Friday, November 03, 2017

Another brazen assault, and another mother left in awe. It's a story that is only being shared with WJZ.

"These attacks, these assaults, someone is going to get killed," said Kia Martin, whose daughter was attacked at the Inner Harbor on Halloween.

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

For the third time in just days, a group of teens strike yet again at the Inner Harbor.

This time, Kia Martin's daughter is one of the victims.

"The group of teens surrounded my daughter and her friends," she said. "My daughter was stomped, kicked, punched, thrown to the ground, beat with a baseball bat."

Martin says her daughter and friends – students at Digital Harbor High – were pounced on near the science center on Halloween night. Forced to walk a mile to the hospital for help.

Comments

Ok, gang...

Kids can either be coddled ------- who are scared of their own shadows or we can **** our pants when a few of them get into fights.

It can't be both.

Have a meeting and decide.

#1 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2017-11-03 12:22 PM | Reply

Alot of locals in the comments are saying these were not teens..

#2 | Posted by boaz at 2017-11-03 12:37 PM | Reply

I spent a week in downtown Baltimore around five years ago on Inner Harbor, near the place the attack occurred. It's a great part of town near Fells Point, the waterfront neighborhood that Homicide: Life on the Street helped make famous.

Police should do more to keep it safe. It was safe when I was there -- aside from a friend telling me he saw an assault -- but you could tell that things can get pretty sketchy there fast.

#3 | Posted by rcade at 2017-11-03 12:46 PM | Reply

"A group of teens go on a rampage in Baltimore; again"

"these were not teens.."

-- the same person inside of an hour

With a memory like that you should be working for your Lord and personal savior donnie dealbreaker...

#4 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2017-11-03 12:47 PM | Reply

#3 | POSTED BY RCADE AT

I missed a flight out of BWI once upon a time. Was probably 2 years ago. I was working there a lot then.

I took my camera down there, there is this park with a steep hill, I can't remember the name of it.

Anyway, I was getting some nice shots and these 2 guys came up to me, they started asking about my camera, wanted to know how much it costs, etc.

One of them was taller than I am, pretty lanky though. Not too much beef on him. The other guy was doing most of the talking. He was a turd.

It felt uncomfortable.

I told him "It's nothing special. You can probably pick this whole outfit up used for somewhere between 800 and 1,000. It's definitely not worth rolling around on the ground and one of us getting our *** whipped over it..."

I turned around, took another shot or two, and when I turned back around they were walking away.

#5 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2017-11-03 01:00 PM | Reply

I don't want to make assumptions but this crime reeks of khaki pants and MAGA hats.

#6 | Posted by IndianaJones at 2017-11-03 06:14 PM | Reply

#5. BAMF

#7 | Posted by LIVE_OR_DIE at 2017-11-03 10:16 PM | Reply

#5. BAMF

#7 | POSTED BY LIVE_OR_DIE

One of us was scared, the other was glad.

I'm not sure which was which.

#8 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2017-11-03 10:19 PM | Reply

this sounds like a job for Frank Cotton!

#9 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2017-11-03 10:24 PM | Reply

I know if I was a dickass wanting to go on a violent rampage, Baltimore would be at the top of my list. Strict gun laws.

Somewhere else, and my intended victim might be able to fight back in a way that would result in grievous bodily harm.

#11 | Posted by madbomber at 2017-11-04 07:59 AM | Reply

I was born in Baltimore, left six months later, good riddance.

#12 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2017-11-04 10:49 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

After retiring from the AF I finished my degree at University of Baltimore and loved partying at Fell's Point and dining at Little Italy [not far from the Inner Harbor]. Last time there I sailed up the Patapsco River to the inner harbor with a crew of two women to spend the day before departing for the Keys. That was the 90/91 timeframe.

#13 | Posted by MSgt at 2017-11-04 05:02 PM | Reply

The AG there won't support the police so they are afraid to do their job. This is what you get with that type of leadership.

#14 | Posted by mysterytoy at 2017-11-05 09:27 AM | Reply

...the police...are afraid to do their job.
#14 | POSTED BY MYSTERYTOY

Then they should quit and find another line of work.

#15 | Posted by TFDNihilist at 2017-11-05 11:10 AM | Reply