Friday, August 11, 2017

Data visualization artist Neil Halloran has a knack for turning incomprehensibly large and complex data sets into content that's both coherent and engrossing. In his latest project, the filmmaker uses his skills to convey the unthinkable: the total number of deaths caused by an all-out nuclear war.

Comments

You people worry too ungodly much. I swear.

#1 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2017-08-11 09:57 PM | Reply

I'm not really worried about global nuclear war. But I wouldn't live in Seoul if you paid me.

#2 | Posted by Zed at 2017-08-11 10:05 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

So, I worry about the South Koreans. Donald won't, so I'm stepping up.

#3 | Posted by Zed at 2017-08-11 10:06 PM | Reply

Here's a moment also to worry about the US servicemen stationed in South Korea, and women and children on both sides of the DMZ.

#4 | Posted by Zed at 2017-08-11 10:33 PM | Reply

Definitely not moving towards less things to worry about Laura. Did you see he tweeted pictures of bombers and said he was ready to go tonight?

#5 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2017-08-11 10:52 PM | Reply

_(©©)_/ what, me worry?

Everyone over the past two years on every topic except she who shall not be named.

#6 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2017-08-11 11:06 PM | Reply

Hey Laura....I hate to say this, but in this circumstance ---- off!

This is the exact reason you should have voted for the "war monger" Hillary.

I.T.O.L.D.Y.O.U.S.O.

#7 | Posted by bocaink at 2017-08-12 01:15 AM | Reply

All die...

#8 | Posted by Greatamerican at 2017-08-12 01:28 AM | Reply

Hey Laura....I hate to say this, but in this circumstance ---- off!
This is the exact reason you should have voted for the "war monger" Hillary.
I.T.O.L.D.Y.O.U.S.O.

POSTED BY BOCAINK AT 2017-08-12 01:15 AM | REPLY

Easy off???
Bake Off???
Sound Off???
Switch Off???
Take Off???
Lift Off???

#9 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2017-08-12 01:57 AM | Reply

You people worry too ungodly much. I swear.

#1 | POSTED BY LAURAMOHR

Ummmm you sniff (well...did) leaded gasoline and drink raw milk...

#10 | Posted by jpw at 2017-08-12 02:19 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

Ummmm you sniff (well...did) leaded gasoline and drink raw milk...

Posted by jpw at 2017-08-12 02:19 AM | Reply

None of which has ever had any negative effects upon my mind I can assure you.

#11 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2017-08-12 02:44 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

None of which has ever had any negative effects upon my mind I can assure you.

#11 | POSTED BY LAURAMOHR

But if they did, would you be able to tell? Hmmmmmmm

#12 | Posted by jpw at 2017-08-12 03:36 AM | Reply

None of which has ever had any negative effects upon my mind I can assure you.

#11 | POSTED BY LAURAMOHR

(Bill Lumbergh): Umm yeah. If you could show some documented proof, that would be great, yeah.

#13 | Posted by bocaink at 2017-08-12 09:11 AM | Reply

"BBC's Sebastian Gorka interview prompts disbelief as national security adviser says US will be ready to act

Sebastian Gorka said the Trump administration will be decisive when the time comes to take action Alex Wong/Getty Images
One of Donald Trump's national security advisers gave a "terrifying" interview on British radio, prompting disbelief among listeners.

Sebastian Gorka, the deputy assistant to the US President, told Radio 4's Today programme that the threats from North Korea should be taken "seriously" and that there should be no doubts about the Trump's administration "decisiveness" when time will come to act.

A hardliner in the White House, Mr Gorka also dismissed the idea that Secretary of State Rex Tillerson would discuss military matters with North Korea as "nonsensical". "

Independent

#14 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2017-08-12 10:23 AM | Reply

Will there be a nuclear war in the next 3 1/2 years?

#15 | Posted by Sniper at 2017-08-12 05:27 PM | Reply

How many died when a dem touched off 2 nuclear bombs?

#16 | Posted by Sniper at 2017-08-14 11:09 AM | Reply