Saturday, February 03, 2018

Ryan deletes tweet after bragging $1.50 worker pay raise

Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) deleted a tweet on Saturday, in which he said a woman's paycheck went up by $1.50 due to the Republican tax-reform plan. Ryan included a link to an Associated Press story in the tweet that explained how the legislation has benefited workers and corporations. The speaker referred to Julia Ketchum, who said her $1.50 pay increase would cover her Costco membership for the year. "A secretary at a public high school in Lancaster, PA, said she was pleasantly surprised her pay went up $1.50 a week...she said [that] will cover her Costco membership for the year," Ryan tweeted.

Comments

Paul Ryan = dumbass

#1 | Posted by PinchALoaf at 2018-02-03 08:29 PM

What a douche

#2 | Posted by truthhurts at 2018-02-03 09:30 PM

Stop me if you've heard it:

***soft music plays as David and Charles Koch turn into camera***
Voice over:
For only the cost of your own health care you can give these two filthy, greedy f***ing hogs a tax cut...

Democrats running for office, please run that 30 second spot.
And hit me up.

I have sssssoooo many more.

#3 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2018-02-03 10:41 PM

Charles, a Koch brother in Wichita, said he was pleasantly surprised that his pay went up $26,923,076 a week... he said that the slight increase will more than cover the cost of buying several more Paul Ryans.

#4 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2018-02-03 10:53 PM

Paul Ryan: Can I just do away with all of your insurance and any sort of public assistance???

Random person: Uhhhhhhhhhh,,,,,,,,,,,, no...............

Paul Ryan: *** slides 6 quarters across the table *** How about now???

#5 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2018-02-03 11:08 PM

"What a douche"

Funny, this is exactly the word one of my Wisconsin friends uses to describe Republicans from that state. And he's not a Democrat either.

#6 | Posted by sentinel at 2018-02-03 11:49 PM

If you make less than 75,000 per year and you vote for those people you must realize you are a pawn. A fool. An idiot. Don't ever try to pretend to be intelligent here again. America is such a sad nation, so willing to punish ourselves so that the 1% can have wealth they won't even ever notice.

#7 | Posted by danni at 2018-02-04 03:27 AM

We won't refer to it as Bastille Day but a day is coming for the uber rich who just bought a big tax cut for themselves. Those who don't learn from history are destined to repeat it. Good day.

#8 | Posted by danni at 2018-02-04 03:30 AM

Need to merge threads....

I don't understand why Paul Ryan deleted the tweet.

Isn't he proud that he saved this woman 22 cents per day?

Well,,, almost 22 cents.

Do they still sell those 25 cent packs of Big Red with 5 sticks in them? If she saves up from the day before she can one of those bad boys every coupla days.

#9 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2018-02-04 10:02 AM

Danni,

"If you make less than 75,000 per year and you vote for those people you must realize you are a pawn. A fool. An idiot."

I agree with you that hard-line Republicans support the rich and really don't care about anyone else.

I know that and has a lot to do with why I voted democrat ever since Reagan.

But...you need to understand there's more than one issue at stake now.

If the liberals were not on such a deliberate campaign to suppress freedom of speech and freedom of religion for people different from themselves, Trump very likely would not even be in office.

Blame yourself and the liberal agenda for pushing away moderate democrats and moderate Christians who have supported democrats but voted for Trump this time.

And you are fooling yourself if you believe people like me are idiots.

Name calling isn't going to fix this.

#10 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2018-02-04 04:42 PM

Liberals are hell bent on telling everyone else what to think and what to say and what to believe.

What's funny is not that many years ago Christians were accused of trying to do the same thing and the courts shut them up.

Why do liberals have special privileges?

I've watched it on this site for years the way liberals believe themselves superior to everyone else and think they are entitled to manipulate everyone around them.

I mean...telling me what pronouns I MUST use when talking about people!

#11 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2018-02-04 04:51 PM

Let's not debate the reason for using specific pronouns.

I am simply addressing the fact liberals shame anyone who doesn't.

My point is I have a right to use whatever pronoun I want to use.

And liberals are forgetting that.

And that's just one example of the endless shaming and insulting coming from liberals who want to force everyone to act like them.

#12 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2018-02-04 04:55 PM

Use whatever pronouns you want, BILL. Donald Trump is a criminal and a traitor. We could use your help getting rid of him.

#13 | Posted by Zed at 2018-02-04 06:12 PM

And don't even get me started about this constant obsession with money with so many people.

You don't have to be rich to be obsessed with the topic of money.

The rich, the poor, the middle class...yak yak yak...money...money...money...

Really...there's a LOT more important issues than money.

With the economy being in such a state, money becomes inordinately important but people don't always vote with their pocketbook.

#14 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2018-02-04 06:15 PM

My female family member will have to drop out of Costco because Ryan took that dollar from her.

Don't tell her not to be obsessed. This is a disaster.

#15 | Posted by Zed at 2018-02-04 06:25 PM

Zed,

Indeed.

People have the right to obsess however they want.

I don't think I said anything about telling anyone they shouldn't.

Naturally, you assumed I was.

I think it's called projection.

#16 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2018-02-04 06:35 PM

I no longer project. One hundred percent digital.

#17 | Posted by Zed at 2018-02-04 06:38 PM

#17 is unaware of digital projectors. Talk about a lack of self awareness.

#18 | Posted by sentinel at 2018-02-04 11:20 PM

#19 | Posted by 726 at 2018-02-05 11:01 AM

"Really...there's a LOT more important issues than money."

Sure, if you have enough to survive, pay your bills, buy food, etc. If not, then there is really nothing else quite as important as money.

#20 | Posted by danni at 2018-02-05 11:39 AM

"That is funny. A manufactured war on religion by the right blaming the left and you bought it hook line and sinker."

Perpetual victimhood, it's what they do.

#21 | Posted by danni at 2018-02-05 11:44 AM

Drudge Retort Headlines

3 More Deputies On Scene Did Not Enter School (106 comments)

House Intel Committee Releases Democratic Memo (92 comments)

The AR-15 Inflicts Devastatingly Different Wounds (85 comments)

Rice 'Justifiably Concerned' Sharing Intel with Trump Administration (35 comments)

China: America's Easy Gun Sales a Human Rights Problem (33 comments)

What Life Without Retirement Savings Looks Like (29 comments)

Ted Cruz: 'Democrats Are the Party of Lisa Simpson' (28 comments)

EPA Chief Says Bible Defends His Environmental Policies (25 comments)

Trump Reads Racist Anti-Immigrant Lyrics at CPAC (24 comments)

Parkland Student: 'We Should Call AR-15s Marco Rubio' (17 comments)