Sunday, October 08, 2017

The Guardian: A retired FBI agent has launched a cold case review into identifying those who may have betrayed the hiding place of Anne Frank and her family to the Gestapo in 1944. Investigative techniques developed in the past decade, including the crunching of big data to uncover leads, are to be used by a team of 19 forensic experts led by Vince Pankoke. ... Pankoke, who has worked in recent years tackling Colombian drug cartels through undercover investigations, said: "We are not trying to point fingers or prosecute. I am just trying to solve the last case of my career. There is no statute of limitation on the truth."

Comments

I think I actually would like to know who the evil bastard was that turned in Anne Frank. I know she was just one of many millions but we have become very fond of her because of her diary. All of those who turned in Jews should burn in hell forever, if hell is really such a thing as hell.

#1 | Posted by danni at 2017-10-08 09:05 AM | Reply

And so it goes!

#2 | Posted by Crassus at 2017-10-08 09:14 AM | Reply

in the context of WW2 it's a puerile undertaking. Annes' story has attained the status of an

allegory on war. his attempt carries with it the distinct possibility of diluting the message

her story conveys, i.e. it turns out it was the next door neighbor experiencing a bout of

schadenfreude. let her rest in peace and allow her story to continue to inspire.

#3 | Posted by ABlock at 2017-10-08 11:28 AM | Reply

Soros

#4 | Posted by Sully at 2017-10-08 11:54 AM | Reply

#4 | POSTED BY SULLY

sore ass

#5 | Posted by ABlock at 2017-10-08 12:03 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"Investigative techniques developed in the past decade, including the crunching of big data to uncover leads"

This is why the NSA has our metadata. So they can find who's protecting undesirables like Anne Frank.

#6 | Posted by snoofy at 2017-10-08 12:09 PM | Reply

#7 | Posted by HanoverFist at 2017-10-08 12:25 PM | Reply

"If her last name was Netanyahu, Danni would go back in time to turn Anne in herself."

Even if she were a he and was the Prime minister of Israel coming to America to insult President Obama, as he did with the help of the despicable Republicans, I would still shield his worthless ass from the Nazis which is far more the he or you would do for anyone else.

#8 | Posted by danni at 2017-10-08 12:35 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

You would make sure she had a "slow and painful death"

#9 | Posted by HanoverFist at 2017-10-08 12:39 PM | Reply

#7 | Posted by HanoverFist at 2017-10-08 12:25 PM | Reply | Flag:

That's over the top and very uncalled for.

#10 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2017-10-08 01:00 PM | Reply

Anne's last diary entry:

"Dear diary, to day I got to practice with the drum set that Momma got me for my birthday."

//too soon?

#11 | Posted by maxis_mydog at 2017-10-09 10:07 AM | Reply

Anne's last diary entry:
//too soon?

#11 | POSTED BY MAXIS_MYDOG

Man...did you hear?..Max the dog got ran over by a karma, i think it was a volkswagon

#12 | Posted by ABlock at 2017-10-09 12:01 PM | Reply