Thursday, June 15, 2017

"I'm not going to engage in that kind of hateful rhetoric anymore."

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

"I'm going to take a deep breath, and I am going to back it down, and if it gets fiery, if it gets hateful, I'm going away, I'm not going to engage in that kind of hateful rhetoric anymore."

"I will avoid anything that can be interpreted as condoning or referencing violence."

Comments

That's good Ted. Thanks. I don't need to call you out for your previous behavior, I am just glad that you are trying to be sane. You'll gain more respect for every year you can maintain this new perspective. Hey, I was at Anboy Dukes performances and they were great, so thanks, you're finally growing up.

#1 | Posted by danni at 2017-06-15 11:11 PM | Reply

What a load of crap.

#2 | Posted by Angrydad at 2017-06-15 11:16 PM | Reply

Yeah cause a Republican got shot this time. It's "different" now. Don't believe him one bit.

#4 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2017-06-15 11:22 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"We Have Got To Be Civil"

If you really believe that, Ted, you can start by apologizing to the folks you suggested should suck on your machine gun.

#5 | Posted by Danforth at 2017-06-15 11:31 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

An apology to Hillary Clinton and Barrack Obama would seem to be in order. Otherwise, you're just flapping your jaws Ted.

#6 | Posted by danni at 2017-06-15 11:39 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Teddy abandoned ship as soon as the shooting started.

Chuck Norris must be devastated.

#7 | Posted by Corky at 2017-06-16 12:08 AM | Reply

Well I guess I can listen to Cat Scratch Fever again.

#8 | Posted by bruceaz at 2017-06-16 12:24 AM | Reply

So after throwing gas on the fire he's decided he doesn't want to get burned.

Progress, I guess?

#9 | Posted by jpw at 2017-06-16 01:02 AM | Reply

Kumbaya always was my favorite Ted Nugent song.

Curious, the usual voices that say celebrities should stay out of politics have gone silent.

Or maybe by morning they will have Dixie Chicked his ass. That would be funny to see the armed population of America turn on each other.

#10 | Posted by snoofy at 2017-06-16 01:29 AM | Reply

No offense, JPW.

#11 | Posted by snoofy at 2017-06-16 01:30 AM | Reply

Freak!!!!

Unfortunately, there is nothing to sanction him with because he is a meaningless has-been, who had very little real talent when he was popular.

Too bad he didn;t use some of his money to get a proper education.

#12 | Posted by kudzu at 2017-06-16 06:47 AM | Reply

Hey Ted... you reap what you sow. ---- you, you pedophile.

#13 | Posted by 726 at 2017-06-16 07:26 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

Ted just realized that the myth that only republicans own guns is just that, a myth. The second he found out that one of these mentally unstable shooters might be shooting at him, or one of his rightwing cohorts he is all for civil discourse. Ted Nugent is a total hypocrite and a coward.

#14 | Posted by schmanch at 2017-06-16 08:14 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

No left winger idolizes the lunatics among them.

The right invites the crazy bastards on their side to the white house..

#15 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2017-06-16 08:32 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Does this mean old dogs can learn new tricks, or is he lying?

Time will tell, I suppose.

#16 | Posted by JeffJ at 2017-06-16 09:07 AM | Reply

Somehow I can't imagine a distorted Les Paul on a wall of Marshall amps chunking through a chorus of "We Have Got To Be Civil".

#17 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2017-06-16 11:55 AM | Reply

The right invites the crazy bastards on their side to the white house..

#15 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood

The wing nuts elected one president.

#18 | Posted by donnerboy at 2017-06-16 05:29 PM | Reply

#16 | POSTED BY JEFFJ
"Does this mean old dogs can learn new tricks, or is he lying?
Time will tell, I suppose."

I think he's sincere, at least at the moment, but that's different from being successful in his attempt.
Time will tell, indeed, but if an ------ like Nugent can do it...

#19 | Posted by TheTom at 2017-06-16 07:04 PM | Reply

The dems will also have their epiphany Jan 20, 2020 at the earliest.

#20 | Posted by fresno500 at 2017-06-16 08:26 PM | Reply

Exactly 4 years to the day after yours.

#21 | Posted by fresno500 at 2017-06-17 12:22 AM | Reply

Nobody cares, Ted. Get over yourself.

#22 | Posted by TedBaxter at 2017-06-17 04:25 PM | Reply

I'll give Ted the benefit of the doubt. The violent rhetoric has to stop.

#23 | Posted by squinch at 2017-06-18 10:51 AM | Reply