane as the weather on a daily basis is not memorable. To say it is as means to defend pedophilia is dishonest at best.

#34 | Posted by 726 at 2017-11-13 09:44 AM | Reply

Ok so chalk Docnojo up as a pediphilia supporter along with mysterytoy.

Righties are either really falling apart lately or their true disgusting colors are finally showing through.

#35 | Posted by jpw at 2017-11-13 09:53 AM | Reply

"You forget Karl Rove's accusing John McCain having an illegitament black baby. Of course it's BS."

Yes, I did forget about that. Thankfully. You remind me of just how despicable Rove really is. G.W. Bush fired him because he was so disgusting.

#36 | Posted by danni at 2017-11-13 09:54 AM | Reply

Should have been H.W. Bush fired him. G.W. embraced him. Much to his shame.

#37 | Posted by danni at 2017-11-13 09:54 AM | Reply

Can you name one that isn't guilty?

Moore dated teens. It's common knowledge. Stop being a bitch.

#38 | Posted by snoofy at 2017-11-13 01:49 PM | Reply

Moore dated teens. It's common knowledge. Stop being a bitch.

#38 | POSTED BY SNOOFY

3 of the 4 accusers were at the age of consent and the one who wasn't is the least credible of the 4.

Nevertheless, a 32-year old man going on a date with a high-school teenager pegs my creepy meter to a point where I think he's unfit.

#39 | Posted by JeffJ at 2017-11-13 01:51 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Moore admitted it JeffJ.
Do you not see that?

#40 | Posted by snoofy at 2017-11-13 01:53 PM | Reply

JeffJ, if you asked me if I post in the Nooner, and I say not generally, that means I've done it once in a while.

You stupid ------- moron.

#41 | Posted by snoofy at 2017-11-13 01:55 PM | Reply

He admitted he may have gone out on a date with a teenager. Yes, I saw that.

#42 | Posted by JeffJ at 2017-11-13 01:55 PM | Reply

Moore admitted it JeffJ.
Do you not see that?

#40 | POSTED BY SNOOFY

Please point to where in post #39 you construed otherwise.

You stupid, ------- moron.

#43 | Posted by JeffJ at 2017-11-13 02:00 PM | Reply

Look for the part where you are commenting on the credibility of his "accusers" when he's admitted he did it.

#44 | Posted by snoofy at 2017-11-13 02:06 PM | Reply

What's worse? Ron Johnson, 26, a car stereo salesman, taking Stacys virginity, or the Moore character taking a teen out for a malt?

#45 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2017-11-13 02:14 PM | Reply

He admitted dating teenagers, 3 of the 4 were at the age of consent and 3 of the 4 described behavior wholly consistent with a date.

The 4th was 14 at the time and described behavior that would have been illegal and abusive for someone under the age of consent and would have been downright creepy on a date with a woman of any age. This woman is the least credible. The other 3 have their stories pretty much confirmed by Moore's remarks when asked about this.

Like I said, the whole thing pegs my creepy meter, or worse, depending on the voracity of the woman who was 14 at the time.

#46 | Posted by JeffJ at 2017-11-13 02:17 PM | Reply

#45 | POSTED BY 101CHAIRBORNE

I caught part of that movie yesterday morning at my hotel room (I was out of town this weekend).

#47 | Posted by JeffJ at 2017-11-13 02:18 PM | Reply

I saw it too. HBO I think.

#48 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2017-11-13 02:21 PM | Reply

I assumed it was on a non-pay channel until I line I expected to be edited was shown correctly. That caused me to check and yes, it was HBO.

#49 | Posted by JeffJ at 2017-11-13 02:30 PM | Reply

3 of the 4 accusers were at the age of consent ...

That's not a distinction I'd make. We all know that a 32-year-old man dating 16-year-olds is skeevy as hell. Moore admits doing that and it makes the 14-year-old's accusation more credible.

#50 | Posted by rcade at 2017-11-13 02:32 PM | Reply

"We all know that a 32-year-old man dating 16-year-olds is skeevy as hell."

But, he was very respectable! He only "dated" the young teenage girls with their mom's permission.

And sometimes, because he was so concerned about their tender young feelings he would discretely pick them up around the corner so as not to embarrass them for dating someone as old as her father.

Such a caring considerate man!

It was all very Biblical.

#51 | Posted by donnerboy at 2017-11-13 02:43 PM | Reply

#50 | POSTED BY RCADE

It just seems strange that with the teens who were of legal age, his advances never went beyond kissing or hugging and were consensual. With the one girl who revealed herself to him to be underage, he pushes further knowing full well the legal implications of what he was doing (he was a lawyer at the time)? I'm not saying it didn't happen. It's just not consistent with how he behaved with the other 3 teens who were at the age of consent.

#52 | Posted by JeffJ at 2017-11-13 02:57 PM | Reply

I'm not saying it didn't happen. It's just not consistent ...

Maybe he treated children differently based on whether their mothers knew he was pursuing them. Predators often pick the most vulnerable kids. Sandusky was an expert at it.

#53 | Posted by rcade at 2017-11-13 03:01 PM | Reply

#53 | POSTED BY RCADE

It's possible.

#54 | Posted by JeffJ at 2017-11-13 03:03 PM | Reply

From the linked article:

Moore fired off, describing himself as a father and grandfather who has a "special concern for the protection of young ladies."
Apparently, his "special concern" was to save those "young ladies" for himself.
Moore also added that he doesn't "remember ever dating any girl without the permission of her mother."
Here's a good rule of thumb:

If you're already out of high school and you think you need the permission of a girl's mother to date her, don't date that girl.

#55 | Posted by Hans at 2017-11-13 03:37 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1