Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Sometimes getting people to shout out your cause to the masses requires nothing more than a cup of coffee. Facebook user Lex Cross came up with a creative idea to compel Starbucks baristas into declaring, "Black lives matter." His simple but brilliant idea was to merely write in his name as #BlackLivesMatter on his coffee cup. "So the barista has to shout it to a room full of people when they put my order on the bar," Cross wrote on his Facebook page.

Comments

Scenario...2019, after surrounding the starbucks, a well known gathering place of liberal

dissidents, a disguised officer of Trumpians of the Lord, goes to the counter and writes

on the proffered cup, "you're all under arrest". it can happen here

#1 | Posted by ABlock at 2017-10-25 11:09 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I used to hang at a bar that did team Trivia and the guy running it had a thick Irish accent. One group would name their team "me lucky charms" so that he would have to say it in his accent.

I feel that was a much more clever use of the same ruse.

#2 | Posted by Sully at 2017-10-25 12:40 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Is Starbucks even a thing anymore? Seems that anyone can sell coffee, and the do not need a corporate logo to do so. I live in a city without a Starbucks and it did not diminish the quality of life one bit. Besides Green Bean has better, for about half the cost- but you would not believe where you have to go to get a cup.

#3 | Posted by docnjo at 2017-10-25 01:05 PM | Reply

my Starbucks just kets your coffee sit there. they don't "yell."
i tried it when it was 'I. M. Spartacus.'

#4 | Posted by ichiro at 2017-10-25 01:16 PM | Reply

Old news - the frat boys were doing this 5 years in every Starbucks in every college town.

Ama Negrow, --- Yu and Jayel Hillary ...were pretty funny the first time you heard it.

Not worth $5 to do it again...

#5 | Posted by Pegasus at 2017-10-25 03:05 PM | Reply

Back in the day the underground school newspaper had a contributor named "Hugh G. Rection." More than a little forced, but it always cracks me up to think of it.

#6 | Posted by snoofy at 2017-10-25 05:01 PM | Reply

Red Ruffinsore and Norm Mouspenis are two of my personal faves just for the reaction of the Barista when they read it, much less say it out loud.

#7 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2017-10-25 05:42 PM | Reply

I don't patronize starbucks, but if I did, I would write down "Comrade Stalin."

#8 | Posted by nullifidian at 2017-10-25 05:49 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

I always feel bad for the Starbucks people. They're just there until their indie music career takes off. Then they get caught up in the War on Christmas and fighting police brutality.

#9 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2017-10-25 06:15 PM | Reply

#3 | Posted by docnjo

Well, it is true they don't have many Starbucks in Russia so the odds of you seeing one in your city IS pretty slim.

#10 | Posted by donnerboy at 2017-10-25 06:31 PM | Reply

When did Starbucks start accepting food stamps?

#11 | Posted by bogey1355 at 2017-10-25 07:35 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I would love to see the Starbucks market research on Docnjo's county.

Wikileaks, where are you when we need you?

#12 | Posted by snoofy at 2017-10-26 02:49 AM | Reply

Once people start writing #BlackLivesMatter on a Happy Holidays cup, the confederates in this country are going to piss themselves.

Happy Holidays, everyone!

#13 | Posted by IndianaJones at 2017-10-26 12:11 PM | Reply

When did Starbucks start accepting food stamps?

#11 | POSTED BY BOGEY1355

Starbucks is more liberal, so its customers actually work. I think you are confused with Dunkin Donuts.

#14 | Posted by IndianaJones at 2017-10-26 12:12 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

Protester, struggling actress, and inmate are all occupations. But none of them constitute work. And for the re ord, the local Starbucks is Tea Party Headquarters.

#15 | Posted by bogey1355 at 2017-10-26 08:01 PM | Reply

#12 | Posted by snoofy, Grayson County Texas does not have a Starbucks as far as I know, and I have not seen one in Dallas ether, but there is one at DFW. We have two coffee joints downtown and the both do well.

#16 | Posted by docnjo at 2017-10-27 12:31 PM | Reply