Wednesday, February 07, 2018

New Lady Doritos Will Be Quiet and Dainty

The New York Post reported on Monday that PepsiCo is working on a new "lady-friendly" version of Doritos. The company's market research has apparently revealed that women prefer not to crunch loudly and lick Dorito dust off their fingers in public, and they generally decline to upend the near-empty bag of chips and dump the flavor crumbs into their mouths. They also like to be able to carry their snacks in their purses. In response, PepsiCo is developing a snack chip that will be less crunchy and messy to eat.

The objections to "Lady Doritos," as the internet quickly dubbed them, were many and obvious. Women already enjoy regular Doritos! The very notion of chips "for her" is condescending and absurd! Less-crunchy chips are by definition inferior! The new Doritos are unlikely to solve the problem of pay inequality!

Comments

In my house we refer to Doritos Nacho flavor as "orange crack." It's hard to stop eating them.

#1 | Posted by danni at 2018-02-07 08:37 AM

#1 | POSTED BY DANNI

Cheetos fall into that category as well.

I'm a sucker for chips and dip also.

However, my absolute bane is original Pringle's. I can kill a can of that evil in a few minutes.

#2 | Posted by JeffJ at 2018-02-07 10:35 AM

"PepsiCo is working on a new "lady-friendly" version of Doritos"

They already have "lady-friendly" version of Doritos.

It's called Doritos.

#3 | Posted by donnerboy at 2018-02-07 03:26 PM

That's racist.

Wait...I mean sexist. Yeah.

That's sexist.

#4 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2018-02-07 10:47 PM

#5 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2018-02-07 11:09 PM

I like my Doritos loud and stanky. Taco flavor is the best ever, but you can never find them.

Every once in a while, I find a weird Dorito...like it got stuck in the machine and caked with flavor crystals, then it finally fell out of the hopper from the weight.

#6 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2018-02-08 12:04 AM

Can't beat the Cool Ranch.

I was feverish with that stuff as a kid.

#7 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2018-02-08 12:06 AM

Quiet and Dainty, the feminine myth. Any of you guys know any women like that?

Real women that you know:
Danni
Twinpac
Gal Tuesday
Idaho girl
Calichris
Laura Mohr
and the list goes on.

Quiet and dainty, don't know any girls like that, thank goodness. Crunch as loud as you want and your welcome to wipe your greasy fingers on my kitchen curtains. And speak up.

#8 | Posted by bruceaz at 2018-02-08 12:47 AM

Psychologically if my chips don't crunch loudly I toss them in the trash. I fear that they have gone stale. Like Danni I mainline chip crumbs when in the mood.

#9 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2018-02-08 12:50 AM

Chips without the crunch is sex without the moan. BORING

#10 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2018-02-08 01:33 AM

Comments one through ten (so far) - ALL are funny and TRUTH! My two cents - I do not care what the texture or flavor of the Doritos product I cram into my pie-hole might be; ALL are nom-worthy!

#11 | Posted by john47 at 2018-02-08 09:00 AM

I have to be honest, my daughter complains about my crunching when I eat chips, especially Doritos. I honestly don't know how to eat them quietly and, honestly, don't care.

#12 | Posted by danni at 2018-02-08 09:35 AM

The only reason this occurs is because of marketing. They could easily market the chips as saying "For those who don't want to lick powder off their fingers in public or...., we have a chip for you!". But that doesn't sell as much as if you market something toward an exact demographic and make them feel special as if it's only for them and no one else. Unfortunately, that kind of marketing doesn't work in the 21st century and everything will have to be completely genderless.

#13 | Posted by humtake at 2018-02-08 11:57 AM

#12 | Posted by danni at 2018-02-08 09:35 AM | Reply | Flag:

www.youtube.com

#14 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2018-02-08 06:49 PM

I want them to be less messy to eat. Less loud but still crunchy would be nice too. Don't ruin this for me. #5 | POSTED BY BRUCEBANNER

+1. If these come to market I'll be trying them.

#15 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2018-02-08 06:56 PM

Stealthy Doritos! Do they come in camo?

#16 | Posted by Federalist at 2018-02-08 07:49 PM

"I can't wait!" Moder8

#17 | Posted by fishpaw at 2018-02-09 12:22 PM

Drudge Retort Headlines

Why Always the AR-15, Homicidal Nutjobs? (101 comments)

Billy Graham Dies (92 comments)

Trump Wants to Arm Teachers (88 comments)

Trump Needed 'Cheat Sheet' When He Met Survivors (65 comments)

Far-Right Kooks Smear Parkland Survivors (60 comments)

How Low Are You Willing to See America Go? (50 comments)

Parkland Survivors Confront Legislators in Tallahassee (44 comments)

How 'Thoughts and Prayers' Became a Joke (40 comments)

NRA Opposes Age Limits on Gun Purchases (36 comments)