Saturday, November 04, 2017

Did you know that if you have kidney surgery, the doctor will place a 7- to 12-inch internal drainage tube called a "stent" in your ureter in order to ensure adequate urine flow between the kidney and the bladder? Did you know that six weeks after the surgery, the doctor has to pull the stent out through your penis hole while you're fully awake?

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

Surprisingly, not many people are fully aware of this. In fact, the average male citizen in the United States goes about his daily routine completely oblivious to the intricate details involved in a stent removal. Statistics show that in the average course of the day, most men simply eat breakfast, go to work, fulfill their deadlines, eat dinner, watch the news, and then jump into bed with their partner where they engage in wild, perverted, animal-like sex before falling asleep comfortably. Not once do they even think about the horrifying, painful, and bloody reality of having a medical tube pulled out of their penis hole. In fact, one almost gets the impression that they don't even want to think about it at all.

Comments

This is the funniest public service announcement I have ever read.

Cringe in horror as you laugh your ass off in detail. It's very well written.

#1 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2017-11-04 03:38 AM | Reply

Also, I have a "ureter"? Okay, how many other people here knew that was a man part? I mean, girls all seem to know what all their parts are, because they have lot's more parts, and some of them bleed and stuff. But guy's have like one part, so things are a lot simpler for us. I'm still looking over the diagram, though....

#2 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2017-11-04 03:43 AM | Reply

It's great that water rather than soda is now the #1 beverage.

#3 | Posted by grumpy_too at 2017-11-04 04:18 AM | Reply

Hah.

So...I've actually had a stent before. I had a kidney stone in college that they had to remove, um, invasively.

When I woke up, I had to go pee, and noticed that there was a loose string near my junk. I thought it was part of the hospital gown I was wearing, so I pulled on it to tear it off. Whatever grogginess remained after the anesthesia was immediately eliminated.

As week later, it was the job of a cute little nurse to permanently remove the stent. She started a three count, but pulled on one. It didn't really hurt, but it was very uncomfortable. And I was peeing blood clots for a few days after.

#4 | Posted by madbomber at 2017-11-04 10:31 AM | Reply

The stent was less pain then the kidney stone ,at least for me.

#5 | Posted by patron at 2017-11-04 11:42 AM | Reply

The stent didn't really bother me that much...other than when I pulled the string for the first time. That was a shocker.

#6 | Posted by madbomber at 2017-11-04 12:04 PM | Reply

This is nothing. You should see what we did to put that stent in.

P.S.
Ureters aren't just "man parts". They're the tubes that deliver urine from your kidney to your bladder. Everybody gets two.

#7 | Posted by morris at 2017-11-04 12:42 PM | Reply

Jesus. I hope my penis never get's sick. Or my kidneys. Or whatever.

#8 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2017-11-05 05:37 PM | Reply

The Worst Pain Your Penis Will Ever Endure

I don't know about de-stenting via penile decatheterization...but I had a girlfriend once who would "punish" me during coitus by using what she called the "Cleopatra Death Grip."

I'll just leave it at that.

#9 | Posted by madscientist at 2017-11-05 08:42 PM | Reply