Friday, August 11, 2017

Richard Spencer says he will follow any order the president gives on transgender troops, but that "any patriot" should be allowed to serve. "We will process and take direction of a policy that is developed by the [Defense] secretary [with] direction from the president and march out smartly," Richard Spencer told reporters Thursday night...

"On a fundamental basis, any patriot that wants to serve and meets all the requirements should be able to serve in our military."

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

"I totally believe that policy should be developed at the [Department of Defense] level, and then discussed and socialized and deployed and then obeyed," he continued. "We have to work together, including all our service people, to make sure that they are given what they need, whether that be spiritually, whether that be psychologically, whether that's materialistically, to fight forward so that -- so readiness is the key and lethality is the product."

Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Joseph Dunford has said the military's transgender policy will remain unchanged until the White House send the Pentagon over an official directive, which has yet to happen.

Comments

No fatbodies, pls.

#1 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2017-08-11 11:13 PM | Reply

I hope you never run into that fat body Noles because I suspect he will kick your ass. And rightly so. You really are a jerk and exactly what I expect from the Tallahassee social circle. And, trust me Noles, I do know Tallahassee.

#2 | Posted by danni at 2017-08-12 07:32 AM | Reply

#3 | Posted by danni at 2017-08-12 07:32 AM | Reply

How does that guy stay in the military? Usually, if people get real fat like that, they are placed on forced diets and PT routines, and if unsuccessful, are discharged.

#4 | Posted by kudzu at 2017-08-12 10:30 AM | Reply

There's a Tallahassee social circle?

Who knew? Do they have a magazine?

#5 | Posted by WhiteDevil at 2017-08-12 11:20 AM | Reply

Forget it, Jake. It's Tallahassee.

#6 | Posted by TheTom at 2017-08-12 11:20 AM | Reply

Being in the Military is not a right.

#7 | Posted by Federalist at 2017-08-12 11:34 AM | Reply

The guy has to be National Guard or Army Reserve. No way he's active duty. There is a weight control program for every man basically over 20% body fat, and lower for certain ages.

I was in the Army in Hawaii and we had a kid there. I'll use his first name, Eric. He was on the weight control program and was close to getting kicked out of the Army. Then he lost a lot of weight--over 15 pounds--in only one month and was making great progress. Goes home for thanksgiving, comes back up 20. He gained 20 pounds over Thanksgiving week! So now he's got a weigh-in in a few days and he knows he's probably not going to make it unless the commander intervenes and gives him another chance.

Anyway, he's arguing with another guy about Cinnabon. He loves Cinnabons, and thinks he could eat 4 of them. Platoon Sergeant, James, says that's BS. Nobody can eat more than 2 Cinnabons, even James himself, and he's an exercise fanatic who can put away 5000 calories a day no problem. Naturallly, we start taking bets on who could eat more Cinnabons, Eric or James. And we scheduled the contest for Friday morning right after PT, 3 days away. Word gets around and soon enough we have over 30 people betting on who could eat more Cinnabons.

Sergeant Major finds out about it, comes into our section and starts raising holy hell. Says he wants the names of all the NCO's who made a bet as to whether a private on the weight control program could eat 15,000 calories worth of cinnamon rolls a week before his final Army weigh-in, after which he may get kicked out. I met with him, and admitted that I bet on my PSG, James. I said that he was far fitter, but also more proud. He would eat more even if puking if he would win the bet. I doubted Eric's commitment to go that far. He said he admired my candor and my thinking, but not the act itself. Counseling statement for me, delivered by him personally (couldn't be by James, after all).

Point is, Eric on his worst day looked much better than the turd in the photo. I would think there's no way he's Army AD. But the Army is different today than then, too. So I dont know.

#8 | Posted by WhiteDevil at 2017-08-12 09:18 PM | Reply

When I was in, we had to pass a PT test. Who wants to pack out a 400 lb fat === when he gets shot?

#9 | Posted by Sniper at 2017-08-13 02:57 PM | Reply

"Who wants to pack out a 400 lb fat === when he gets shot?"

It's actually easier, nothing to lift, you just roll them out!

But I'll highlight the words in the quote which speak directly to the concern you're trolling with:

"any patriot that wants to serve and meets all the requirements should be able to"

#10 | Posted by snoofy at 2017-08-13 03:07 PM | Reply