Monday, June 19, 2017

Megyn Kelly's controversial interview with Alex Jones on NBC ended up a distant third in the network ratings race during its first half hour on Sunday night. According to Nielsen Media Research, "Sunday Night with Megyn Kelly" brought in an average of 3.5 million viewers, marking the fewest viewers the show has drawn since debuting on June 4. ... Kelly's program has been declining week-over-week from a rating perspective since launching three weeks ago with an episode featuring Russian President Vladimir Putin that registered an average of 6.2 million viewers.

Comments

Headline looks like BLOTUS Tweet.

#1 | Posted by oldwhiskeysour at 2017-06-19 11:10 PM | Reply

I may be an outlier here, but I've never looked at ratings as an "initial cut" to determine the relative gravitas of a media experience.

If I did, I'd be sucking up to Justin Bieber. Or worse.

Indeed, I listen to an "adult alternative" radio station (before you ask, it's www.1071thepeak.com )

I like, indeed, welcome, non-mainstream information. It makes me think and come to opinions.

OK, having said all that, who cares about Mr Jones? I've spent time listening to his comments, and I've come to the conclusion that he is an entertainer (e.g. Sacha Cohen), not a person who should be taken seriously. But that I call him an entertainer does not mean I think he has "followers" who think he speaks The Truth. For better or worse, he does.

#2 | Posted by LampLighter at 2017-06-19 11:18 PM | Reply

I am still confused as to why anyone bothered to interview this insane guy.

#3 | Posted by tmaster at 2017-06-19 11:20 PM | Reply

Whoa... a major oops...

"For better or worse, he does."

Wow, I need to qualify that for what I meant.

For better or worse, he does have those followers."

(I did not mean in any shape manner or form th say that I think Mr Jone speaks the truth.

OMG, this is probably the most embarrassing typo I've ever done. I'll be hearing about this one forever. ... Hanging my head in shame...)

(I am so shaken up, that I am haivng trouble typing my usermname/password...)

#4 | Posted by lamplighter at 2017-06-19 11:28 PM | Reply

despite the best faux outrage spun by the PR guys, they couldn't get viewers for the queen of snark

#5 | Posted by truthhurts at 2017-06-19 11:34 PM | Reply

nobody wants to see or hear that disgusting idiot.

#6 | Posted by ichiro at 2017-06-20 01:08 AM | Reply

Alex Jones looks like bloated roadkill.

#7 | Posted by Tor at 2017-06-20 01:09 AM | Reply

If they are going to interview a performance artist, I'd much rather see them talk to The Undertaker.

#8 | Posted by johnny_hotsauce at 2017-06-20 01:21 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

This could have been a good interview.

Of course, Alex would never agree to be filleted, dipped and fried on national TV.

But seriously, if someone had interviewed him to highlight what a whacky bird he is, it could have been fun.

But you know how the media is. Every whacky opinion is as good as a normal opinion....

#9 | Posted by kudzu at 2017-06-20 07:36 AM | Reply

LAMPLIGHTER comparing Jones to Cohen is ridiculous. One is an honest comedian the other is a con man taking advantage of the stupidest people in the world.
The first is harmless, Jones is not harmless, he's f*****g dangerous.

#10 | Posted by danni at 2017-06-20 08:10 AM | Reply

I hope every interview she does is a flop.

Does NBC think I'm going to forget the 10 years she spent spreading absolute lies and propaganda at fox, as well as inflaming the race and class wars in america?

"Jesus was white, so was santa clause"
-Megyn the Moron

Screw NBC for hiring her and Greta Van Susteren.

#11 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2017-06-20 01:15 PM | Reply

Megyn wanted to be nice to the guy, thinking that interviewing slobs like Jones will put her in line to be the next Barbara Walters. Should have given this interview to Stephen Colbert, Jon Stewart or Terri Gross, any of whom would have gently slashed Jones' face a hundred times...

#12 | Posted by catdog at 2017-06-20 01:17 PM | Reply

amen...Michael Steele ... Kingston... the lot.

#13 | Posted by ichiro at 2017-06-21 04:11 AM | Reply

OK, Alex Jones is a conspiracy promoting nut. I doubt there is a conspiracy out there in the ether that he has not promoted or endorsed. Strange but many of his possessions such as 9-11 was an inside job is shared by the regressive left. Mercury in inoculations, fluoride in drinking water, the Bilderburgers, NWO, the Masons, the list goes on. What is sad is Jones has about as much credibility as some of the major news outlets. Sadder still the Washington post and the New York Times both took money from the CIA to promote or squash news stories. As far as I know Jones does not. CNN actually has less credibility than he does. He isn't stupid tho, he taped his negotiations to appear on her show. Pretty damning stuff. She lies like a rug.

#14 | Posted by docnjo at 2017-06-21 11:06 AM | Reply

#14 | Posted by docnjo

Find me a major news outlet that said anything as insane as sandy hook being a government operation.

He didn't just SUPPOSE it, he DECLARED it as a fact. SCREAMED it in fact.

That makes his credibility = ZERO. Major news outlets (besides maybe fox) have far more credibility than that.

#15 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2017-06-21 11:20 AM | Reply

#15 | Posted by SpeakSoftly, I did not say he had any credibility, I said he had as much as CNN which I believe is the same sum, zero.

#16 | Posted by docnjo at 2017-06-21 11:31 AM | Reply

#16 | Posted by docnjo

I can read what you posted. I said find me an example of CNN saying anything as stupid or crazy as alex jones theory on sandy hook.

If you can't, then CNN has more credibilty than alex jones.

#17 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2017-06-21 01:44 PM | Reply

SpeakSoftly, does that mean that CNN hasn't lied? Or isn't lying now. The problem with Jones is that he believes what he is saying. The problem with CNN is they want you to believe things they know are a lie.

#18 | Posted by docnjo at 2017-06-21 05:17 PM | Reply

#18 | Posted by docnjo

Getting a report wrong, as all news organizations eventually do, is not the same as lying.

Jones pulling stuff out of his ass is lying.

If you think CNN has the same credibility as Alex Jones, then YOU have no credibility.

#19 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2017-06-21 05:59 PM | Reply