Monday, October 23, 2017

LOWELL, Mass. -- A Massachusetts town is mourning the loss of a young boy who was mauled to death by two pit bulls.

CBS Boston reports the 7-year-old boy was attacked at around 6 p.m. Saturday in Lowell.

The Middlesex district attorney's office says a preliminary investigation suggests the boy was attacked after entering a fenced-in area where the dogs were kept.

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

Neighbor Roger Rodriguez said he couldn't imagine the dogs would hurt anyone.

"The dogs to me were very mellow dogs, very nice. I used to play with the dogs sometimes," Rodriguez said. "It's too bad, all of my prayers go to the family."

Comments

It must be "the way they were raised"

#1 | Posted by lfthndthrds at 2017-10-23 11:25 AM | Reply

Did the 7 year old climb over a fence?

If the gates were closed, the dogs fenced in, then it is a tragic accident that would have been avoided if the child understood personal property and trespassing.

If the gates were open, the fenced area not closed, then the owner is negligent and should be held responsible.

How did the dog get loose? I'm puzzled at this.

Also, people watched. Really? Must have been a gun-free zone.

#2 | Posted by Petrous at 2017-10-23 11:44 AM | Reply

The owner should be prosecuted, those dogs were like a loaded gun laying around. Sickening. I had afreind with pit bulls who always said how great they were. Then one of them attacked him and hurt him pretty badly. I don't want them anywhere near me or my family.

#3 | Posted by danni at 2017-10-23 11:51 AM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

What was the kids wearing?

#4 | Posted by bored at 2017-10-23 12:21 PM | Reply

The last few times I had contact with a pit it wasn't pleasant. the last time was less than a year ago when a one tried to rip my dogs throat out at a La Quinta hotel. had to have my pooch stapled back together.

#5 | Posted by lfthndthrds at 2017-10-23 12:28 PM | Reply

I loathe pitbulls. Have "known" plenty, and still never trusted them around me.
Too powerful, too capable of destruction.

The poor kids family must be devastated.

The article I read said he had a milk bone necklace and shoes that squeaked.

#6 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2017-10-23 12:30 PM | Reply

#3 | Posted by danni

I leave mine loaded all the time and it has never shot anyone. I guess I just have a well trained pistol.

#7 | Posted by Sniper at 2017-10-23 01:59 PM | Reply

That is the second time recently I've seen you claim that you just leave your gun lying around loaded:

"I loaded my AR and chambered a round last night and put it on the table."

You're not really helping your argument by showing how little concerned you are about basic gun safety.

#8 | Posted by Derek_Wildstar at 2017-10-23 02:13 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I remember before pitbulls it was rottweilers, before them -- German shepherds. In reality the common denominator is crap owners.

#9 | Posted by IndianaJones at 2017-10-23 05:22 PM | Reply

Crap owners yes, but well treated dogs do go nuts sometimes, and if its a breed that was bread to be a killing machine, it's going to turn out much worse than if it's, say, a bichon frisé.

#10 | Posted by Snowfake at 2017-10-23 06:58 PM | Reply

71% of dog attacks are caused by pit-bulls.

#11 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2017-10-23 07:06 PM | Reply

John Wick's pit seems really well behaved.

#12 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2017-10-23 08:31 PM | Reply

You idiot pitbull haters need to do a little in-depth research. It's not the dog, it's the disgusting humans that raise them.

#13 | Posted by Angrydad at 2017-10-24 08:04 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Nope, it's the dog.
As was mentioned earlier, when other dogs snap it's not nearly as devastating as when a Pit attacks.

The dogs were breed to be able to kick ass and they do.

The owners are always creeps too. Except for the Rescue people. They're just saps.

#14 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2017-10-24 12:09 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

#14 | Posted by 101Chairborne