Friday, November 03, 2017

A 47-year-old man accused of fatally shooting three people Wednesday night at a Thornton Walmart had long been under financial strain after running two failed businesses, running up $58,000 in credit card debt and declaring bankruptcy, state and federal records show.

Neighbors at the apartment complex on the 7100 block of Samuel Drive in Denver described Scott Ostrem as "creepy" and unfriendly.

"He made me nervous because he always had rifle in a case over his shoulder," said Teresa Muniz, who lives in the same apartment complex as the suspect.

Comments

"Neighbors said Scott Ostrem, 47, was unfriendly and was often seen carrying a rifle case"

Yeah, that sounds like a warning sign.

Witness: "She said her dog never bothers anyone but would growl whenever Ostrem walked nearby."

Yep, number two.

Now, two is a coincidence, but three is a pattern. Let's see....

"He had run-ins with the law dating back to 1999 when he was charged with resisting arrest, Colorado court records indicate."

Yep. This was coming.

#1 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2017-11-03 02:55 AM | Reply

My parents' dog does that with black people. I have black friends. It's ------' annoying.

No ----. My parents' dog is a god damn racist.

#2 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2017-11-03 03:50 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

I missed where Dotard demanded the death penalty for this guy. I wonder why?

#3 | Posted by 726 at 2017-11-03 07:37 AM | Reply

No ----. My parents' dog is a god damn racist.

#2 | POSTED BY RSTYBEACH11 AT 2017-11-03 03:50 AM | FLAG:

You mean your parents are racist.

#4 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2017-11-03 07:46 AM | Reply

Did he yell "Christ is great"?

#5 | Posted by boaz at 2017-11-03 08:57 AM | Reply

No, but he was obviously a fan of open carry.

#6 | Posted by Zed at 2017-11-03 09:14 AM | Reply

My dog had never seen a black person before. I took her downtown to pick a friend up who was having his car serviced and she went ballistic whenever a black dude walked by.

I think it's the dark skin color that freaked her out, but it could be because I was yelling "get em! Get that mother %#^*+!!!" Who knows?

#7 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2017-11-03 01:39 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

For real though, I didn't say anything, she just went nuts.
Ever since then we can't even watch a Shonda Rhimes show without putting her in the kennel...

#8 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2017-11-03 01:41 PM | Reply

"running up $58,000 in credit card debt and declaring bankruptcy, state and federal records show."

He should have run it up to a couple hundred million then declared bankruptcy THEN he could have been somebody. Maybe even President!

#9 | Posted by donnerboy at 2017-11-03 06:09 PM | Reply

Colorado Walmart Killer Lived Alone With a Stack of Bibles and No Furniture

www.thedailybeast.com

Has the ------------------- mentioned anything about sending this terrorist to Gitmo?

#10 | Posted by reinheitsgebot at 2017-11-03 07:53 PM | Reply

#10 First of all, you can use stacks of Bibles as furniture. And second, I have this strange suspicion this was not a politically motivated crime. For instance, FTA:

"The Fobbs peeked out of the department window to see Ostrem nonchalantly walk by with a look that Marlena says was "like the devil. He was hell-bent on killing people.""

Something tells me this guy was trying to self-medicate by sleeping on a bed of Bibles or something....

So... the answer to today's Daily Double is "What is a psycho, Alex?"

#11 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2017-11-03 08:11 PM | Reply

Did Ostrem read Two Corinthians for inspiration before slaying his victims?

#12 | Posted by reinheitsgebot at 2017-11-03 08:22 PM | Reply

Another case where requiring your wife or mom to agree to any gun purchase would save lives.

#13 | Posted by bored at 2017-11-03 08:29 PM | Reply

Two Corinthians Walk into a Bar...

Two Corinthians walk into a bar

And say to the barkeep, "We come from afar.

We're looking for two Thessalonian chaps

And wondering if you might have seen them perhaps."

"Maybe I have and maybe I've not.

I'll have to reflect and give it some thought.

In the meantime, what'll it be:

Whisky or rye or a glass of chablis?"

"Red wine with some bread--no, grape juice and a wafer.

Keeping it Baptist is bound to be safer."

"Who's this?" said the other. "Am I seeing things?

Is this not Two Samuels with his friend Two Kings?

Then comes Two Chronicles and after these

Two Peters, Three Johns, and Two Timothys."

"I'm calling the cops," said the man tending bar.

I don't give a damn who you guys say you are.

You're pulling my leg or you're certifiable.

Every man jack of you comes from the Bible."

We have just entered the dread Twilight Zone:

Another dimension, where minds are blown;

It's all the fault of that man on the stump,

That Bible bungler, Donald J. Trump.

www.dailykos.com

#14 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2017-11-03 08:39 PM | Reply

You can fool with your brother,
But don't mess with a missionary man.

#15 | Posted by madscientist at 2017-11-03 10:03 PM | Reply

You can't lock up crazy people until they kill somebody.

That's how it werks.

#16 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2017-11-04 04:23 PM | Reply

"You can't lock up crazy people until they kill somebody."

^
The gun sniffer definition of freedom.

#17 | Posted by snoofy at 2017-11-04 04:40 PM | Reply

#87 | Posted by snoofy You made a mistake on European health care, the numbers you listed were for individuals treated, it does not count those who die waiting for treatment, which can be a considerable wait.

#18 | Posted by docnjo at 2017-11-05 10:28 PM | Reply