Saturday, November 11, 2017

A former model and actor is accusing Star Trek icon George Takei of sexual assault in 1981. The accuser, Scott R. Brunton, who was 23 at the time of the alleged incident, claims that Takei took advantage of him when he was most vulnerable.

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

"The next thing I remember I was coming to and he had my pants down around my ankles and he was groping my crotch and trying to get my underwear off and feeling me up at the same time, trying to get his hands down my underwear," Brunton says. "I came to and said, 'What are you doing?!' I said, 'I don't want to do this.' He goes, 'You need to relax. I am just trying to make you comfortable. Get comfortable.' And I said, 'No. I don't want to do this.' And I pushed him off and he said, 'OK, fine.' And I said I am going to go and he said, 'If you feel you must. You're in no condition to drive.' I said, 'I don't care I want to go.' So I managed to get my pants up and compose myself and I was just shocked. I walked out and went to my car until I felt well enough to drive home, and that was that."

Comments

Get the sick bastard a senate seat, stat!

-- every republican

#1 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2017-11-11 06:20 AM | Reply | Funny: 2

Oh my!

#2 | Posted by visitor_ at 2017-11-11 09:47 AM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 2

Get the sick bastard a senate seat, stat!
-- every republican

C'mon. We all know they only support sexual predators with an R after their name.

#3 | Posted by jpw at 2017-11-11 12:44 PM | Reply

Just a start. Next will be Biden.

#4 | Posted by sawdust at 2017-11-12 08:19 AM | Reply

Next will be Jared and Ivanka.

#5 | Posted by Zed at 2017-11-12 08:28 AM | Reply

Don't call him "Tiny".

#6 | Posted by TheTom at 2017-11-12 10:10 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

Not to be confused with Richard Brunton, the longtime Butler of Hurlston in the Granada production of the Sherlock Holmes episode, "The Musgrave Ritual."

Holmes (high as a kite): But I remember on my last visit where he spent several hours explaining to me in French...the origins of the piccolo!

#7 | Posted by madscientist at 2017-11-12 10:32 AM | Reply

Damn it George I liked you.

Just heard a Howard Stern interview with him which makes me think this is probably true.

Not sure where this falls in the spectrum of all the Hollywood claims. It wasn't over a job, it wasn't someone with power, and when told to stop George stopped. So no doubt if true it was sexual harassment which is of course not okay, but it's not on the level of Weinstein, Spacey or Louis CK either.

#8 | Posted by TaoWarrior at 2017-11-12 04:08 PM | Reply

Takei has said it's complete BS, he said-he said from 40 years ago, and blamed the publicity on Russian bots.

#9 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2017-11-13 06:52 AM | Reply

#9 As we all know from Russia-gate, Russian bots will do that. But the more you look into the story, the more it looks like Takei was just making a gay pass at him:

A recent clip from The Howard Stern show is also making the rounds. In October, the host asked Takei if he ever grabbed someone's -------- against their will. He didn't immediately deny it.

"Uh oh," Stern said in response to the silence. "You've never sexually harassed anyone, have you?"

"Some people are kind of skittish," Takei said. "Or maybe afraid and you're trying to persuade."

I've been sexually harassed by women before, but only one time in my life have I ever been sexually harassed by a gay guy, and all I had to do was tell him him I wasn't gay. Dealing with female harassers is a lot harder.

#10 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2017-11-13 07:42 AM | Reply

Takei has said it's complete BS, he said-he said from 40 years ago

Moore is saying the exact same thing, but no one is believing him because he has an "R" after his name.

#11 | Posted by boaz at 2017-11-13 10:07 PM | Reply

Moore is saying the exact same thing

No he isn't. He's waffling.

#12 | Posted by REDIAL at 2017-11-13 10:10 PM | Reply