Monday, July 10, 2017

White House chief strategist Stephen Bannon has a painting of himself as French emperor Napoleon Bonaparte, according to a New York Magazine report. The painting of Bannon as the famous French leader was reportedly given to Bannon by Nigel Farage, a former leader of the UK Independence party who has written for Breitbart, a conservative news website that Bannon once ran. "On his office wall hung an oil painting of Bannon dressed as Napoleon in his study at the Tuileries, done in the style of Jacques-Louis David's famous neoclassical painting -- a gift from Nigel Farage," the magazine reported.

Comments

Just read this same thing. My thought was Wow. Maybe you do this for a joke, I kind of get that but in this case it is really more of a WTF...

#1 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2017-07-10 02:26 PM | Reply

Bannon Has a Painting of Himself as Napoleon? Who doesn't? And in my painting I have really big hands and more shiny medals than Bannon. And it's been appraised to be worth a lot more money than Bannon's. Now that I have to take down my fake Time Magazine covers from my golf resorts, I'm having copies of this portrait hung up instead. I'm a secure well-adjusted human being.

#2 | Posted by moder8 at 2017-07-10 02:32 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

It should be on black velvet.

#3 | Posted by TedBaxter at 2017-07-10 02:36 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

I have a picture of myself as a member of the Star Trek TNG crew with the full cast.

It's pretty sweet.

#4 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2017-07-10 02:55 PM | Reply

Bannon Has a Painting of Himself as Napoleon Dynamite

FTFH

#5 | Posted by pumpkinhead at 2017-07-10 03:38 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

If there's enough interest and you ask nicely maybe he'll have prints made so you can have one too.

#6 | Posted by visitor_ at 2017-07-10 04:03 PM | Reply

He wishes he was as tall as Napoleon

#7 | Posted by hatter5183 at 2017-07-10 04:13 PM | Reply

He also has one of himself as Elvis... just sayin'.

#8 | Posted by Corky at 2017-07-10 04:20 PM | Reply

He also has one of himself as a boozed up zombie from The Walking Dead.

Wait a minute, that one is a photograph of himself...

#9 | Posted by JeffJ at 2017-07-10 04:27 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Since they could not destroy the actual Obama while he was President maybe the White Nationals (who Bannon represents) are still looking for that ever elusive Waterloo so they can try and destroy the memory of Obama.

#10 | Posted by donnerboy at 2017-07-10 06:42 PM | Reply

Most all-right goobers suffer from "little man syndrome" this just supports the stereotype.

#11 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2017-07-10 09:42 PM | Reply

#12 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2017-07-10 09:43 PM | Reply

Let's continue this Napoleon fantasy by exiling Steve-O to some island. How about Plum Island?

#13 | Posted by catdog at 2017-07-11 09:42 AM | Reply