Wednesday, June 14, 2017

The accused shooter who was killed during gunfire at practice for a congressional baseball game Wednesday morning was from Belleville.

The shooter, according to law enforcement, was James T. Hodgkinson of Belleville, who belonged to a number of anti-Republican groups, including one called "Terminate the Republican Party."

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

Two days ago, the 66-year-old Hodgkinson posted an angry message about President Donald Trump on Facebook.

"I Want to Say Mr. President, for being an ass hole you are Truly the Biggest Ass Hole We Have Ever Had in the Oval Office," he wrote on Facebook.

Hodgkinson belonged to multiple anti-GOP groups on Facebook, including:

▪ "The Road to Hell is Paved with Republicans"

▪ "Donald Trump is not my President"

▪ "President Bernie Sanders"

▪ "Illinois Berners United to Resist Trump"

▪ "Boycott the Republican Party"

▪ "Expose Republican Fraud"

▪ "Terminate the Republican Party"

Comments

People seriously need to calm the F down.

#1 | Posted by leftcoastlawyer at 2017-06-14 05:24 PM | Reply

Is he part of Trump's Second Amendment People?

#2 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2017-06-14 05:40 PM | Reply

These groups should be investigated to ascertain whether there are potentially additional radical left wing terrorists in their memberships.

#3 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2017-06-14 07:26 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Why, so the "potentials" can be stripped of their Second Amendment rights?

LOL

#4 | Posted by snoofy at 2017-06-14 08:38 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

James T. Hodgkinson was a mainstream Dem.

He believe many of the same things many here do.

The radicalization of the left is being facilitated by the Dems and Bernie Sanders.

#5 | Posted by sawdust at 2017-06-14 10:03 PM | Reply | Funny: 2 | Newsworthy 1

The radicalization of the left is being facilitated by the Dems and the MSM.

FTFY

#6 | Posted by Crassus at 2017-06-14 10:06 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 2

Too funny, do you actually read anything on this site.

#7 | Posted by Crassus at 2017-06-14 10:10 PM | Reply

#5 Good to know you got your GOP talking points:

GOP lawmaker links shooting to 'outrageous' Dem rhetoric

thehill.com

#8 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2017-06-14 10:24 PM | Reply

left __________________________right

you can imagine the line to be a ring. you can go so far in either direction until you run into your opposite at the extremes.
both can be fascist.
both can be liberal.

we need to reimagine the First Amendment completely, individual, corporate, religious; and/or make all election spending public.

as far as guns, we need less not more.

#9 | Posted by ichiro at 2017-06-14 10:30 PM | Reply

#9 Horseshoe theory:

The horseshoe theory in political science asserts that the far left and the far right, rather than being at opposite and opposing ends of a linear political continuum, in fact closely resemble one another, much like the ends of a horseshoe. The theory is attributed to French writer Jean-Pierre Faye.

en.m.wikipedia.org

#10 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2017-06-14 10:37 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Rep. Steve Scalise: I might have attended white supremacist event
12/29/14 04:42 PM -- Updated 12/30/14 11:45 AM

Majority Whip Steve Scalise says he abhors hate groups, but acknowledged on Monday that he may have spoken at a white supremacist conference led by the notorious former Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke in 2002.

www.msnbc.com

#11 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2017-06-14 10:40 PM | Reply

This is not to say Scalise is a member of the KKK, but remember when Trump retweeted white supremacists during the election and then said it meant nothing? My point: people in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones. Lock her up! Kill the bitch! Hang the bitch!

#12 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2017-06-14 11:11 PM | Reply

So now we have Gal saying Scalise deserved this....politics have no bounds.

#13 | Posted by Crassus at 2017-06-14 11:13 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

#14 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2017-06-14 11:15 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#14 ignorance is bliss, ain't it

#15 | Posted by bruceaz at 2017-06-14 11:23 PM | Reply

"So now we have Gal saying Scalise deserved this....politics have no bounds."

Nice try. I said nothing of the sort. Saying mainstream Democratic rhetoric caused this while overlooking mainstream Trump (aka GOP) rhetoric during the election and now is what I said it is: People in glass houses throwing stones.

Attack Tests Movement Sanders Founded

www.msn.com

#16 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2017-06-14 11:27 PM | Reply

From the article on Bernie:

"Both sides need to look in the mirror," said Nina Turner, a former Ohio state senator who campaigned for Mr. Sanders and is working on a new think tank started by the senator's wife. "We have to decide what kind of language we are going to use in our political discourse."

#17 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2017-06-14 11:28 PM | Reply

Lock her up! Kill the bitch! Hang the bitch!
#12 | POSTED BY GAL_TUESDAY

#18 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2017-06-14 11:29 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

"Seems like "just yesterday" that Bernie Sanders was praising authoritarian regimes such as Castro's, and now he is inspiring his supporters to commit domestic terrorism against U.S. politicians..."

It was just yesterday that Trump was praising them! And letting Erdogan's thugs beat up US citizens on American soil.

#19 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2017-06-14 11:31 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"But a R congressman has been shot, is in critical condition, and you said he deserved it."

Hi Sheep! Troll away, little trolly!

#20 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2017-06-14 11:32 PM | Reply

Lock her up! Kill the bitch! Hang the bitch!
#12 | POSTED BY GAL_TUESDAY
But a R congressman has been shot, is in critical condition, and you said

Nina Turner is right.

#21 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2017-06-14 11:33 PM | Reply

Diversity of opinion isn't welcome here I know, but that has lasting effect/affect and the tolerance begins to be shown quite clearly. You have none. Politics rules your day.

#22 | Posted by Crassus at 2017-06-14 11:43 PM | Reply

Whelp, at least he wasn't a racist. See America? Progress.

#23 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2017-06-14 11:52 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

So now we have Gal saying Scalise deserved this....politics have no bounds.

#13 | POSTED BY CRASSUS

No...we have you being your typical numbnut self.

#24 | Posted by jpw at 2017-06-14 11:56 PM | Reply

#14 | POSTED BY GONOLES92

So you abhor the rightwing violence in the recent past that was spurred by rightwing rhetoric?

#25 | Posted by jpw at 2017-06-14 11:57 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Hi Sheep! Troll away, little trolly!
#20 | POSTED BY GAL_TUESDAY

It's gone now, just looked. But I know I read it this morning when the gerbil couldn't keep up with the thread.

I KNOW I read it.

#26 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2017-06-15 12:06 AM | Reply

I'll take it back for now, because it could have been Danni. But I thought I remembered it was you.

Also if you cntrl-F the thread, racist, KKK, and Duke are missing - which I also remember near the comment I'm referring to.

#27 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2017-06-15 12:19 AM | Reply

"Sorry Gal, the simple fact you are posting political crap about Scalise and supposed support for KKK type groups clearly says you think he deserved this."

I don't think Scalise supports the KKK, and even if he did support them, I wouldn't think he deserved to be shot the way he was today. Seeing that info posted about him, however, reminded me of Trump's retweets of white supremacist this summer. Although Trump seemed to encourage them, I don't think white supremacists and neo-Nazis are represent mainstream Republicans, but it is obvious from posts in this thread that some here think violent rhetoric and actions by some/one on the left represents mainstream Democrats. Poppycock.

#28 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2017-06-15 12:29 AM | Reply

#27 I didn't see the comment you are referring to, and it wasn't me who made it.

#29 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2017-06-15 12:31 AM | Reply

I saw the link I posted about Scalise on twitter tonight. Didn't see anything like the comment you are referring to here earlier today. Must have been zapped before I saw it.

#30 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2017-06-15 12:35 AM | Reply

""Something to the effect of "let's not forget this Scalise is a racist....deserved it..." I know I read it."

Hey, plenty of people are cool with it when gang-bangers take each other out.
Why should this be any different?

#31 | Posted by snoofy at 2017-06-15 02:52 AM | Reply

When I hear right wingers condemn ALL of the calls for a second amendment solution to government from their supporters I might take them serious about toning down any rhetoric from the left. Until then, they are as complicit in this as anybody.

#32 | Posted by schmanch at 2017-06-15 07:33 AM | Reply

"Why do we have a Second Amendment? It's not to shoot deer. It's to shoot at the government when it becomes tyrannical!"

-- Rand Paul

He said that about a year ago.

I wonder if he still feels that way now that someone decided that he was a tyrant who needed shot at..

#33 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2017-06-15 08:35 AM | Reply

I would think the Right would be lining up behind this guy. He had the guts to do what they only dream of.

#34 | Posted by TFDNihilist at 2017-06-15 01:38 PM | Reply

9 Horseshoe theory:

#10 | POSTED BY GAL_TUESDAY

something similar - the far left is the one foot and the far right is the other foot.

Everybody else is somewhere up the leg with the sane people in the middle.

Unfortunately, those wacky people at the foot believe that the sane people are just asses.

#35 | Posted by Petrous at 2017-06-16 04:19 PM | Reply

"Terminate the Republican Party"

I wonder if that lot is going to change their name.

#36 | Posted by Sully at 2017-06-16 04:47 PM | Reply