Wednesday, November 01, 2017

American voters trust some of the media outlets President Trump criticizes the most, more than they trust the president himself, according to a new survey out Tuesday. According to the poll by left-leaning pollster Public Policy Polling, voters trust ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, The New York Times and The Washington Post -- six media companies frequently targeted by Trump -- more than the president. NBC, ABC and CBS saw the greatest edge over Trump, with 54 percent saying those outlets were more trustworthy than the president, compared to only 36 percent saying they trust Trump more. The New York Times beat out Trump in voter trust by a 17-point margin -- 54 percent to 27 percent -- according to the poll.

Comments

Even though i trust the media outlets very little, I still trust them way more than I trust Trump.

He has proven he lies about everything and he is able to convince himself that his lies are true.

#1 | Posted by kudzu at 2017-10-31 04:27 PM | Reply

The fact that only 54% said this incredible. But Republicans will believe anything.

#2 | Posted by Sycophant at 2017-11-01 03:38 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

If it was '60's and 70's news outlets, it would have been closer to 90%.

Such is the state of news in the 80's +. Oh wait, isn't that when faux wannabe news came into the picture?

#3 | Posted by bat4255 at 2017-11-01 03:54 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

My grandad only listened to Walter Cronkite, and all the rest were liars.

#4 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2017-11-01 05:28 PM | Reply

I guess I am not totally surprised by that number. There are a lot of ignorant people in this country but how can the Media NOT be more trustworthy than Mr "Gets everything wrong"?

Speaking frankly - there are times an agenda does play out in the Mainstream media. There is no doubt about that. There has always been a hint of influence that would leak in from time to time - we are talking about humans after all. Actually to be more specific we are talking about cerebral humans - thinkers and I think most of them want to do fair reporting. The trouble and influence can be above the reporters though. Today Social Media seems to drive reporting more and more because most revenue is derived from clicks now. In fact you can be 100% sure it does - just look at the articles that show up everywhere. So I don't think it is the "Liberal" media conspiracy rather playing to the common man that drives too much of the mainstream media today. I miss true and good investigative reporting.

That said, there is ALWAYS an agenda from right wing media. I haven't seen "reporting" without an angle come from the right. The ACTUAL news on Fox isn't bad but EVERYTHING else is. It generally is based on FUDD and for those that are fooled by it that means: Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt and Disinformation. That is what the right lives on and instills and has for decades now. It's what drives the right and what so many right wing posters here swallow hook line and sinker. There is no changing their minds either which is sad. I love having an open conversation and presenting and listening to actual fact. If I am wrong prove me wrong and I will accept it but if I disprove your source and information - accept it.

#5 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2017-11-01 05:31 PM | Reply

Right wing media makes up a very large portion of radio and a significant part of television, they own many newspapers around the nation. I've listened them occasionally and concluded that basically they are liars driving an agenda and their viewers and listeners want to be lied to. Thus when you say "media" and ask if it is trusted or not a big portion of it is right wing yellow journalism which can't be trusted and that reduces the number of people who can say they trust the media. If they asked "do you trust the non-right wing media?" I think a much higher percentage would say yes. Hell there was a thread here yesterday about the Fox News staff being embarrassed by the crap they are told to say on the air.

#6 | Posted by danni at 2017-11-02 08:06 AM | Reply

I think (and this is just my hypothesis) the reason this percentage isn't higher relates to the type of attitude expressed by Stephen Wright when he said "I used to think that the brain was the most fascinating part of the human body, but then I realized... Look what's telling me that."

#7 | Posted by RevDarko at 2017-11-02 08:53 AM | Reply

Our job isn't to inform the people but merely guide them along...

it's a jungle out there. they all lie and tell half truths. and report from the owners preferred perspective not to offend or upset the applecart...

#8 | Posted by AuntieSocial at 2017-11-02 10:04 AM | Reply

Which only goes to prove, the media is better at lying than Trump.

#9 | Posted by Ray at 2017-11-02 07:14 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1