Saturday, September 16, 2017

Sammy Musovic was planning to buy a condo in Miami's Coconut Grove or South Beach at the end of the year, leaving his Manhattan restaurant business to his two sons. But the devastation from Hurricane Irma, fresh on the heels of Hurricane Harvey, which plowed into Houston late last month, has some retirees and soon-to-be retirees like Musovic second-guessing their decision. "I was going to retire and go to Florida, but now I'm definitely reconsidering," the 55-year-old Musovic said after Hurricane Irma wreaked havoc on Florida. "I want to feel comfortable and enjoy myself, I don't want to feel like I'm in danger."

Comments

Just don't come to Cali. We have enough people already. Also, there are murderous earthquakes. Nope. You don't even want to live here.

#1 | Posted by nullifidian at 2017-09-16 09:59 AM | Reply

Make Florida Great Again!

#2 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2017-09-16 11:27 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

If I were a northern retiree, I wouldn't want to go to Miami either. There are much better spots for settling down, both inland or gulf side, than the crowds of south Florida.

#3 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2017-09-16 11:31 AM | Reply

I am thinking of getting a place with a few acres in Hawaii for winters. Hurricaines don't seem to be as severe there. The PNW is awesome in the summer except for wildfire smoke.

#4 | Posted by bored at 2017-09-16 11:41 AM | Reply

According to AGW theory, Florida will be underwater soon.
Why are liberals not moving out?

#5 | Posted by Ray at 2017-09-16 04:45 PM | Reply

When you no longer want to work or no longer have to work, consider a small town in the Midwest. The winters are getting milder, and many towns of 5,000 to 15,000 residents have excellent schools, parks, streets and sanitation, hospitals, police and fire. And of course, avoid living on a flood plain.

#6 | Posted by john47 at 2017-09-17 07:32 AM | Reply

Maybe they should move to South carolina and visit florida.

#7 | Posted by Tor at 2017-09-17 03:54 PM | Reply