Friday, May 19, 2017

Fear continues to grow in New York City as an epidemic of monstrous rodents are emerging from the sewers and attacking homeless people sleeping in the streets.

Comments

As if living in the city wasn't crappy enough.

#1 | Posted by boaz at 2017-05-19 01:13 PM | Reply

where do you live, boaz?

#2 | Posted by ChiefTutMoses at 2017-05-19 01:32 PM | Reply

Not in New York..

#3 | Posted by boaz at 2017-05-19 01:45 PM | Reply

Then how do you know?

#4 | Posted by 726 at 2017-05-19 01:58 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

"North Carolina has the most venomous snake bites of any state in the U.S., according to the North Carolina Cooperative Extension."

#5 | Posted by schifferbrains at 2017-05-19 02:00 PM | Reply

Those are Syrian rats that Obama brought in along with the other refugees.
Everything that Kenyan touches turns to ----. I'd watch out, chief...

#6 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2017-05-19 02:15 PM | Reply

Then how do you know?

I've been to New York before. It may not be as worse as Chicago. Nothing is as bad as Chicago.

But you do have big rats, no?

#7 | Posted by boaz at 2017-05-19 02:28 PM | Reply

Wall Street tycoons take up cannibalism?

#8 | Posted by et_al at 2017-05-19 02:36 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

The giant rat stories have been around forever but every time someone actually rounds up a batch of NYC rats and measures them, they are just regular rats.

My grandma tells a story of living in the projects and thinking her cat was on her bed and when she tried to shoo it away, it turned out to be a giant rat.

#9 | Posted by sully at 2017-05-19 02:36 PM | Reply

You could be eaten alive in NYC, but check out how they were dying in Vegas...
www.liveleak.com

It's crazy to think they caught that stooge in the act. It's almost too good to be true.

#10 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2017-05-19 02:42 PM | Reply

Serious question...has anyone had the opportunity to compare rats in NY to rats in Paris? I've never been to NY, but the rats in Paris were both big and brazen. They appeared to be scared of humans, but only a little scared.

#11 | Posted by madbomber at 2017-05-19 02:49 PM | Reply

"I've been to New York before. It may not be as worse as Chicago."...Boazo

I was under the assumption that all U.S. Military Officers were college grads. "It may not be as worse as Chicago"?
Really? Is that as close to English as you can get?

#12 | Posted by oldwhiskeysour at 2017-05-19 02:57 PM | Reply

I don't recall seeing rats in Paris. It was a long time ago though. The bread is what I remember most. It was everywhere and everyone seemed to be eating it.

Not the tower, or the louvre, or the arc, the frikkin bread. I was 17, and most likely always hungry.

#13 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2017-05-19 02:59 PM | Reply

They appeared to be scared of humans, but only a little scared.

#11 | Posted by madbomber at 2017-05-19 02:49 PM | Reply | Flag:

I stayed at a hotel in Lake Tahoe where the racoons were used to being fed. They would walk right up to anyone hanging out on the deck in the back of the bar. They seemed to understand that most people were afraid of them. It was kind of embarassing to see these things intimidating people. When I was drunk, I thought of giving a couple of the more aggressive ones a nice kick for the sake of humanity but then I decided that even if you win there is no way to look good fighting a racoon. Plus there is always the risk of getting bit on the nards.

The monkeys on the Rock of Gibraltar are even worse. Blatantly aggressive and genuinely terrifying. Local legend says that if the monkeys die or are removed, the rock will sink. Even it were true, I think those things need to die.

Come to think of it, I've never met a monkey who isn't an -------.

#14 | Posted by Sully at 2017-05-19 03:15 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

"has anyone had the opportunity to compare rats in NY to rats in Paris?"

One night whilebarhopping on Wellington Quay in Dublin I thought I saw a dog running down the street but upon closer inspection it turned out to be a giant rat. I couldn't stop laughing.

#15 | Posted by pumpkinhead at 2017-05-19 03:17 PM | Reply

So much obvious Photoshopping, so little time

#16 | Posted by e1g1 at 2017-05-19 04:30 PM | Reply

As an English teacher and forensics coach, I sometimes hear or read something that sticks in my mind but I forget the source. Somewhere along the line I heard a story, probably fictional but real enough, about a new mother in a slum apartment who went to check on her baby and found it being eaten by rats instead. It was one of those stories that makes me hate my job. Fictional or not, that shot is disturbing AF.

#17 | Posted by dylanfan at 2017-05-19 07:45 PM | Reply

If you've got giant rats, you need to get a giant cat.

www.drudge.com

#18 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2017-05-20 01:10 AM | Reply

Giant rats in sewers? Finally... proof that Doctor Who was real.

#19 | Posted by sentinel at 2017-05-20 08:31 AM | Reply

Tastes like chicken.

#20 | Posted by mysterytoy at 2017-05-20 08:55 AM | Reply

Parody site.

#21 | Posted by SLBronkowitz at 2017-05-21 10:24 PM | Reply

ROUS's....almost as bad as lightning sand.

#22 | Posted by MUSTANG at 2017-05-22 12:12 PM | Reply