Tuesday, February 06, 2018

Frasier Star John Mahoney Dies

John Mahoney, a veteran character actor best known for playing the curmudgeonly dog-loving father of the title character in TV's Frasier, has died, his publicist said Monday. He was 77 years old. Mahoney, who played Martin Crane, father of Frasier Crane and Niles Crane, on the long-running sitcom, died Sunday in Chicago after a short illness, according to Wendy Morris.

John Mahoney made me laugh. I hope Moose (the dog that played Eddie) is waiting for him on the other side.

Comments

Sad, he was the best part of that show ... Agree, Eddie was pretty good dawg...

#1 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2018-02-05 11:42 PM

"Frasier" was a funny if somewhat predictable show. Mahoney's portrayal of the stodgy but lovable old man was a big part of its charm.

#2 | Posted by cbob at 2018-02-06 09:57 AM

Rip dude.

#3 | Posted by fresno500 at 2018-02-06 11:39 AM

I'm sure Chair will have a nice, short eulogy for this guy.

#4 | Posted by JeffJ at 2018-02-06 11:54 AM

"My hot and foamy must've exploded."

#5 | Posted by madscientist at 2018-02-06 01:12 PM

I remember him as the corrupt DA in Primal Fear with Richard Gere. He played a Chicago politico in bed with the Catholic Church and every corrupt investor in the city.

#6 | Posted by moder8 at 2018-02-06 01:23 PM

"I don't know who this guy was but I'm sure glad he's dead."
-101

#7 | Posted by HanoverFist at 2018-02-06 01:34 PM

Drudge Retort Headlines

Florida Governor: Those Under Age 21 Should Not Own Guns (224 comments)

Trump Wants to Arm Teachers (91 comments)

Texas School Will Punish Any Student Who Protests (75 comments)

Trump Needed 'Cheat Sheet' When He Met Survivors (72 comments)

Parkland School Cop Didn't Enter Building (56 comments)

32 More Indictments for Manafort, Gates (55 comments)

NRA Opposes Age Limits on Gun Purchases (53 comments)

The AR-15 Inflicts Devastatingly Different Wounds (52 comments)

More Guns Do Not Stop More Crimes (52 comments)

Trump: 'Maybe They Have to Put a Rating System' on Movies (50 comments)