Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Chicago Bears tight end Zach Miller suffered a dislocated knee in Sunday's game that also tore a torn popliteal artery, an injury that led doctors to fear his leg might need to be amputated. Miller underwent surgery Monday to stabilize the artery. Surgeons praised Bears team doctor Mark Bowen for quickly identifying the vascular problem. Head coach John Fox said Miller was in good spirits and "pretty much wanted his touchdown back."

Comments

The video is horrific. I've never heard of such a thing like this happening before.

#1 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2017-10-31 10:37 PM | Reply

#1 | POSTED BY SHEEPLESCHISM

Then don't google Navarro Bowman, Napoleon McCallum, Willis McGahee or Joe Theismann

#2 | Posted by chuffy at 2017-10-31 10:55 PM | Reply

"Willis McGahee"

When I blew out my knee about 10 years ago, I was researching my injury, as well as rehab exercises, and MaGahee's injury popped up. He basically destroyed everything in his knee on that play, and was told it would take two years of rehab, at a minimum. After it all, his PT coach had one incredibly inspirational observation: I never heard him complain once.

I decided at that moment, Willis McGahee was a great role model.

#3 | Posted by Danforth at 2017-10-31 11:04 PM | Reply

I think they should give Zach Miller his TD back, too. Total BS.

#4 | Posted by chuffy at 2017-10-31 11:42 PM | Reply

This is more of a COULD rather than WOULD lose his leg. Doctors caught it immediately and there was only a risk if it wasn't fixed. Modern medicine is incredible.

#5 | Posted by Sycophant at 2017-11-01 12:06 PM | Reply

A University of Michigan O-lineman (Grant Newsome) nearly lost his leg in a very similar injury last year. He missed the remainder of the 2016 season and all of the '17 season. He hopes to be back to 100% for 2018.

#6 | Posted by JeffJ at 2017-11-01 03:05 PM | Reply

Gives a whole new meaning to "take a knee".

#7 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2017-11-01 03:08 PM | Reply