Monday, September 11, 2017

When Apple unveils its new top-of-the-line iPhone on Tuesday, it isn't just expected to offer features like infrared facial recognition and wireless charging for the first time. The company will also enter new territory on price: The latest phone will start at about $1,000, compared with the $769 minimum for its current top phone, the iPhone 7 Plus. "It's a whole new threshold," said Debby Ruth, a senior vice president at the tech consulting firm Frank N. Magid Associates. I really do think it's going to make people pause." ... The new phone will cost as much as the company's entry-level MacBook Air laptop.

Comments

The frightening part is that the Apple fans will jump all over the new iPhone, and buy it up in such quantity that Apple will be convinced it has a new price point for iPhones.

#1 | Posted by LampLighter at 2017-09-11 03:03 PM | Reply

The greater fools are all queuing up now in high-end malls across the land...

#2 | Posted by catdog at 2017-09-11 03:29 PM | Reply

I wonder what it does? I haven't had much interest in the last few generations of smartphone "features".

#3 | Posted by REDIAL at 2017-09-11 06:49 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I like my waterproof phone, fun for beach pictures, but I haven't seen new features I would spend money on.
What I really want is a phone that charges everyone who calls me $5, except for the people I put on the free call list.
If you aren't willing to buy me coffee, do not call me.

#4 | Posted by bored at 2017-09-11 09:32 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

They have a waterproof phone?

#5 | Posted by REDIAL at 2017-09-11 09:34 PM | Reply

Hipsters everywhere will pay with joy in their hearts!

#6 | Posted by lfthndthrds at 2017-09-11 10:04 PM | Reply

And with the money in their wallets.

#7 | Posted by REDIAL at 2017-09-11 10:32 PM | Reply

" I'll take, trump supporters...junkies and apple fan-boys for $300 Alex "

#8 | Posted by ABlock at 2017-09-11 10:36 PM | Reply

Mmmmmm I love it! Stock price up 58%! Keep buying their crap!!!!

#9 | Posted by 726 at 2017-09-12 07:02 AM | Reply

This is no different than people that buy luxury cars that have worse safety and dependability ratings than a non-luxury brand. driving.ca

I

#10 | Posted by 726 at 2017-09-12 07:52 AM | Reply

I wish they would make them in plastic again. Glass is too subject to impact.

#11 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2017-09-12 09:57 AM | Reply