Friday, February 02, 2018

Father Lunges at Larry Nassar in Court

The father of three daughters who have been abused by Larry Nassar tried to attack the former doctor in Eaton County court Friday before he was tackled and arrested by security. Randall Margraves said he was a "distraught father" and cursed at Nassar, but Judge Janice Cunningham told him that was not allowed in court. "I would ask you, as part of the sentencing, to grant me five minutes in a locked room with this demon," he asked. "Would you give me one minute?"

Comments

FTA: ""I would ask you, as part of the sentencing to grant me five minutes in a locked room with this demon," he asked. "Would you give me one minute?"

The judge declined, saying "that's not how our legal system works.""

#1 | Posted by madscientist at 2018-02-02 09:45 AM

If he is charged with a crime he should ask for a jury trial and, hopefully and probably, no jury in the U.S. would convict him for being a good father. Just too bad he wasn't quick enough to get his hands on that piece of excrement. Hopefully too, there will be "Dads" dealing with him in prison.

#2 | Posted by danni at 2018-02-02 10:05 AM

I felt that Dad's pain when he went for that piece of shit, any sane person would.

#3 | Posted by gracieamazed at 2018-02-02 11:34 AM

The judge declined, saying "that's not how our legal system works.""

#1 | POSTED BY MADSCIENTIST

Sometimes what is legal is not just.

#4 | Posted by IndianaJones at 2018-02-02 12:46 PM

#5 | Posted by gracieamazed at 2018-02-02 12:51 PM

Having two daughters myself, I might have done the same.

#6 | Posted by Whatsleft at 2018-02-02 12:51 PM

I don't blame the fathter at all. A lot of people not even the fathers of victims do. And plenty of folks in prison will be out for a piece of him. That POS will be in solitary confinement for the rest of his life.

#7 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2018-02-02 01:38 PM

That POS will be in solitary confinement for the rest of his life.

#7 | POSTED BY GALAXIEPETE

If he's lucky. He'll probably be shanked on the playground and spend most of his time in the infirmary.

#8 | Posted by IndianaJones at 2018-02-02 01:46 PM

Father should be focusung his energies on all the peiole that let Nasser do this for so long.

People who don't have police protection...

#9 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-02-02 02:34 PM

What's mind-boggling is that the authorities didn't expect this to happen. If they're going to allow a victim impact panel to be this close to Nasser, then he should be in a cage or behind bulletproof glass. For his safety, and the safety of the other people in the courtroom.

Because, as many have pointed out here, some fathers have a natural inclination to go murderously insane when meeting the perpetrator of crimes against their daughters.

#10 | Posted by madscientist at 2018-02-02 02:35 PM

I hope the father doesn't kill himself over this and can find some way to forgive himself. What a thing to try to live with.

#11 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2018-02-02 02:44 PM

#11 | POSTED BY BRUCEBANNER

What the hell does he have to forgive himself for? He didn't molest the kids.

#12 | Posted by IndianaJones at 2018-02-02 02:54 PM

#12 I'm guessing you're not a parent. Think about it.

#13 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2018-02-02 03:00 PM

Here: people.com

#14 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2018-02-02 03:04 PM

"What the hell does he have to forgive himself for?"

Not protecting his kids from this Ayn Rand Superman named Larry Nasser.

#15 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-02-02 03:11 PM

I think Indy has a serious problem empathizing with other people, which is why he is so heartless and extreme.

#16 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2018-02-02 03:24 PM

Empathy is a sign of weakness in TrumpWorld.

#17 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-02-02 05:01 PM

The court room is often a place of high emotion and I am sure others have wanted to attack and in some cases have attacked the defendant when their loved ones were victimized. I wonder if they received the same level of understanding and compassion as was granted by this judge?

#18 | Posted by FedUpWithPols at 2018-02-03 01:29 PM

"Our local news just had breaking news that the judge will not punish the father. Smart judge."

Good news! But will he be given a medal for courage? He should be rewarded, that scum bag deserved every punishment that Dad could dole out. I would have given him ten minutes alone with that animal.

#19 | Posted by danni at 2018-02-03 01:37 PM

Drudge Retort Headlines

Florida Governor: Those Under Age 21 Should Not Own Guns (281 comments)

3 More Deputies On Scene Did Not Enter School (90 comments)

Texas School Will Punish Any Student Who Protests (86 comments)

The AR-15 Inflicts Devastatingly Different Wounds (79 comments)

House Intel Committee Releases Democratic Memo (74 comments)

Parkland School Cop Didn't Enter Building (69 comments)

Gates Expected to Plead Guilty, Help Mueller (43 comments)

Teacher Bonuses for Guns But Not Education (38 comments)

Rice 'Justifiably Concerned' Sharing Intel with Trump Administration (31 comments)