Wednesday, July 12, 2017

A new Monmouth poll out on Monday put a numerical value on how [New Jersey Republican Gov. Chris] Christie's constituents think he's doing, as polls do, and it wasn't pretty to the tune of an approval rating of 15 percent with 80 percent disapproving of the job the governor is doing. Ouch. The Monmouth poll was taken July 6 to 9, making it the first to incorporate New Jersey residents' feelings about their governor lounging with his family alone on a public beach that had been closed due to the state government's shutdown ahead of the Fourth of July holiday. Needless to say, almost everyone had seen the aerial photos and they weren't too impressed.

Comments

Is he running for office again?

#1 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2017-07-12 04:21 PM | Reply

He's not running for office again, so the Food King doesn't care. I'll wager he is fiercely lobbying The Dong for a job as US Attorney, maybe an ambassador to some small country in a warm climate, or--heaven forbid--a federal judgeship. CC gots to have some government job that involves a nice paycheck and no voters to question him...

#2 | Posted by catdog at 2017-07-12 04:36 PM | Reply

That high? Wow. I guess some people are just irretrievably stupid.

#3 | Posted by DarkVader at 2017-07-12 04:40 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Obligatory.

#4 | Posted by reinheitsgebot at 2017-07-12 04:49 PM | Reply | Funny: 3

#2 | POSTED BY CATDOG AT 2017-07-12 04:36 PM | FLAG:

Last I read, he was auditioning for an AM radio gig.

#5 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2017-07-12 04:51 PM | Reply

"BEACHED" and "WHALE" hahahaha.

#6 | Posted by IndianaJones at 2017-07-12 05:24 PM | Reply

That high? Wow. I guess some people are just irretrievably stupid.
#3 | POSTED BY DARKVADER

Seriously, how is it not 0%?

#7 | Posted by TFDNihilist at 2017-07-12 05:41 PM | Reply

also obligatory

www.youtube.com

#8 | Posted by Corky at 2017-07-12 07:01 PM | Reply

"I'll wager he is fiercely lobbying The Dong for a job as US Attorney, maybe an ambassador to some small country in a warm climate, or--heaven forbid--a federal judgeship."

Hopefully that isn't his only plan... all his support for the Trump campaign won him was plummeting approval ratings and national ridicule. He'd be a shoe-in for an "angry guy on the radio" gig.

#9 | Posted by DirkStruan at 2017-07-12 07:20 PM | Reply

After that beach stunt I don't care if you have a R, D or I after your name his approval rating should be at -10.

#10 | Posted by gracieamazed at 2017-07-12 08:08 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Posted by gracieamazed at 2017-07-12 08:08 PM | Reply

Bares repeating.

#11 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2017-07-12 08:27 PM | Reply

Bares? BARES?!? Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick. BARES?!?!?!?!?

Mein Gott im Himmel...What the ---- is WRONG with you people???!!!

Why can't you people even spell the simplest of homophones?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111

It's: BEARS REPEATING.

Write it three times:

Bears repeating
Bears repeating
Bears repeating

Exit, stage left, as ya do... ^__^

Be well.

#12 | Posted by madscientist at 2017-07-12 09:11 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

giphy.com

#13 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2017-07-12 09:18 PM | Reply

#14 | Posted by madscientist at 2017-07-12 09:20 PM | Reply

"Mein Gott im Himmel...What the ---- is WRONG with you people???!!!
Why can't you people even spell the simplest of homophones?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?"

Hey! Who're you calling a homophone?

#15 | Posted by DirkStruan at 2017-07-12 09:56 PM | Reply

#12 good to hear from you spud.

#16 | Posted by bruceaz at 2017-07-12 10:09 PM | Reply

Homophone? Is that a new Apple product?

#17 | Posted by truthhurts at 2017-07-12 10:24 PM | Reply

"#12 good to hear from you spud."

That was Spud and all this time I'm too dumb to know? REally? Makes me happy. Spud was good people.

#18 | Posted by danni at 2017-07-12 11:09 PM | Reply

Me, too. I've liked MS lately but we fought before.... I'm feeling very used and fragile at the moment.

Damn you, Tater!

#19 | Posted by Corky at 2017-07-12 11:11 PM | Reply

They give Chris Christie 15% approval because they don't go below 15% approval, in reality he could be as low as 1% approval. Hitler would have gotten 15% approval.

#20 | Posted by danni at 2017-07-12 11:14 PM | Reply

#21 | Posted by danni at 2017-07-12 11:14 PM | Reply

--Selah--

#22 | Posted by madscientist at 2017-07-13 06:28 AM | Reply

--Selah--

One of my favorite old Hebrew werds. I like the def; "Think of it!" or "Imagine that!", although there are many.

Hunter S. Thompson used it often. He may have meant, "heavy".

#23 | Posted by Corky at 2017-07-13 05:25 PM | Reply

Homophone? Is that a new Apple product?
#17 | POSTED BY TRUTHHURTS

Yup, goes on sale during Pride 2018.

#24 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2017-07-13 07:56 PM | Reply

i.imgflip.com

HAHAHAHA

#25 | Posted by 726 at 2017-07-14 09:10 AM | Reply

"I am not the man. The Great Tater is one whom the straps of whose sandals I am not worthy to stoop down and untie."

You are great but I appreciate your humbleness when thought to be the Great Tater!

#26 | Posted by danni at 2017-07-14 09:13 AM | Reply

All praise to the mighty Tater of Death.

It gives me great hope that someday I too may snatch the pebble and finally leave the Temple forever.

#27 | Posted by donnerboy at 2017-07-14 02:29 PM | Reply