Thursday, June 15, 2017

calm down and keep shopping. everything is fine.

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

Do you believe your eyes or do you believe what Cramer and the talking heads spew? When you really look at the stock market going up up up and an unprecedented number of store closings.... where are/is the real disconnect?

Comments

Ahhhh more winning. Are we tired of winning yet?

#1 | Posted by 726 at 2017-06-15 01:36 PM | Reply

Retail has been reinvented by the internet. This is a one way street. Kind of like globalization. There will be no going back.

#2 | Posted by moder8 at 2017-06-15 02:09 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I buy a lot from Amazon. It's just easier and it supports those commie postal workers.

#3 | Posted by 726 at 2017-06-15 02:42 PM | Reply

I dream of the day I won't have to hold my wife's purse while she shops in the mall, because there are no malls.

Just kidding I never go to the mall now, all hail Amazon.

#4 | Posted by bored at 2017-06-15 03:03 PM | Reply

Where the heck are teenagers supposed to hang out once the malls disappear?

#5 | Posted by schmanch at 2017-06-15 03:30 PM | Reply

Your lawn?

#6 | Posted by bored at 2017-06-15 07:33 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

I wonder how many thousands of people will lose their jobs.

Women will be those who hate this the most because they will not want to buy clothes without trying them on first. I see a lot of return packages from them.

#7 | Posted by MSgt at 2017-06-15 07:51 PM | Reply

Meet younger women.

All they do is shop online all day.

With no questions asked return policies.

There's no risk for them.

They buy hundreds of dollars worth of clothes and usually end up keeping most of it.

Cause. What's the harm of starving yourself a few days, if it means you can fit in the new jeans you just got.

#8 | Posted by ClownShack at 2017-06-15 08:45 PM | Reply

Amazon. Blue apron. Netflix.

If I didn't need to go to work.

I'd never need to leave my house.

#9 | Posted by ClownShack at 2017-06-15 08:47 PM | Reply

"If I didn't need to go to work. I'd never need to leave my house."

You work?

#10 | Posted by madbomber at 2017-06-16 09:28 AM | Reply

Just kidding...I agree with you. I really enjoy never having to leave the house in order to shop for things I need.

And realistically, more and more people are able to work from home. It makes sense if you're an employer to reduce the cost of a brick and mortar office.

#11 | Posted by madbomber at 2017-06-16 11:08 AM | Reply

WOW!!!!!!!!! the same thing happened to the 'mom and pop' stores when the big chains came to town. By the way, what ever happened to the buggy whip makers?

#12 | Posted by Sniper at 2017-06-16 01:21 PM | Reply

Where the heck are teenagers supposed to hang out once the malls disappear?

#5 | Posted by schmanch

same place most of us did when we were growing up before the malls came along.

#13 | Posted by Sniper at 2017-06-16 01:23 PM | Reply

Where the heck are teenagers supposed to hang out once the malls disappear?

#5 | Posted by schmanch

same place most of us did when we were growing up before the malls came along.

#13 | Posted by Sniper

Where did you hang out in the 1920s & 30s snippy (when shopping centers began) ?

www.acrwebsite.org

#14 | Posted by donnerboy at 2017-06-16 01:28 PM | Reply

Posted by Sniper at 2017-06-16 01:21 PM | Reply

www.merchantcircle.com

#15 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2017-06-16 01:35 PM | Reply

www.acrwebsite.org

#14 | Posted by donnerboy

Where do you think I grew up donnie? Clue, it was west of the mississipi river.

#16 | Posted by Sniper at 2017-06-16 04:14 PM | Reply

That's easy, Sniper: The Tohono O'odham Indian Reservation.

#17 | Posted by madscientist at 2017-06-16 04:37 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

WINNING!

Hey, the legal profession and the prison corporations are doing well.

#18 | Posted by kudzu at 2017-06-17 09:21 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1