Wednesday, June 14, 2017
The accused shooter who was killed during gunfire at practice for a congressional baseball game Wednesday morning was from Belleville.
The shooter, according to law enforcement, was James T. Hodgkinson of Belleville, who belonged to a number of anti-Republican groups, including one called "Terminate the Republican Party."
Two days ago, the 66-year-old Hodgkinson posted an angry message about President Donald Trump on Facebook.
"I Want to Say Mr. President, for being an ass hole you are Truly the Biggest Ass Hole We Have Ever Had in the Oval Office," he wrote on Facebook.
Hodgkinson belonged to multiple anti-GOP groups on Facebook, including:
▪ "The Road to Hell is Paved with Republicans"
▪ "Donald Trump is not my President"
▪ "President Bernie Sanders"
▪ "Illinois Berners United to Resist Trump"
▪ "Boycott the Republican Party"
▪ "Expose Republican Fraud"
▪ "Terminate the Republican Party"
Admin's note: Participants in this discussion must follow the site's moderation policy. Profanity will be filtered. Abusive conduct is not allowed.