Saturday, August 12, 2017

If Amazon's drone delivery service is to ever get off the ground, it'll need some major infrastructure upgrades to support it. Previous patent documents have shown that these drones might be restocked and recharged in huge hives or launched from airborne blimps, and a new patent awarded to the retail giant could see drones being patched up and launched from mobile maintenance facilities carted around on the back of trains, trucks and ships.

Amazon calls the mobile facilities "intermodal vehicles", and they essentially look like shipping containers with mini fulfillment centers inside them.

Comments

Hmmmm sounds like I need to get a .22 long rifle. Finally got a justifiable reason to buy one and hit the range. Only question now pump or lever action hmmmm sounds like they are getting closer to making this work.

#1 | Posted by PinkyanTheBrain at 2017-08-12 02:35 PM | Reply

Finally got a justifiable reason to buy one and hit the range.

Also a justifiable reason for not allowing some people to buy guns.

#2 | Posted by REDIAL at 2017-08-12 02:58 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

No worries Redial... I'll gladly score you something special.... Plus I'd be shooting them outside the city limits, out in the hicks as to not rain bullets down on someone. What do you want I-phone, pair of panties?

#3 | Posted by PinkyanTheBrain at 2017-08-12 03:46 PM | Reply

Plus I'd be shooting them outside the city limits

As if that makes a difference.

#4 | Posted by REDIAL at 2017-08-12 03:50 PM | Reply

My first thought when I initially read the article...

"This is not going to end well."

#5 | Posted by LampLighter at 2017-08-12 03:52 PM | Reply

#4 Pink poka-dotted panties it is for you then....

But honestly I wouldn't do that, I'm not a thief. But it wouldn't be any different then hunting.

However I'm betting if they do decide to do this it will happen. Sorry it's a good, bad idea.

#6 | Posted by PinkyanTheBrain at 2017-08-12 04:33 PM | Reply

So you're just a troll then? Thought so. Enjoy the day.

#7 | Posted by REDIAL at 2017-08-12 04:57 PM | Reply

Idk if you can call my #1 trolling. More like satire, and pointing out a flaw in their plan. But call it what you want. You have a good day too.

#8 | Posted by PinkyanTheBrain at 2017-08-12 05:03 PM | Reply

It's all fun and games until your area is declared hostile airspace and future package drones are escorted by fighter drones to take out any hostile actor ;).

#9 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2017-08-12 05:21 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Lol noles. Oddly I live near SAC and the air space above my house is (for real not joking) restricted. Only, med flights, police, and military are allowed. So Idk if I could get a delivery by drone or not? Hmmm I'll let you know when I do.

#10 | Posted by PinkyanTheBrain at 2017-08-12 05:28 PM | Reply