Tuesday, July 11, 2017

In 2015, as many as 17 percent of married couples were of different races, according to a recent Pew Research Center report. ... In 2017, some 39 percent of Americans said interracial marriage was a good thing for society, an increase from 24 percent in 2010. Acceptance is even higher among certain demographic groups: More than half of Americans between the ages of 18 and 29, and those with at least a bachelor's degree, say interracial marriage is a "good thing" for US society. "My generation was bitterly divided over something that should have been so clear and right. ... But I have lived long enough now to see big changes," wrote Mildred Loving in 2007.

Comments

Surprised "approval" isn't higher. It is 2017, after all.

#1 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2017-07-11 11:03 AM | Reply

"It is 2017, after all"

not in skidmark Idaho or any of those other "heartland" crapholes

#2 | Posted by ChiefTutMoses at 2017-07-11 11:29 AM | Reply

Growing Acceptance of Interracial Marriage in U.S.

Along with declining acceptance of marriage itself.

The liberal assault on the institution of marriage has worked. Now "it takes a village" instead of mom and dad.

#3 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2017-07-11 11:50 AM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

Liberal assault? The "nuclear family" era led to the highest divorce rate ever, and is just now trending down.

#4 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2017-07-11 11:55 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

My marriage is interracial.

I'm white and my wife is from Texas.

#5 | Posted by lfthndthrds at 2017-07-11 12:12 PM | Reply | Funny: 3

The only ones not approving is black women. Watch a black woman's face when a black man and white woman walk by hand in hand..

#6 | Posted by boaz at 2017-07-11 01:26 PM | Reply

Tremain,

Good post at #3. You keep making sense like this and I will start to think I'M Pakistani..

#7 | Posted by boaz at 2017-07-11 01:27 PM | Reply

In buffalo people still talk if a Mick marries a ---, pole, or -----.

#8 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2017-07-11 01:32 PM | Reply

"In buffalo people still talk if a Mick marries a ---, pole, or -----"

They also root for an NFL football and NHL hockey team that haven't won a championship in their combined 95+ years of existence.

Some forms of stupid just cannot be fixed.

#9 | Posted by pumpkinhead at 2017-07-11 01:35 PM | Reply

The Bills' fans are the worst. I offer no defense of those critters.
At least the Sabres entertained us (the last 4 years have been tough. Back when there were more fights in the games it didn't matter if your team sucked as long as you put a beating on the opponents).

The sabres are on the upswing though.

#10 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2017-07-11 01:40 PM | Reply

Never knew there was a problem. When I walk around with my sexy Latin wife the only looks we get are from guys who are lusting after her.

#11 | Posted by TaoWarrior at 2017-07-11 01:42 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I will start to think I'M Pakistani..

I'll pretend I didn't hear that...

#12 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2017-07-11 02:02 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

Nowhere to go but up.

All I remember in my one visit to Buffalo six years ago0 was eating greasy slices and playing endless video games while high at La Nova pizza. I can't even remember why I even was in that city in the first place. Something about college and frats.

#13 | Posted by pumpkinhead at 2017-07-11 02:23 PM | Reply

You are wrong Boazo, you are just being a bigot, like the rest of your Lilly white Teajadist/TaliBundy moronic friends are.

You need to leave your mom's basement once in awhile.

#14 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2017-07-11 03:02 PM | Reply

sorry Aborted,

I'm a black man. I get to experience black racism and bigotry first hand..

And if you ever spent any amount of time around several bitter black women when an interracial couple walks by, you would know what I'm talking about...

#15 | Posted by boaz at 2017-07-11 03:05 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

I suspect this goes along with acceptance of same-sex marriage.

#19 | Posted by eberly at 2017-07-11 04:06 PM | Reply

This has got to be the oddest thread tangent I've seen. Thanks, eberly.

#22 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2017-07-11 04:44 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#22 | POSTED BY 101CHAIRBORNE AT 2017-07-11 04:44 PM | FLAG:

Not often there's a racist ---- discussion on the front page.

#23 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2017-07-11 05:34 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

@ Boazo, and I'm Bill Gates. See, On the internet, you can be anyone you want in order to fit you argument.

#27 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2017-07-12 09:20 AM | Reply

The liberal assault on the institution of marriage has worked.
#3 | POSTED BY J_TREMAIN AT 2017-07-11 11:50 AM | REPLY | FLAG:

Eek. You are saying interracial marriage is a failure of society?

#28 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2017-07-12 12:17 PM | Reply

WHAT??? No!

I'm saying it's too little too late.

#29 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2017-07-12 01:25 PM | Reply

The one thing I've always noticed about these "Interracial Marriage" articles (they pop up fairly often) is the over concentration of the Black man /White woman relationships and how cool that is.

I've been married to a Filipina woman for almost 25 years now. I have 2 kids; it's been very good.

You very seldom read within these articles though about the White man/Asian woman relationships which I think has become much more of a social phenomena over that last 30 plus years when it comes to interracial dating, and marriage. It's like the media has almost a consternation about it, rather than an approval and encouragement. Ive even read articles by women who paint these White men who pursue Asian women as predatory and creepy. It's insulting.

Anyway, I thought this was an interesting study by the Pew Research Center on Interracial Marriage, as far as who is all doing it:

www.pewresearch.org

#30 | Posted by shane at 2017-07-12 03:44 PM | Reply

#29 Ah. Glad I clarified!

#31 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2017-07-12 04:18 PM | Reply

#26 | POSTED BY BOAZ

Soooo...it's not your thing but you've clearly searched for it.

You seriously need to see a shrink. Or three.

#32 | Posted by jpw at 2017-07-13 01:14 AM | Reply

"You very seldom read within these articles though about the White man/Asian woman relationships"

See plenty of ads though.

#33 | Posted by snoofy at 2017-07-13 01:20 AM | Reply