Sunday, July 09, 2017

Nikki Haley, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, suggested Sunday that President Donald Trump told his Russian counterpart to "cut it out." In an interview Sunday with Dana Bash on CNN's State of the Union, Haley said Trump's meeting Friday with Russian President Vladimir Putin was an important step because "things start to move" once Trump meets with another leader. "What he did was bring up right away the election meddling, and he did that for a reason," Haley said, referring to Russia's interference in the 2016 campaign. "One, he wanted ... to basically look him in the eye, let him know that: 'Yes, we know you meddled in our elections. Yes, we know you did it, and cut it out.'"

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

Haley's comment appears to be false because Trump has never acknowledged Russia meddled in the U.S. election. As Josh Marshall of TPM writes, Trump has repeatedly denied Russian interference. Marshall explains, "Even last week when Trump in the view of many appeared to concede Russian involvement he actually didn't. "Well, I think it was Russia, and I think it could have been other people in other countries. Could have been a lot of people interfered ... Nobody really knows for sure."

Comments

"Nikki Haley, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, suggested Sunday that President Donald Trump told his Russian counterpart to "cut it out.""

That's funny because those are the exact same words President Obama used when he confronted Putin.

#1 | Posted by danni at 2017-07-09 06:53 PM | Reply

Cut it out! Mom, he won't stop touching me! I mean it, Vlad!

#2 | Posted by Zed at 2017-07-09 07:07 PM | Reply

"cut it out mister!" i believe was the quote.

#3 | Posted by cjk85 at 2017-07-09 07:27 PM | Reply

I thought Putin told him that he didn't have anything to do with it and that donnie dealmaker agreed???

#4 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2017-07-09 08:12 PM | Reply

Humpty Trumpty sat on his wall...

Humpty Trumpy had a great fall...

If someone doesn't get the balls to steal his smartphone that dude is hosed.

#5 | Posted by donnerboy at 2017-07-09 11:32 PM | Reply

Humpty Trumpty sat on his wall...

Wall? What wall?

#6 | Posted by REDIAL at 2017-07-09 11:38 PM | Reply

I want to know what they have over donnie dealmaker.

Vladimir Putin pulled the ultimate troll job and got the ------ to announce that they are going to be working together on god damned cyber security.

#7 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2017-07-10 07:13 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

So to recap according to Trump:

It could have been Russia, but it also could have been a 400lb guy sitting in someone's basement, nobody knows for sure (even though the intelligence committee has proof it was Russia).

Obama did nothing to stop Russia [not that they did it though] even though Obama expelled spies and seized their spy compound which Trump gave back to Russia.

He asked Putin if he did it and Putin said "Nope" [lots of criminals will confess their crimes immediately].

Putin and him are putting together a cyber task forces to stop Russia from hacking again. [Does anyone else see this as the dumbest idea in history? Hey I know, let's put Bernie Madoff in charge of the Treasury].

Just when I think Trump cannot be a bigger bumbling fool he goes on tour and says "watch this".

#8 | Posted by 726 at 2017-07-10 07:15 AM | Reply

#7 | POSTED BY MRSILENCEDOGOOD AT

No,,,, really. He did this.

Can you imagine how hard Putin and the boys in Moscow are laughing at the idiot that the republicans nominated and elected?

There is no way we will ever know, but I'd imagine that was a bet that someone lost to Putin. There is no way anyone would ever guess that would ever happen.

I wonder what it cost them...

#9 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2017-07-10 07:25 AM | Reply

'Nobody really knows...'

Of course, the US intelligence infrastructure can find out, if it hasn't already.

Pro tip: any US President can call up his/her director of national intelligence and ask for a briefing, during which the president will be told--if he is listening--who did what...

#10 | Posted by catdog at 2017-07-10 08:07 AM | Reply

I worked in am office at one point in my life.

Me and this other guy used to try to get the women we worked with to say "put that in my box" or "put it in my box, please" or something along those lines.

donnie dealmaker pretty much said "I begged Vlad to put it in my box and he said yes!" when he announced his big cyber security iniative.

#11 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2017-07-10 08:50 AM | Reply

"Me and this other guy used to try to get the women we worked with to say "put that in my box"

I hope you've grown up since then Beavis.

#12 | Posted by danni at 2017-07-10 09:23 AM | Reply

It was only 20+ years ago.

#13 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2017-07-10 09:33 AM | Reply

Our Judiciary should take note. Instead of wasting money putting people in prison we can just tell them to cut it out.

It will be bigly effective

#14 | Posted by hatter5183 at 2017-07-10 12:06 PM | Reply

I'm so confused.

Cut what out? I thought he wasn't doing or didn't do according to Trump exactly what Trump allegedly told him to stop doing.

#15 | Posted by Sycophant at 2017-07-10 04:47 PM | Reply

Trump - Putin Meeting Transcript

Vlad - "Hello Donald

Vlad - "We hacked your election systems and tried pretty successfully to undermine one of your nations most valued traditions"

Donald - "You had me at Hello"

#16 | Posted by Reagan58 at 2017-07-10 04:58 PM | Reply | Funny: 3

I'm so confused.

#15 | Posted by Sycophant

What? You are confused too?

Donald Trump's opinion of the Russians hacking is...

He already gave it! I believe this sums it up... It is nothing but a Loser Crooked Hillary Hoax and Fake News and anyway we don't know who did it... it could be China or that 400 lb fat kid.

I strongly pressed President Putin twice about Russian meddling in our election. He vehemently denied it. I've already given my opinion.....
4:31 AM - 9 Jul 2017

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

#17 | Posted by donnerboy at 2017-07-10 08:52 PM | Reply

"It was only 20+ years ago."

So was Beavis and --------, please don't think my post was a serious criticism of your character. You post ofter here, I have a good impression of who you are, you're not Beavis, but perhaps 20 years ago you might have been.
And so what?