Sunday, June 18, 2017

The array of legal and political threats hanging over the Trump presidency has compounded the White House's struggles to fill out the top ranks of the government. Republicans say they are turning down job offers to work for a chief executive whose volatile temperament makes them nervous. They are asking head-hunters if their reputations could suffer permanent damage, according to 27 people The Washington Post interviewed to assess what is becoming a debilitating factor in recruiting political appointees. The hiring challenge complicates the already slow pace at which Trump is filling senior leadership jobs across government.

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

"He just threw Jeff Sessions under the bus. If you're working with a boss who doesn't have your back, you have no confidence in working with that individual."

Comments

Ask yourself: Would you work for this ganef?

#1 | Posted by Doc_Sarvis at 2017-06-18 08:23 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I would love for Thump to try to throw Sessions under the bus. Only two possible outcomes can happen, both of them happy...

1) he will be successful. that will ruin sessions and thump.

2) Sessions will squash him like a cockroach.

I actually think it is #2, because sessions has tons of gov't and political experience, but he is kept from 'public face' jobs because he has the personality of a ferret. Plus... and this is crucial, Sessions worked inside one of the most corrupt state political machines in the country.

Our greatest ally against trump is sessions. Our greatest ally against sessions is sessions himself.

If Trump does try to squash him, I'm gonna have to get the extra large popcorn.

#2 | Posted by kudzu at 2017-06-18 09:17 AM | Reply

"Republicans say they are turning down job offers . . ."
I thought they were looking for GOOD help.

#3 | Posted by squinch at 2017-06-18 10:22 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

I was in a staff meeting one time, and we needed to hire some people for a project that was not signed yet. This is how it went...

me; no one wants to come here because we have a reputation for having a revolving door policy...

my boss; is that true, do you believe it?

me; considering that we layed off 200 people not 6 months ago, the rumor has validity.

my boss; but this new project is huge and will last for years.

me; that's good for us (the staff), but the engineers out there don't care about us, they care about feeding their families. How about healing those wounds by hiring back some of the old people?

my boss; they've all got new jobs and don't want to come back.

me; because we layed them off?

my boss; they have no loyalty.

me; may i be excused, if suddenly feel sick. (I went back and typed my resignation letter)

#4 | Posted by kudzu at 2017-06-18 11:02 AM | Reply

Sessions struck me during his recent testimony as a savvy lawyer type, one who probably isn't going to let his reputation -- such as it is -- get besmirched more than is already the case by his association with Trump.

That said, it's already too late.

#5 | Posted by Doc_Sarvis at 2017-06-18 11:33 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

I was as loyal to my employer as my employer was to me and my associates before I retired.

I fired more than 1 employer when I was working.

#6 | Posted by bat4255 at 2017-06-18 03:40 PM | Reply

Sessions ... has the personality of a ferret.
#2 | Posted by kudzu

That's an insult to ferrets everywhere. You should be ashamed of yourself.

#7 | Posted by SomebodyElse at 2017-06-18 05:47 PM | Reply

Maybe the generals will defect from the Tchump Cabinet, leaving it staffed only with the billionaires and crazies. What an Administration!

Not to worry. In Tchump Country there may be a few more blind loyalists.... just not that many more billionaires. But who knows? Maybe the Waltons and Koch brothers would be willing to serve?

How about non-billionaire loyalists like Chris Christie or Sarah Palin, anyone?

#8 | Posted by Augustine at 2017-06-19 01:39 AM | Reply

AUGUSTINE

Sarah Palin would take a job . . . any job with a title, that is. But then, who needs a Director of Paper Clip Inventory in the White House?

She may already have her pup tent and 4-wheeler parked at the back door . . . with a poster board . . .

'Hire me . . . please, please, please! Hire me!'

#9 | Posted by Twinpac at 2017-06-19 03:58 AM | Reply

#9 Yea, but then she would just quit as usual.

#10 | Posted by bat4255 at 2017-06-19 07:43 AM | Reply

Dear Mr. President,

Please accept my resume. I would like a job in your White House in order to have better office supplies to steal. I need a new computer, and a laptop set up to be used in the White House would be swell.

John47