Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Since the 1980's, the US has caught and imprisoned over a dozen people who were spying on American government agencies and corporations. So we catch Chinese spies once every few years. With that kind of frequency, you'd probably assume that China doesn't have that many intelligence assets in America at any given time. Based on those numbers, a safe estimate would be in the hundreds, or perhaps thousands.

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

But it turns out that those estimates would be incredible low. According to Guo Wengui, a billionaire investor who has fled China and moved to New York since becoming a major critic of the Chinese regime, there are probably 25,000 spies in America who are working for Beijing.

Those numbers are derived from what he claims, are his close ties to multiple Chinese intelligence agencies. That may sound far fetched to most Americans, but in China the public and private sectors are closely aligned. They're practically the same entity. So we should take his warnings very seriously, which were brought up in a recent interview with The Freebeacon.

Comments

No-one would think it might be Mustang, right? I mean, Snoofy would be too obvious.

#1 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2017-07-12 07:02 PM | Reply

Sure as hell isn't me.

there are probably 25,000 spies in America

Just some misinformation that will make us chase our own tail.

There are zero Chinese spies in Amree... $&#@$%... AMERICA.

#2 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2017-07-12 07:08 PM | Reply

Wang Chung Tonight.

#3 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2017-07-12 07:13 PM | Reply

Even TrumpRats are good eatin' in China, from what I hear.

i.dailymail.co.uk

#4 | Posted by Corky at 2017-07-12 08:07 PM | Reply

#4 I should have it would be Corky who be the first to spread the Chinese propaganda.

Communism is a lie, Corky. Wake up! The property owners do not have to be killed just because they own homes and have cars, and have no dirt under their fingernails!

Remember when you where told that for every man who lives in luxury, ten men must suffer in poverty? Well, America proved that saying wrong!

Recant, Comrade. Recant, recant, recant!

#5 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2017-07-12 08:26 PM | Reply

"Sure as hell isn't me."

#2 | Posted by J_Tremain

No, you are obviously a spy for Texas, Johnny Tremain.

#6 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2017-07-12 08:30 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

No, you are obviously a spy for Texas, Johnny Tremain.

Posted by HeliumRat at 2017-07-12 08:30 PM | Reply

ROFLMMFAO Tears hehehehe OMFG teeheehee.

#7 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2017-07-12 08:38 PM | Reply

I'm not a Chinese spy.

They just offered me some bootlegged copies of the new Star Wars movies. But they didn't have them as promised.

Let me find this email exchange that will exonerate me...just a sec...

#8 | Posted by jpw at 2017-07-12 09:42 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

I doubt that they could hire that many spies here because they would have to pay them more than 50 cents per hour.

#9 | Posted by danni at 2017-07-12 11:12 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

I hate it when their criminals outsmart our criminals.

#10 | Posted by kudzu at 2017-07-13 08:08 AM | Reply

#1 So sorry I take so long to respond. Was cooking very fine stir fry rice.

#2 No...of COURSE not, Chonny...you NEVER post anything remotely pro-China...I mean, you clearly stated you weren't a Chinese spy, which is good enough for us!

#9 They don't have to hire them. A large percentage are university students and employees, keeping an eye on technological advances. In many cases, those students move on to careers with technology firms working at one level or the other with the defense industry. Many are here under duress, told that the safety of their family is contingent on their allegiance.

#11 | Posted by MUSTANG at 2017-07-13 09:15 AM | Reply

Regarding the Defense industry, I doubt an immigrant could pass a SSBI if they have non-US citizen parents who currently live a "red zone," as in your hypothetical scenario.

#12 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2017-07-13 09:28 AM | Reply

#12 No, but they can write software code, work in facilities that manufacture integrated circuits, etc... OEMs that provide components or code that work their way up the supply chain into defense articles are prime targets for China. In most of those cases, clearances aren't even required. But that's not the biggest threat, at least not as I see it. Chinese nationals are absolutely running free in our university research departments, with access to every new breakthrough.

#13 | Posted by MUSTANG at 2017-07-13 09:42 AM | Reply

you clearly stated you weren't a Chinese spy, which is good enough for us!

You betcha!

#14 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2017-07-13 09:54 AM | Reply

#14 I was being facetious. If you're not a Chinese plant, then you're the worst sort of sinophile.

#15 | Posted by MUSTANG at 2017-07-13 10:57 AM | Reply

So was I.

I know darn well anyone who likes egg rolls and wonton soup gets to be "the worst sort of sinophile" in your book.

Enjoy your boiled potatoes and pea soup.

#16 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2017-07-13 11:26 AM | Reply

And yes, I'm part communist. I have said so before and won't apologize for it.

Communists are richer than Capitalists these days. There is much to admire.

But holding that against me is just silly.

#17 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2017-07-13 11:29 AM | Reply