Monday, February 05, 2018

At Crematorium, Some People Go Out with a Bang

A coconut that was placed inside a coffin "sent fear" through staff at a crematorium when it exploded. Bolton Council has urged mourners to abide by crematorium rules and not "slip" items into coffins. Donna Ball, Assistant Director of Community Services, said a "hell of an explosion can sometimes occur". Other items of concern include mobile phones, TV remotes, e-cigarettes and bottles of alcohol. Ball told the BBC: "We are asking people to be considerate regarding the items they place into coffins before the cremation process. "We have seen a rise in things like e-cigarettes, bottles of whisky and vodka, golf balls, sometimes golf clubs, and mobile phones. Mobile phones in particular are a real issue for us". Ball said: "Usually the funeral director will pick them up but sometimes things are slid inside peoples' pockets and they are just not picked up during the process, then when they go through the cremation process a hell of an explosion can sometimes occur."

More

You put the lime in the coconut and shake it all up?

Comments

Nothing worse than exploding corpses, I always say.

#1 | Posted by cbob at 2018-02-05 05:08 PM

#1 | POSTED BY CBOB

Nothing more phantasmagorical than exploding corpses, I always say.

FTFY

#2 | Posted by PinkyanTheBrain at 2018-02-06 10:36 AM

Drudge Retort Headlines

Why Always the AR-15, Homicidal Nutjobs? (101 comments)

Billy Graham Dies (92 comments)

Trump Wants to Arm Teachers (88 comments)

Trump Needed 'Cheat Sheet' When He Met Survivors (65 comments)

Far-Right Kooks Smear Parkland Survivors (60 comments)

How Low Are You Willing to See America Go? (50 comments)

Parkland Survivors Confront Legislators in Tallahassee (44 comments)

How 'Thoughts and Prayers' Became a Joke (41 comments)

NRA Opposes Age Limits on Gun Purchases (36 comments)