Friday, November 03, 2017

Roseanne Barr and Michael McFaul argued with her on Twitter. BuzzFeed and The New York Times cited her tweets. Abrams, who at one point boasted nearly 70,000 Twitter followers, was featured in articles written by Bustle, U.S. News and World Report, USA Today, several local Fox affiliates, InfoWars, BET, Yahoo Sports, Sky News, IJR, Breitbart, The Washington Post, Mashable, New York Daily News, Quartz, Dallas News, France24, HuffPost, The Daily Caller, The Telegraph, CNN, the BBC, Gizmodo, The Independent, The Daily Dot, The Observer, Business Insider, The National Post, Refinery29, The Times of India, BuzzFeed, The Daily Mail, The New York Times, and, of course, Russia Today and Sputnik. Jenna Abrams, the freewheeling American blogger who believed in a return to segregation and said that many of America's problems stemmed from PC culture run amok, did not exist.

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

Abrams' pervasiveness in American news outlets shows just how much impact Russia's troll farm had on American discourse in the run-up to the 2016 election -- and illustrates how Russian talking points can seep into American mainstream media without even a single dollar spent on advertising.

Comments

This is incredible. Thanks for posting. I have begun asking if even the most trivial things are real.

#1 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2017-11-03 09:51 AM | Reply

It is time I come clean.

The Reverend Damien Darko does not exist.

I am part of a coordinated effort on behalf of the people of Mars to confuse and disorganize you Terrans so we may confiscate your supply of Pop-Tarts.

#2 | Posted by RevDarko at 2017-11-03 10:37 AM | Reply

"shows just how much impact Russia's troll farm had on American discourse in the run-up to the 2016 election -"

No. No. No! You need to PROVE that "she" convinced someone to change their vote or it didn't happen.

So sayeth the sheep. Who probably doesn't exist.

#3 | Posted by donnerboy at 2017-11-03 10:49 AM | Reply

#2 | POSTED BY REVDARKO

I'll give you my Pop-Tarts when you pry them from my cold, dead hands!

#4 | Posted by donnerboy at 2017-11-03 10:56 AM | Reply

No way! She does exist. I saw her on Fox & Friends. She's the blonde one, with the nice legs...
--The Dotard

#5 | Posted by catdog at 2017-11-03 11:01 AM | Reply

RCade, if you see this can you reroute this thread:

www.drudge.com

#6 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2017-11-03 11:03 AM | Reply

The Reverend Damien Darko does not exist.

#2 | POSTED BY REVDARKO

...You can take my pop-tarts when you can pry them from my cold, dead hands...

#7 | Posted by Sycophant at 2017-11-03 11:06 AM | Reply

I'll give you my Pop-Tarts when you pry them from my cold, dead hands!

#4 | POSTED BY DONNERBOY

Damn it. I didn't even notice you beat me to it.

#8 | Posted by Sycophant at 2017-11-03 11:06 AM | Reply

Damn it. I didn't even notice you beat me to it.

#8 | POSTED BY SYCOPHANT

Great minds think alike!

www.google.com

#9 | Posted by donnerboy at 2017-11-03 11:10 AM | Reply

I confess that I have in the past and am currently being paid to post here.

#10 | Posted by visitor_ at 2017-11-03 11:55 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

I love how "several local fox affiliates" is mentioned before CNN, the nyt, the BBC, huffpost, etc

Oooohhhhh, local fox affiliates, that is big time!

#11 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2017-11-03 11:58 AM | Reply

I have in the past and am currently being paid to post here.

#10 | POSTED BY VISITOR