Tuesday, October 24, 2017

On his web series, Bill O'Reilly said that he's "mad at God" for how he's been treated. "You know, am I mad at God? Yeah, I'm mad at him," O'Reilly said. "I wish I had more protection. I wish this stuff didn't happen. I can't explain it to you. Yeah, I'm mad at him. ... If I die tomorrow and I get an opportunity, I'll say, 'Why'd you guys work me over like that? Didn't [you] know my children were going to be punished?" The New York Times reported Friday on a $32 million settlement O'Reilly reached with another woman accusing him of sexual misconduct. He previously settled five other suits for sexual and verbal harassment, paying over $20 million. Those women wish they had more protection too.

Comments

Why won't God change the reality of O'Reilly's behavior?

#1 | Posted by danni at 2017-10-24 12:03 PM | Reply

I guess by the "logic" that god made you and therefore anything you do is technically his fault, he could blame god.

But by that "logic", I could go take a dump on o reilly's face and then I could blame god.

#2 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2017-10-24 12:06 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Bill is the classic bully. Once he's on the receiving end he's a total victim and has no self reflection. It's all about him.

#3 | Posted by Alexandrite at 2017-10-24 12:06 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

Bill O'Rielly is the classic Republican. He calls himself an independent, embraces Republican ideology and when caught being a sexual predator blames it on someone that cannot respond. Just another GOP victim of his own failure seeking to blame it on someone else. At least his publicist had the forethought to talk him out of blaming the women.

#4 | Posted by 726 at 2017-10-24 12:12 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 4

#3 | Posted by Alexandrite

Reminds me of someone else...can't put my finger on it...

#5 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2017-10-24 12:18 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Bill O is a victim of a witch hunt

Sincerely

Rightoecentre

#6 | Posted by ChiefTutMoses at 2017-10-24 12:21 PM | Reply | Funny: 2 | Newsworthy 1

#7 | Posted by Tor at 2017-10-24 12:23 PM | Reply

I suspect that people like O'Reilly convince themselves they are victims not because of the big picture of what they've done but because out of all of the accusations, lawsuits, etc....he probably deserves 90% (I'm grabbing a big number out of the air) but 10% is marginal and perhaps an argument can be made he doesn't deserve it.

But....that 10% gives him the ability to convince himself he is a victim, which is total -------- and nobody will ever but that but they do it anyway.

I worked with a guy years ago that lied about everything he was doing. We were both advertising field reps for a large regional agricultural newspaper. We both traveled different parts of the country but I knew that guy would tell our boss he was in Nebraska calling on customers but he was really in St. Louis with his girlfriend. He turned in receipts for entertainment that was for personal stuff and had nothing to do with business. all of this was done with company car and hotels, etc... He did it all of the time, got busted for some of it from time to time but kept at it....eventually he was fired for it. How did he reconcile all of this with himself? He convinced himself he was a victim of the company's unfair realignment of territories....which technically did affect him slightly financially. But that had NOTHING to do with the shenanigans he had been pulling for 8-10 years.

People always seem to justify their bad behavior for years and years until it catches up with them. Some actually have a coming to Jesus over it and figure out their ill ways and admit their choices landed them where they are.....but folks such as O'Reilly.

#8 | Posted by eberly at 2017-10-24 12:24 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"But Mackris got a sailboat" - Corky

#9 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2017-10-24 12:34 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Keep in mind that this fool knows damn well that everyone has heard the tape. He's blaming God knowing for a fact that anyone who cares has access to evidence of his guilt. That surpasses regular denial and is closer to full blown insanity.

#10 | Posted by Sully at 2017-10-24 12:36 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

sorry...but NOT folks such as O'Reilly.

#11 | Posted by eberly at 2017-10-24 12:37 PM | Reply

His ego won't let him believe he's a cad.

What in the heck did he do that cost 30+ mil? That has to be some crazy stuff.

#12 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2017-10-24 12:38 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

I find it highly amusing that he thinks he's going to heaven in the first place.

#13 | Posted by morris at 2017-10-24 12:40 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

O'Reilly victims should break their confidentiality agreement and team up. What's Fox going to do about it?

#14 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2017-10-24 12:48 PM | Reply

--"But Mackris got a sailboat" - Corky

He's got a sailboat too, and on the main sail is a giant, Stalin-sized portrait of Hillary Rodham.

#15 | Posted by nullifidian at 2017-10-24 12:49 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Once upon a time, Bill O'Reilly was entertaining. That time is long past. He is now both pathetic and reprehensible. The best thing he could do for himself at this point is to just fade into obscurity. There is no argument that he can now win. There is no 'side' that wants him to champion their cause.

#16 | Posted by moder8 at 2017-10-24 12:49 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

"You know, am I mad at God? Yeah, I'm mad at him,"

God is terrified.

#17 | Posted by Zed at 2017-10-24 12:52 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

#15 | POSTED BY NULLIFIDIAN

"I just signed out to peek at who posted" - Plonker

#18 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2017-10-24 12:54 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Imitation may be the sincerest form of flattery, but it shows a distinct lack of creativity.

On Topic.....

Now, when I talked to God, I knew He'd understand
He said, "Stick by my side and I'll be your guiding hand
But don't ask me what I think of you
I might not give the answer that you want me to"
Ooh, well

www.youtube.com

#19 | Posted by Corky at 2017-10-24 12:56 PM | Reply

In oreilly's defense, God has done a lot of things that only a real jagov would even consider. And then he wrote a book bragging about it!

#20 | Posted by Sully at 2017-10-24 12:59 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Half the people on this thread scolding oreilly were parroting his talking points for years.

Guess what? Oreilly has the same warped brain today as he did when he was spouting all the talking points you agreed with. What's that say about you?

#21 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2017-10-24 01:16 PM | Reply

This is a logical endpoint for the "everything is god's plan" people. If everything that happens is part of god's plan then personal responsibility does not even exist. How weak is god if a mere human can make a personal decision and wipe out his plan? If it truly was gods plan and god is omnipotent, then there is nothing a human could do to change it. So Bill was just following gods plan. He shouldn't be punished, right?

This is even more twisted than the evangelical "There is no sin that can't be forgiven so I can do anything and Jesus will forgive all my sins on my death bed" people

#22 | Posted by hatter5183 at 2017-10-24 02:17 PM | Reply

When Bill says "Caution...you're about to enter the no spin zone!!!" and then thrusts his finger forward, toward the camera, is he trying to get us to smell it?

#23 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2017-10-24 02:22 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

#22 | POSTED BY HATTER5183

A truly omnipotent being could shed its own omnipotence to grant free will to others.

Like a monarch that sets up a democracy then steps down as king.

Of course, I'm just running through the logic, not endorsing the existence of a god.

#24 | Posted by IndianaJones at 2017-10-24 02:56 PM | Reply

Bill, I'd imagine God's pretty ticked at you, too.

#25 | Posted by TheTom at 2017-10-24 03:39 PM | Reply

God isn't mad at Bill-O; he offers forgiveness to those who acknowledge and repent for their sins. Bill-O thinks he can get more press by foisting blame for his actions onto his creator, playing the ultimate victim. I'll wager that his creator thinks otherwise...

#26 | Posted by catdog at 2017-10-24 05:42 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

"God isn't mad at Bill-O; he offers forgiveness to those who acknowledge and repent for their sins."

The fact that you probably absolutely BELIEVE that this is true is part of the problem in America.

Because I absolutely BELIEVE this God you are referring to is nothing but a hallucination and the fact that you can BELIEVE that a hallucination can offer forgiveness is quite amazing but indicative of the complex inner workings of our Consciousness.

Saying that God made him do it or the Devil made him do it (neither of which actually exist) is saying the exact same thing and that he had no responsibility for his own actions.

How convenient.

Sort of like claiming a virgin birth instead of admitting to adultery (being as how the punishment for adultery during those times was death).

#27 | Posted by donnerboy at 2017-10-24 07:23 PM | Reply

I would think god has more to worry about than Bill O'Rielly's kids not getting another new car.

#28 | Posted by truthhurts at 2017-10-24 07:46 PM | Reply

He is totally beyond contempt.

#29 | Posted by TedBaxter at 2017-10-24 08:48 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Perhaps Bill should consider suing God. You know, for emotional distress (or maybe even for sexual harassment?). And then offer to settle out of court, perhaps with an NDA.

#30 | Posted by berto42 at 2017-10-25 02:26 AM | Reply

Perhaps Bill should consider suing God.

Ain't happnin, no service of process. volokh.com

#31 | Posted by et_al at 2017-10-25 03:12 AM | Reply

"Bill's willingness to blame God when things don't go his way is a classic trait found in anti-theists."

No it isn't. People who don't believe in God are just as likely to take responsibility for what they do as those who do believe in God. People like O'Reilly are psychopaths and with a payout of 32 million, trust me, there was some psycho s**t going down. I have been totally disgusted by O'Reilly for years, with his stupid "war on Christmas b*****t, he's been making big bucks appealing to the dumbest among us for years. Can't wait for Hannity's comeupance, it's coming. He's just as big of an a*****e as O'Reilly, his day will come too. In the end Bill Maher will look like a saint compared to the Fox a******s who fool stupid people every day for big $$$. If you were ever an O'Reilly fan, and I have relatives who were and I hope they read this, I am laughing at you right now. I've been telling y'all what a jerk he was for far more than a decade.

#32 | Posted by danni at 2017-10-25 06:29 AM | Reply

but wait a minute....

the god he refers to (the god of the talibaptists) does support misogyny and a diminished, subservient role for women.

it actually makes logical sense that he should be mad at that god, because the rules are being changed, just when he needed them most.

#33 | Posted by kudzu at 2017-10-25 07:41 AM | Reply

Well, Liberals have turned this country into one where saying hello to someone of the opposite sex is a crime and can destroy your whole life. Not saying Bill is a victim of this but the very fact it is a possibility just goes to show how bad America has become because a certain group thinks that's how it should be. And don't even try to disagree or you will get protested and put on the front page of every media outlet that you are the worst person ever because you don't agree with something Liberals do.

#34 | Posted by humtake at 2017-10-25 11:44 AM | Reply

- does support misogyny

"dislike of, contempt for, or ingrained prejudice against women."

Only if what you know about women in the Bible is what you heard from tali-baptists.

#35 | Posted by Corky at 2017-10-25 12:01 PM | Reply

"Well, Liberals have turned this country into one where saying hello to someone of the opposite sex is a crime and can destroy your whole life."

Hmm, I'm not quite convinced by your point. Do you have any other examples of something that has never once happened?

#36 | Posted by Derek_Wildstar at 2017-10-25 01:41 PM | Reply

#34 | POSTED BY HUMTAKE

"The very fact that it is a possibility..."

But its not. You're ridiculous, an idiot and a liar.

But this is typical of Conservatives. If something bad happens to someone else, it's their fault. If something bad happens to me, it's God's fault.

Here is a suggestion: When you say "Hello" to a woman, don't grab her ass. And this goes double for Trump when the girl is under 18.

#37 | Posted by Sycophant at 2017-10-25 02:11 PM | Reply

Dear Bill:
I'm more angry than you are. And, oh my, have I got a surprise waiting for you.

--God--

#38 | Posted by e1g1 at 2017-10-25 02:11 PM | Reply

Hello Sailor!

#39 | Posted by snoofy at 2017-10-25 02:19 PM | Reply

#34 | POSTED BY HUMTAKE

Awful lot of typing for no point whatsoever.

#40 | Posted by TheTom at 2017-10-25 03:18 PM | Reply

The more I think about it, the funnier it is. He's on tape.

If you're on tape, that wasn't the first pervy phone call. She had to prepare in order to tape him. That means that based on previous experience she knew what to expect.

And this jackass still thinks he's literally more credible than God on this!

#41 | Posted by Sully at 2017-10-25 03:45 PM | Reply

"If I die tomorrow and I get an opportunity, I'll say, 'Why'd you guys work me over like that?"

Wait. How many gods does Bill believe in? "you guys"

#42 | Posted by lfthndthrds at 2017-10-26 10:05 AM | Reply

Bill should read that best of all Bible fictions, The Book of Job, Satan tells God that Satan will test Job and show how weak his faith is, and God lets him. Job loses everything in a spectacular fashion but never questions or blames God.

Unlike Bill.

#43 | Posted by randomcanyon at 2017-10-26 11:05 AM | Reply

"Wait. How many gods does Bill believe in? "you guys"

He's Catholic. Holy Trinity = Father, Son, and Holy Spirit

It's assumed you can talk to the first two, while the third flies around much like Tinkerbell.

So he's talking to...you know, Jesus & His Dad.

#44 | Posted by Danforth at 2017-10-26 11:18 AM | Reply

I think he believe Mary, Joe, Jesus, the apostles, Mary the ho, basically the A list bible people will all be there to welcome him.
The guy has an ego bigger than trump, or even Arthur Fonzarelli.

#45 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2017-10-26 11:58 AM | Reply

He thinks they all watched The Factor too.

#46 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2017-10-26 11:58 AM | Reply

"Mary the ho"

LOL

I read recently that they made her a "ho" to add drama to the benevolence of Jesus (200-300 years after it happened) and that she wasn't really a ho.

The Fonz...nothing that actor ever did before nor after was even remotely a masculine role.

He was an absolute ----- in The Waterboy.

But he sure was a stud in Happy Days.

#47 | Posted by eberly at 2017-10-26 12:10 PM | Reply

Winkler has some great roles.
I loved him in Arrested Development.

#48 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2017-10-26 12:20 PM | Reply

I quit watching AD before he was on it. I should go back and continue.

#49 | Posted by eberly at 2017-10-26 12:27 PM | Reply

Winkler played a hood in Lords of Flatbush. I think that is how he became Fonzie.

#50 | Posted by Sully at 2017-10-26 12:35 PM | Reply

No throwing shade at Fonzie! And Winkler was hysterical in The Waterboy.

#51 | Posted by moder8 at 2017-10-26 12:38 PM | Reply

In Lords of Flatbush he was just a little minion for Stallone.

I like him. I liked him in that doctor in the hamptons show....the doctor that made housecalls in the Hamptons...Winkler played his dad.

#52 | Posted by eberly at 2017-10-26 12:40 PM | Reply

Royal Pains...just thought of it.

#53 | Posted by eberly at 2017-10-26 12:40 PM | Reply