Thursday, November 02, 2017

Some employees at Fox News were left embarrassed and humiliated by their network's coverage of the latest revelations in special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation into Russian election meddling, according to conversations CNN had with several individuals placed throughout the network. "I'm watching now and screaming," one Fox News personality said in a text message to CNN as the person watched their network's coverage. "I want to quit."

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

On Fox News' homepage, the lead story at one point was focused on Trump slamming the indictment. Another lead story cited Manafort's lawyer, and asked, "Mueller's 'ridiculous' claims?"

"This kind of coverage does the viewer a huge disservice and further divides the country," one Fox News personality told CNN.

Comments

They have been doing that since day 1. Why would they change now ?

#1 | Posted by bat4255 at 2017-11-02 08:28 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Story was posted yesterday on back page.

www.drudge.com

#2 | Posted by danni at 2017-11-02 08:33 AM | Reply

#1 | Posted by bat4255

Not talking the talk shows but the ACTUAL News group. The NEWS group was not the same as the talk shows (O'Reilly, Hannite et al.)- for the longest time they did pretty fair reporting just like the rest of the mainstream media.

#3 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2017-11-02 10:04 AM | Reply

Wait, so they think this is FOX News' most ridiculous behavior and up until this they were respectable?

Holy Delusions, Batman!

#4 | Posted by Sully at 2017-11-02 10:24 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 4

People who work for a propaganda network should already know that going in...

#5 | Posted by chuffy at 2017-11-02 11:56 AM | Reply

"It is another blow to journalists at Fox who come in every day wanting to cover the news in a fair and objective way,"

Ok, so if ANY journalists still believes there is any network that covers news in a fair and objective way, you shouldn't quit...you should be fired for being so incredibly blind and should also be blacklisted so you can never work in the media ever again. There is no news outlet that is fair and objective. They all have their own agends. If that weren't true, you would have media outlets with bullet lists of facts that occurred about the subject of the article, and that would be it. You wouldn't need paragraphs and quotes.

That's the real issue when you think critically about this article. The guy knows Fox is right-wing, whines when it's too right-wing, and then another media outlet that can match its agenda with this issue reports it as news. When it's not.

#6 | Posted by humtake at 2017-11-02 12:13 PM | Reply

#6 | POSTED BY HUMTAKE

You still haven't figured out the difference between Right Wing Spin and outright lying. Although with Fox News, Sean Hannity and Conservative Radio, I can't say I blame you. There isn't much of a difference when things get this bad for Conservatives.

#7 | Posted by Sycophant at 2017-11-02 12:20 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Fox has NO journalists, only talking heads to get ratings.

The only morality they know is money.

Fake news and reality shows almost guarantee that with the scared and stupid crowd.

#8 | Posted by bat4255 at 2017-11-02 01:26 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Hang around long enough and you will get to like your work, maybe even love it, just like I love my job, employer and my Big Brother...
--Winston Smith

#9 | Posted by catdog at 2017-11-02 01:39 PM | Reply

It's not hard to get even with foxiness just start filming Hannity whenever he acts badly.

#10 | Posted by Tor at 2017-11-02 03:25 PM | Reply

I worked with Henry Rollins on a project one time, and he had just come from doing an interview on fox news. I asked him what it was like over there and he said they're all like captives. He asked the behind the scenes crew guys why they worked there and they all said they knew it was bad but they need the paycheck.

#11 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2017-11-02 05:19 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

- Fox has NO journalists, only talking heads to get ratings.

Neither is Andrea Mitchell, who went down on Hillary so many times during the election, she had chapped lips.

#12 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2017-11-02 06:59 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#11 | POSTED BY SPEAKSOFTLY

You once worked with Rollins? AWESOME!!!

Big fan here -- I played End of Silence and Weight recently and they still effing rock.

You are now The GREATEST poster on the mighty DR.

#13 | Posted by PinchALoaf at 2017-11-02 08:13 PM | Reply

If you're a Rollins fan, watch He Never Died. Rollins plays and indestructible curmudgeon who just wants to be left alone.

#14 | Posted by truthhurts at 2017-11-02 08:17 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Civilized -- Rollins Band

www.youtube.com

I'm sitting in my room in your prison doin' time
Bars on my windows 'cause you got so good at crime
You're standing on the corner with nothing in your head
Shirt on your back and a gun in your pants
Thinking you're the man but you're only a stand-in
Standing in line to be the next bad guy
I see what you do when you use what you got
But what do you do when you do what you want

You're so civilized, you get brutalized
You're so civilized, man I see you get cut down

Getting your mind off some guy's record
He makes his money off fools like you
Singing about killing like it ain't no thing but
You do the time when you live it for real
Paying his way from your death row cell
You're the last one to see, you got sold out
I hear you say you hate pigs so much then
Why the hell do you act like one

Because you're civilized, you get brutalized
You're so civilized, man I see you get cut down

You're so civilized, you get brutalized
Yeah yeah yeah
So civilized, man I watch you get cut down

I wonder what you're like without the gun
I'd like to see when you're not hiding behind the gun
How you would live your life without the gun
'Cause I know how I lived mine
Because you got one, yeah, 'cause that's what it is
You hide behind your gun
You take life, you're just another pig to me
You think you're different but you're just another pig
Yeah, a pig, yeah
You gotta have a gun then you're just another pig to me
You think you're different but you're just another pig
You gotta have a gun, you're a pig to me, just a pig to me
You gotta have a gun, you're just another pig to me
You got a gun, you're just another pig

You're so civilized, you get brutalized
You're so civilized

A gun in your hand makes a fool out of you, oh yeah
A gun in your hand makes a target out of me, oh no
Freedom, you ain't no freedom, you want your freedom
Your freedom is killing you man, freedom
You can't handle your freedom, hey
And now you're dying for it

Because you're civilized, you get brutalized
You're so civilized, man I watch you get cut down

QFT

#15 | Posted by PinchALoaf at 2017-11-02 08:22 PM | Reply

You once worked with Rollins? AWESOME!!!

You are now The GREATEST poster on the mighty DR.

#13 | Posted by PinchALoaf

Well I only had a couple face to face interactions with him, we worked on different aspects of the same project. Very smart guy.

I've spent more face to face time with Pauly Shore. Not quite as impressive.

#16 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2017-11-02 08:23 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#14 | POSTED BY TRUTHHURTS

Cool, thanks!

googling now -- ha, it's on Netflix ... lates, gotta a movie to watch!

#17 | Posted by PinchALoaf at 2017-11-02 08:25 PM | Reply

I've spent more face to face time with Pauly Shore. Not quite as impressive.

#16 | POSTED BY SPEAKSOFTLY

More than good enough for me -- you're awesome, Hank rules, I miss the 90's !!!

Things really changed for me in so many ways in 2000 and 2001, even before 9/11 ... part of the good times was seeing Rollins do his spoken word shows at various locales, and seeing him and his band live a few times -- making some serious road trips in the process.

Now I'm just a funky chunky monkey who's trying to get back to my piss and vinegar dayz -- my knees and hip joints (and gut) just don't snap back like they used to (damn).

Anyway, still, I'm impressed if that matters to you -- thanks !

#18 | Posted by PinchALoaf at 2017-11-02 08:36 PM | Reply

Anyway, still, I'm impressed if that matters to you -- thanks !

#18 | Posted by PinchALoaf

Glad I could brighten your day!

#19 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2017-11-02 08:47 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I like Henry Rollins.

#20 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2017-11-03 03:44 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

People who work for a propaganda network should already know that going in...

#5 | POSTED BY CHUFFY AT 2017-11-02 11:56 AM | FLAG:

And the source of this story is CNN and they are citing anonymous sources. Hmmmm

#21 | Posted by fishpaw at 2017-11-03 11:51 AM | Reply