Tuesday, May 16, 2017

The classified information passed on to Russian government officials last week by President Trump originated with the Israeli government, a source briefed on the matter told CBS News' Pat Milton on Tuesday. The New York Times first reported that the intelligence came from Israel. Both the Times and the Washington Post have reported that "highly classified" intelligence provided by a U.S. ally was shared with Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lvrov and Ambassador Sergey Kislyak by Mr. Trump at a White House meeting last week. ... In January, multiple Israeli newspapers reported that their country's government had been warned by U.S. intelligence officials not to be cautious when sharing information with Mr. Trump because it could be passed on to Russia. Israel's primary rival in the region, Iran, is a close Russian ally, meaning that information shared with Moscow could potentially wind up with Tehran.

Comments

"multiple Israeli newspapers reported that their country's government had been warned by U.S. intelligence officials not to be cautious when sharing information with Mr. Trump because it could be passed on to Russia"

not to be...? Is this a typo, or disinformation?

#1 | Posted by woe_is_W at 2017-05-16 06:28 PM | Reply

Let's see...the people in the room with Trump and the Russians (including the Russians) state emphatically that the source or methods were not revealed but "anonymous current and former White House officials" confirm to the NY Times and CBS news that the source was Israel.

#2 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2017-05-16 06:38 PM | Reply

"If I was the Mossad I would be more pissed at the NYT and CBS than anyone in that meeting."

that is why a moron like you would never ever be someone intelligent enough to even be office manager at the mossad.

#3 | Posted by klifferd at 2017-05-16 06:50 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Keep nibbling little man, you will eventually get through my socks.

#4 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2017-05-16 06:59 PM | Reply

Trump ---------- out Israeli secrets after being stroked by Russian spies in the oval office.
McMaster had to call the CIA and NSA to let them know and to let Israel know.
Outraged US and Israeli intelligence staff leaked like Russian hookers.
All this before little d's visit to the ME.
I can't stand all this winning.

#5 | Posted by bored at 2017-05-16 07:00 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"Keep nibbling little man, you will eventually get through my socks."

lol you are the one playing apologist. Russian press leaked info about the specifics of the Mossad agent. That means most of America now holds Trump and other trumpster fires like you personally responsible.

#6 | Posted by klifferd at 2017-05-16 07:03 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

No, the NYT first published that it came from Israel, and they didn't get that from straight from Trump, but from a current or former WH official.

BTW, never voted for Trump, not a supporter, but I do enjoy watching the hysterics of DR Left mouthbreather like yourself.

#7 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2017-05-16 07:21 PM | Reply

"DR Left mouthbreather like yourself."

thanks.. thats a compliment coming from an emasculated loser who's wife wears the pants in the family like yourself.

#8 | Posted by klifferd at 2017-05-16 07:38 PM | Reply

but I do enjoy watching the hysterics of DR Left mouthbreather like yourself.

Right. Because Trump proving the assertions of a foreign government (that he is an untrustworthy idiot who'd blab intelligence to Russia) perfectly true is something to think "meh *shrug*" over.

Idiot.

never voted for Trump, not a supporter

Funny how many claim this yet can't bring themselves to utter a criticism against him. Everyone else, but not him.

But the left are the mouthbreathers. Suuuuurreee.

#9 | Posted by jpw at 2017-05-16 07:45 PM | Reply

Is that all you got?

Daily Flonase and Zirtec will help with your affliction.

#10 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2017-05-16 07:46 PM | Reply

Which assertions and which government are you talking about...the NYT, CBS News and "several (unnamed) Israeli newspapers" assertions and "several anonymous current and former government officials" cited by those newspapers?

Close mouth, breathe through nose.

#11 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2017-05-16 07:49 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"Close mouth, breathe through nose."

close mouth, swallow your ED drugs.

#12 | Posted by klifferd at 2017-05-16 07:52 PM | Reply

BTW, never voted for Trump, not a supporter,
#7 | POSTED BY RIGHTOCENTER AT 2017-05-16 07:21 PM | FLAG:

You're clearly a supporter. Proven by all your posts in support of the Orange Orangutan.

You've already embarrassed yourself on this username.

Time to switch to one of your others.

#13 | Posted by ClownShack at 2017-05-16 07:55 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Too bad for you Clowny I only have this one and use it to point out your inanity on a daily basis.

So go ahead and flag me as abusive/offensive so I get another vacation.

#14 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2017-05-16 08:03 PM | Reply

So go ahead and flag me as abusive/offensive so I get another vacation.
#14 | POSTED BY RIGHTOCENTER AT 2017-05-16 08:03 PM | FLAG:

You stupid republicans and your persecution complexes.

FYI. I've never flagged you or anyone abusive/offensive.

But. Good job on deflecting from your obvious support for the Orange embarrassment.

#15 | Posted by ClownShack at 2017-05-16 08:18 PM | Reply

"I've never flagged you or anyone abusive/offensive. "

Nobody does.

#16 | Posted by eberly at 2017-05-16 08:24 PM | Reply

FYI. I've never flagged you or anyone abusive/offensive.

Good to hear, you are in a distinct minority on the DR Left from what I understand.

As for Trump, have Hans help you find one post where I have supported Trump.

You can't.

#17 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2017-05-16 08:26 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Why would Hans be needed?

I can refer you to this very thread where you attempt to excuse Donnie's ineptitude.

Or. Perhaps. (Though I'm sure we're both quite over it.) I can refer you to the proposed remittance tax you claimed fulfilled Donnie's promise to have Mexico pay for his imaginary wall.

Hell. Donnie could announce the wall has completed construction and most Dump supporters would not only believe him. But adamantly confess to having visited it.

#18 | Posted by ClownShack at 2017-05-16 08:32 PM | Reply

"I've never flagged you or anyone abusive/offensive. "

Nobody does.
#16 | POSTED BY EBERLY AT 2017-05-16 08:24 PM | FLAG:

I can't speak for nobody.

But I can speak for myself.

I've never flagged anyone abusive/offensive.

Not even you Eb.

#19 | Posted by ClownShack at 2017-05-16 08:34 PM | Reply

I am criticizing the sources not excusing anything that Trump did or didn't do. I am pointing out the unreliability of the unnamed sources in comparison to the actual people who were in the room. I am pointing out the mindless hysteria that a discussion about something that the US banned on airplanes seven weeks ago from Muslim countries is causing amongst the DR Left.

As for the remittance tax, that was proposed numerous times before Trump even announced that he was running, and while I know you don't like it or agree with it, it was an answer to your question. Deal with it.

#20 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2017-05-16 08:37 PM | Reply

As for Trump, have Hans help you find one post where I have supported Trump.

You can't.

#17 | Posted by Rightocenter

persecution complex much?

#21 | Posted by truthhurts at 2017-05-16 08:38 PM | Reply

I wouldn't be diagnosing folks if I were outwardly wishing cancer on folks.

#22 | Posted by eberly at 2017-05-16 08:42 PM | Reply

""I've never flagged you or anyone abusive/offensive. "
Nobody does."

Baloney. I do occasionally when posters go way far over the line of decency but I don't plonk them. And if they are exiled for saying cruel, evil things, I'm very fine with that.

#23 | Posted by danni at 2017-05-16 08:47 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

"And if they are exiled for saying cruel, evil things, I'm very fine with that."

Like wishing cancer on folks?

#24 | Posted by eberly at 2017-05-16 08:51 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

"Like wishing cancer on folks?"

Exiled from DR is like wishing cancer on folks? Trust me Eberly, if there is one thing I would never do it is to wish cancer on anyone, ever. I was talking about RCADE exiling them for a week or two from this site. Nothing more.

#25 | Posted by danni at 2017-05-16 08:58 PM | Reply

"Exiled from DR is like wishing cancer on folks"

No, wishing cancer on folks is vile and evil.

Just ask twoothy.

#26 | Posted by eberly at 2017-05-16 08:59 PM | Reply

"on the DR Left from what I understand."

not really.

I only flag funny or newsworthy.

abuse flag would be hypocritical and very republican if I did that, based on the type of abuse I hurl myself.

#27 | Posted by klifferd at 2017-05-16 08:59 PM | Reply

As for Trump, have Hans help you find one post where I have supported Trump.

You can't.

#17 | Posted by Rightocenter

Challenge Accepted

Tony is right on #6 and I think partially right on #7, but I think that Trump, while incredibly vain, has honed his negotiating skills in NYC real estate which is one of the toughest arenas in the US, if not the world. I'm pretty sure the Xi isn't underestimating him in that regard. He also has to realize that he isn't bluffing when he says that he will use force if necessary, which is a Yuuuuge change from the prior Administration.

Trump had, as I like to say, a Moment of Clarity (tm) on the China Manipulation issue, especially in light of how the Yuan has been pummeled lately against the $, so this was an easy "give" to get some cooperation from the Chinese on the NK front.

#9 | Posted by Rightocenter

He absolutely is bluffing and China knows it.

There are plenty of dead Syrians and ISIS fighters that would argue that point with you...if they could.

#14 | Posted by Rightocenter

Actually it was still in the courts.

Be that as it may, it is still a yuge stretch to say this weakened LGBT protections.

#5 | Posted by Rightocenter at

We report, you decide

#28 | Posted by truthhurts at 2017-05-16 08:59 PM | Reply

No, wishing cancer on folks is vile and evil.

Just ask twoothy.

#26 | Posted by eberly

#29 | Posted by truthhurts at 2017-05-16 09:02 PM | Reply

persecution complex much?

Reliable anonymous sources with access to the flagging system have stated that excessive flagging leads to short vacations.

#30 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2017-05-16 09:02 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

an anonymous source has a 50% of being correct. much better odds than Trump telling the Truth.

#31 | Posted by klifferd at 2017-05-16 09:04 PM | Reply

Posted by truthhurts at 2017-05-16 09:02 PM | Reply

Because then you become them and you lose the moral high road.

#32 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2017-05-16 09:05 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

LOL

1. I am agreeing with Tony about Trump and talking about Xi not underestimating Trump when he says he will use force. Still not supporting what he did.

2. The Moment of Clarity is a backhanded slap at someone who is usually wrong but finally got something right, but you knew that, right?

3. Whoever posted that said that Trump was bluffing about firing off cruise missles, I was merely pointing out that he already did that in Syria.

4. That was about an executive order that had little or no impact on LGBTQ rights and I was pointing that out.

Maybe you do need Hans, not that it will do you any good.

#33 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2017-05-16 09:09 PM | Reply

I'm old enough to not have to worry about that, by the time I lose the moral high ground I will be dead and buried.

#34 | Posted by truthhurts at 2017-05-16 09:10 PM | Reply

"I'm just curious why you don't wish bad things on people who are actively pushing for people to get sicker by not having health care."

Because I don't.

#35 | Posted by eberly at 2017-05-16 09:10 PM | Reply

They are wishing bad things on you.

#36 | Posted by truthhurts at 2017-05-16 09:11 PM | Reply

They are wishing bad things on you.

Posted by truthhurts at 2017-05-16 09:11 PM | Reply

Well good golly Miss Molly I don't have to be like them do I???? Thank God I don't manufacture testosterone anymore. That's mental poison.

#37 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2017-05-16 09:13 PM | Reply

Yeah.....I've been swimming with sharks my whole life.

Nobody gives a crap about me.

Gee......thanks for reminding me of that. I was completely unaware of the fact that wealthy insiders in the power structure of this country don't give a crap about me.

I'm sure glad I ran into you twoothy. You're really really.....really enlightening cat, you are.

#38 | Posted by eberly at 2017-05-16 09:31 PM | Reply

Ok time for me to decompress, gonna watch an Anna Kendrick movie.

#39 | Posted by truthhurts at 2017-05-16 09:34 PM | Reply

Ok time for me to decompress, gonna watch an Anna Kendrick movie.

Posted by truthhurts at 2017-05-16 09:34 PM | Reply

May I suggest a mental enema???

#40 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2017-05-16 09:38 PM | Reply

www.haaretz.com

I would say use Google but your shtick is just a deflection, nothing more.

That you threw in a half-hearted "I don't support Trump" almost convinced me, RoC.

#41 | Posted by jpw at 2017-05-16 10:13 PM | Reply

#17 | POSTED BY RIGHTOCENTER

Do you have Rcade's confidence or is this based on an anonymous source?

#42 | Posted by jpw at 2017-05-16 10:16 PM | Reply

May I suggest a mental enema???

#40 | Posted by LauraMohr

Mental enemas cause ass cancer, so HOW DARE YOU!

#43 | Posted by truthhurts at 2017-05-16 10:26 PM | Reply

"Wishing people get ass cancer is just as bad as repealing healthcare for millions of poor Americans!"
~Morons.

Here's an idea. Once (If) the republicans repeal ACA. Let's keep a tally of the number of Republican congressmen who get ass cancer, compared to the number of poor people who die from lack of healthcare.

It will be a laugh riot.

#44 | Posted by ClownShack at 2017-05-16 10:33 PM | Reply

G-d someone has too much ass on the brain tonight.

#45 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2017-05-16 10:36 PM | Reply

G-d someone has too much ass on the brain tonight.
#45 | POSTED BY LAURAMOHR AT 2017-05-16 10:36 PM | FLAG:

I believe the condition is referred to as Assburgurs.

#46 | Posted by ClownShack at 2017-05-16 10:38 PM | Reply

Why is our media giving ISIS any info at all on where the intel came from? Were they afraid Russia might not tell them?

#47 | Posted by Sully at 2017-05-17 09:30 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Trump did nothing wrong...it was the media that leaked the underlying story. This means Israel is unhappy with Trump. The Wussies and Rethugs can and will impeach if they want to. And, what Israel wants, they want.

Russiagate has been cultivated by the Wussies and their confected #Resistance to provide a rationale to install a more stable and predictable Rethug president who will color within the established partisan lines, and with whom the Wussies can more effectively plan wars and Grand-Bargain away Social Security and Medicare.

#48 | Posted by nutcase at 2017-05-18 09:41 AM | Reply