Friday, October 27, 2017

A third woman is accusing former President George H.W. Bush of grabbing her backside -- and making the same corny "David Cop-a-Feel" joke -- three years ago, in a moment caught on camera. In a piece for Slate, author Christina Baker Kline recalled the horrifying butt-grab in April 2014, when she lunched with the Bushes at the Barbara Bush Foundation for Family Literacy Fundraiser. ... "'David Cop-a-feel,' he said, and squeezed my butt, hard, just as the photographer snapped the photo. Instinctively, I swiped his hand away." The Daily Mail reports a fourth woman has accused Bush.

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

If a former president in his 90s can't grab a little butt during pictures, the terrorists win.

Comments

"He's handsy"
"Don't stand next to the President's wheelchair"
"Oh boy, it's happening again"

-Mamma Babs Bush

#1 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2017-10-27 02:21 PM | Reply

Okay, so this definitely shouldn't happen, and I am sure someone will be along shortly to tell me what a hateful, sexist pig I am. However, to equate this to Weinstein and the #metoo movement in any way is just ridiculous.

Whack his hand away and move on. I don't get it.... Which admittedly probably because I am a dude but this seems like much ado about nothing.

#2 | Posted by ABH at 2017-10-27 02:25 PM | Reply

I don't think it's ridiculous. Sexual misconduct doesn't have to be extreme to be worthy of speaking out against.

Unless Bush is suffering reduced mental capability, he knows this butt grab stunt is inappropriate. He deserves to bring a little embarrassment on himself and the family name for repeatedly trying it on young women.

Is this as bad as Weinstein? No. But let's not laugh it off. It's still groping.

#3 | Posted by rcade at 2017-10-27 05:06 PM | Reply

Where did buffalobob go? He was always trying to label GHWB as a huge pedo.

#4 | Posted by eberly at 2017-10-27 05:11 PM | Reply

Anyone who has worked with retarded people knows some of them like to make hugs a little bit more intimate than they're supposed to be.

That's not functionally any different than getting away with it because you're a star.

Presidents are stars too.

#5 | Posted by snoofy at 2017-10-27 05:12 PM | Reply

#3 There is something icky about being pinched, poked or groped by a dirty old man. Believe me.

#6 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2017-10-27 05:18 PM | Reply

And if that dirty old man happens to be famous, it doesn't make it any better. It might make if worse if that dirty old man was someone you admired.

#7 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2017-10-27 05:20 PM | Reply

I'd feel honored if the president grabbed my tush.

#8 | Posted by patron at 2017-10-27 06:02 PM | Reply

Fourth woman accuses George HW Bush of groping

www.dailymail.co.uk

Herbie must be trying to get a plaque just like the -------------------'s.

#9 | Posted by reinheitsgebot at 2017-10-27 07:18 PM | Reply

"Being ballsy is a good thing."

...republican women.

#10 | Posted by woe_is_W at 2017-10-27 09:23 PM | Reply

Did anyone else peg HWB for an ass man?

#11 | Posted by snoofy at 2017-10-27 09:26 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

11 : I would have pegged him as a Quaker oatmeal (wo)man.

#12 | Posted by woe_is_W at 2017-10-27 09:46 PM | Reply

It's funny--Bush is an ass man, while Trump is a bush man.

#13 | Posted by madscientist at 2017-10-27 10:05 PM | Reply

It's funny--Bush is an ass man, while Trump is a bush man.

Posted by madscientist at 2017-10-27 10:05 PM | Reply

Well look who Bush is married to.

"Why should we hear about body bags and deaths? It's not relevant. So why should I waste my beautiful mind on something like that?"

#14 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2017-10-27 10:12 PM | Reply

Baby got back, and I got me some...
-- Poppy

#15 | Posted by catdog at 2017-10-28 06:54 AM | Reply

He may have thought it was Barbara, from behind many women look alike.

#16 | Posted by visitor_ at 2017-10-28 09:39 PM | Reply