Wednesday, November 01, 2017

Bitcoin climbed to a new all-time high of $6,450 on Wednesday, boosted by bets the cryptocurrency could enter the financial mainstream after the world's largest derivatives exchange operator said on Tuesday it would launch bitcoin futures. ... Bitcoin has had a bumper year with a more than sixfold increase in price, and has more than doubled in price since mid-September alone.

Comments

This will all end in heavy tears and finger pointing.

#1 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2017-11-01 11:57 PM | Reply

the speculators are baiting and waiting. come on in! they said... the waters fine! they said...

#2 | Posted by AuntieSocial at 2017-11-02 09:42 AM | Reply

over 7,000

#3 | Posted by klifferd at 2017-11-02 10:21 AM | Reply

Sheep: "Bitcoin is the new gold"

Fools: "Bitcoin isn't physical so it can't have value"

Sharks: "Bitcoin and ETFs are a bubble; buy into my managed fund"

Experts:"Blockchain will change the world, but Bitcoin will likely be replaced"

Ether bulls: "Ethereum is better"

Dumbasses: "I bought into an ICO but I don't know what ICO is"

------------: "What about her emails?"

#4 | Posted by IndianaJones at 2017-11-02 02:05 PM | Reply | Funny: 3

hey... i invested only 600 bux into it... and i've made pretty decent returns..

if it vanishes... i only lost 600.

#5 | Posted by klifferd at 2017-11-02 02:23 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

#5 | POSTED BY KLIFFERD

Assuming that $600 didn't buy you 0.1BTC yesterday, you're doing well on ROI.

#6 | Posted by IndianaJones at 2017-11-02 03:00 PM | Reply

hahah i made about 60% so far. :)

#7 | Posted by klifferd at 2017-11-02 04:31 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

LiteCoin will replace BitCoin.

BitCoin's murky history will keep it from experiencing the mainstream like LiteCoin will in the near future.

On a side note, I've been following the BitCoin story since it was trading at a nickel per. My roommate started his own mining operation not too far after it topped a dollar per.

It's been one hell of a story to follow.

#8 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2017-11-02 04:40 PM | Reply

#8 | POSTED BY RSTYBEACH11

I feel dumb because it was 30BTC:1$USD when I learned about it and I determined it wasn't worth the electricity cost to mine.....

#9 | Posted by IndianaJones at 2017-11-02 05:00 PM | Reply

I am investing all my funds into Unobtainium... I hear they will strike it big any day now.

#10 | Posted by donnerboy at 2017-11-02 05:12 PM | Reply

The only reason I learned about it was because it popped up in a story about the Silk Road (online Amazon store for all things illegal) during my graduate studies in criminology. Once I learned about the Silk Road, my immediate question was "How are they paying for this stuff without being traced?" BitCoin and blockchain then became a fascination of mine for a few years.

I don't follow nearly as closely anymore...it's a run away train that I never climbed aboard and really, really should have just for the fun of it.

#11 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2017-11-02 05:14 PM | Reply

#10 | POSTED BY DONNERBOY

You sound like a bitter old man. BitCoin has already made MANY people very, very rich under intense scrutiny that it's a ponzi scheme. If it is a ponzi scheme, it's the most successful ponzi scheme of all time considering it's still operational, still under scrutiny, and still appreciating in value at a rate never scene before. I still don't think it will be as successful as any Western government backed currency, but that doesn't mean blockchain in general won't either.

Mark my words, you'll have a blockchain wallet before the decade's out.

#12 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2017-11-02 05:21 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"LiteCoin will replace BitCoin."

i hope so.. i have way more of those than bitcoins :)

but its been down consistently for a while

#13 | Posted by klifferd at 2017-11-02 06:20 PM | Reply